Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City would you chose for us?
Houston 30 20.41%
Dallas 54 36.73%
Atlanta 63 42.86%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 06:29 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,218,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Go re-read my post....Read whats in Parentheses.
Just because you couldn’t hack it there and lived an unstructured life doesn’t make it the case for everyone in Houston. Did you take 099 courses at TSU and have an IEP in DISD schools? And Redlion seems to be aiming for Atlanta, not Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 06:53 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Just because you couldn’t hack it there and lived an unstructured life doesn’t make it the case for everyone in Houston. Did you take 099 courses at TSU and have an IEP in DISD schools? And Redlion seems to be aiming for Atlanta, not Dallas
Does anybody pay attention to anything?!!

Quit attacking me!!!

I did HACK it....I had fun every minute until I realized that I wanted to have my own apartment and live life as a grown up not a college kid in a dorm room.....

When I was in college we all looked forward to going home to party on certain weekends because before we came we was too young to party in Dallas.....I WANTED TO GO HOME.........I WANTED TO START MY LIFE AND EXPERIENCE DALLAS.

Dallas was a Totally different place as an adult with your own place ......I never looked back.

Now please don't ever bring TSU up again regarding me.......I love and STILL love TSU but i made the right bad decisions down there because I love my life now and im glad I dug my adulthood roots in the town I was born.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:59 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Thanks for giving me that much power....Dallas was thick at TSU...I ran it..me and my Dallas clique......I grew up though....Houston is fun if you have no plans for structured life(totally subjective).
When I visit now its obvious that the love for Houston left me when I left it.(meaning What thrilled me thrilled me at 18 ,19 and 20 yrs old)

Please dont let lil ole me stop you from living your best life.....Dallas is a great city and you know it is.

If you just do whats best for you and your wife and quit focusing on proving Houston is better than Dallas...you'll grow to appreciate what Dallas offers with an open mind.

I'm old enough to know what I want and Like ...I would never let a forum pick where I move.
You “ran” a college? Lmao you continue to prove that stereotype of Black Dallasites being these docile slow country close minded uncultured folks. I’m not saying it myself but you’re not doing your city any favors the more you type. And you say you grew up, but did you really? I mean, you call yourself a BOI, you post up smilies left and right and you actually think a city rivalry means something to Adults outside of City Data. I’m starting to think you’ve never been outside of Dallas except when you allegedly went to TSU. No offense but you come off very very mentally slow. It’s obvious you illiterate, but this weird obsession with Houston is a little disturbing.

Also I think I’ve said several times I like Dallas. It’s definitely grown on me more and more. But putting economics and career opportunities aside, out of the 3 Dallas is 3rd on my list. Culturally it’s not as appealing as Houston and nowhere near close to Atlanta imo. Now go cry about that. HA!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:11 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Galveston's Moody Gardens has a decent aquarium. Not aquarium in Texas is comparable to Atlanta. You can see whale sharks there and catch a dolphin show.
Unless people want to call sea world an aquarium but that might be a stretch.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
You “ran” a college? Lmao you continue to prove that stereotype of Black Dallasites being these docile slow country close minded uncultured folks. I’m not saying it myself but you’re not doing your city any favors the more you type. And you say you grew up, but did you really? I mean, you call yourself a BOI, you post up smilies left and right and you actually think a city rivalry means something to Adults outside of City Data. I’m starting to think you’ve never been outside of Dallas except when you allegedly went to TSU. No offense but you come off very very mentally slow. It’s obvious you illiterate, but this weird obsession with Houston is a little disturbing.

Also I think I’ve said several times I like Dallas. It’s definitely grown on me more and more. But putting economics and career opportunities aside, out of the 3 Dallas is 3rd on my list. Culturally it’s not as appealing as Houston and nowhere near close to Atlanta imo. Now go cry about that. HA!
You're still not saying anything

Why add Dallas as an option if the important stuff is not important?!!!....You know...Career opportunities..good economics and more money?.....The stuff that Dallas offers

Any sane minded person would think that those things would be the top 3 things that an educated brother like yourself would be looking for.....And I do believe that you ARE looking for those things...but it saddens me that you would go as far as to strip Dallas of all of it's assets just to say Houston is a better city.

You are letting the good things about Dallas push you to Hate it because your beloved Houston can't provide them for you.....You said this yourself.: p

I love smilies because it depicts my vibe 80% of the time..

Old 05-26-2020, 07:38 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,218,353 times
Quote:
Does anybody pay attention to anything?!!

Quit attacking me!!!

I did HACK it....I had fun every minute until I realized that I wanted to have my own apartment and live life as a grown up not a college kid in a dorm room.....

When I was in college we all looked forward to going home to party on certain weekends because before we came we was too young to party in Dallas.....I WANTED TO GO HOME.........I WANTED TO START MY LIFE AND EXPERIENCE DALLAS.

Dallas was a Totally different place as an adult with your own place ......I never looked back.

Now please don't ever bring TSU up again regarding me.......I love and STILL love TSU but i made the right bad decisions down there because I love my life now and im glad I dug my adulthood roots in the town I was born.
You could’ve focused on your studies, gotten a job, and rented an apartment down there in Houston during your time there if you were weren't so focused on partying and fooling around.

And I’ll mention TSU whenever I please whether you like it or not. Especially when you keep making slick remarks about it when the truth is your dropped out because you were too fixated on the wrong things. I guess I’d be bitter too.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
You could’ve focused on your studies, gotten a job, and rented an apartment down there in Houston during your time there if you were weren't so focused on partying and fooling around.

And I’ll mention TSU whenever I please whether you like it or not. Especially when you keep making slick remarks about it when the truth is your dropped out because you were too fixated on the wrong things. I guess I’d be bitter too.
I didn't want to find a job in Houston because I knew I would be distracted by the things that made me put partying over school.(I did work at albertsons on the SW side though)

I kinda needed the family around to focus at that age so I went home...If I would have stayed I would have ran wild until i got into some type of life altering situation(knowing how I was then).

But this is not about me it's about Redlion.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:10 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Go re-read my post....Read whats in Parentheses.

Actually TSU is Used against me...just like it was in this thread(meaning I never bring it up).I just respond accordingly.
And the way that you "respond accordingly" is very, very telling. There's nothing wrong with transferring from one school where you had too many distractions to another where you were able to better focus on your actual studies; as a matter of fact, that's commendable because you made a necessary course correction. But the way you lash out at Houston in your responses is just weird and gets you absolutely nowhere.

Quote:
If a person is seriously looking for a place to move why would you add a city that you already think is inferior to where you currently live....I'll wait.
I don't recall the OP ever saying that Dallas was "inferior" to Houston. It simply has a distinct set of advantages/strengths that made it smart for him to consider as a potential city to relocate to.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:14 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Some of the most knowledgeable and successful people I know don’t have a degree. Having a degree doesn’t necessarily guarantee wealth but it does guarantee debt for most people.
How is this relevant to the topic at hand?

Old 05-26-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
And the way that you "respond accordingly" is very, very telling. There's nothing wrong with transferring from one school where you had too many distractions to another where you were able to better focus on your actual studies; as a matter of fact, that's commendable because you made a necessary course correction. But the way you lash out at Houston in your responses is just weird and gets you absolutely nowhere.

I don't recall the OP ever saying that Dallas was "inferior" to Houston. It simply has a distinct set of advantages/strengths that made it smart for him to consider as a potential city to relocate to.
Can you please quote where I lashed out at Houston?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City