Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City would you chose for us?
Houston 30 20.41%
Dallas 54 36.73%
Atlanta 63 42.86%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 09:36 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
And the way that you "respond accordingly" is very, very telling. There's nothing wrong with transferring from one school where you had too many distractions to another where you were able to better focus on your actual studies; as a matter of fact, that's commendable because you made a necessary course correction. But the way you lash out at Houston in your responses is just weird and gets you absolutely nowhere.

I don't recall the OP ever saying that Dallas was "inferior" to Houston. It simply has a distinct set of advantages/strengths that made it smart for him to consider as a potential city to relocate to.

Quote:
But putting economics and career opportunities aside, out of the 3 Dallas is 3rd on my list. Culturally it’s not as appealing as Houston and nowhere near close to Atlanta imo. Now go cry about that. HA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 09:50 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Can you please quote where I lashed out at Houston?
Practically every post in which you mentioned the place.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:53 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
That's not the same as saying that it's an inferior city. He didn't even say that Dallas was culturally deficient compared to Houston and Atlanta but only that it wasn't as culturally appealing.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:41 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That's not the same as saying that it's an inferior city. He didn't even say that Dallas was culturally deficient compared to Houston and Atlanta but only that it wasn't as culturally appealing.
Which is why it should have been just Houston vs Atlanta.

Don't add Dallas just to point out how it doesn't match up to the two that you prefer. It just wasn't necessary to me....it's a subliminal jab.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:22 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,026,859 times
Quote:

Don't add Dallas just to point out how it doesn't match up to the two that you prefer. It just wasn't necessary to me....it's a subliminal jab.
Did it occur to you he added Dallas to make sure he got different point of views in case he missed something? Especially since the move would have been closer.You are really taking this way to personal

Old 05-27-2020, 08:54 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:

He simply said Houston and Atlanta appeals to him more than Dallas but that doesn’t mean he has any dislike for Dallas. What is wrong with that?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:54 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
He simply said Houston and Atlanta appeals to him more than Dallas but that doesn’t mean he has any dislike for Dallas. What is wrong with that?
Exactly! If I thought Dallas was so inferior why would I consider it an option to move my family to in the first place? I’ve listed pros and cons for each city yet for some reason he’s built this idea in his head that I have something against Dallas. Lol I’m not even responding to dude anymore. Added absolutely nothing of value to the thread but unintentional entertainment. Lol

Old 05-27-2020, 09:58 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
All you guys are really missing the point about what’s really going on between Redlionjr and Dallasboi. There is a perception that many hold on this forum that because Dallas doesn’t have the presence of a large HBCU than its inferior to Atlanta or Houston. If you guys ever notice the DFW posters have to constantly educate people with respects to there town. It’s a very ignorant view that ignores the fact that many of DFW black brightest attend non black institutions. Yes, black people can and are prospering in metros that don’t have a large HBCU. Dallas is a shining example of that. That brings me to another ignorant perception. The perception that HBCU’s are inferior to traditional schools. “Yes” there are many black people out there that feel that HBCU’s are inferior to traditional school, which I find to be appalling myself. But if you really dig deeper at that perception black parents are afraid to send their children to certain black institutions because of the fear of bad influences getting in the way of academic success. Many black HBCU supporters would still never send their children to a HBCU because of those fears. Would I send my immature and easily influenced son to TSU. Hell to the know. If I knew my son was mature enough to handle TSU than I would approve but I still would be worried sick about my child being down in Houston 4.5 hours away from me. The same way RedLionjr wants his child to have the best education in a safe environment is no different than the average black person that lives in North Texas.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 05-27-2020 at 10:13 AM..

Old 05-27-2020, 10:16 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
All you guys are really missing the point about what’s really going on between Redlionjr and Dallasboi. There is a perception that many hold on this forum that because Dallas doesn’t have the presence of a large HBCU than its inferior to Atlanta or Houston. If you guys ever notice the DFW posters have to constantly educate people with respects to there town. It’s a very ignorant view that ignores the fact that many of DFW black brightest attend non black institutions. Yes, black people can and are prospering in metros that don’t have a large HBCU. Dallas is a shining example of that. That brings me to the another ignorant perception. The perception that HBCU’s are inferior to traditional schools. “Yes” there are many black people out there that feel that HBCU’s are inferior to traditional school, which I find to be appalling myself. But if you really dig deeper at that perception black parents are afraid to send their children to certain black institutions because of the fear of bad influences getting in the way of academic success. Many black HBCU supporters would still never send their children to a HBCU because of those fears. Would I send my immature and easily influenced son to TSU. Hell to the know. If I knew my son was mature enough to handle TSU than I would approve but I still would be worried sick about my child being down in Houston 4.5 hours away from me. The same way RedLionjr wants his child to have the best education in a safe environment is no different than the average black person that lives in North Texas.
There’s no “between Redlion and Dallasboi” because I never made the argument that Dallas Black culture was inferior because it lacked a large HBCU in the first place. He’s not even arguing with me about that. I’m honestly befuddled by his problem in the first place. Just look through the thread. I’ve actually defended and highlighted the Black community in DFW. So let’s not pretend he has some legitimate case against me.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:53 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
There’s no “between Redlion and Dallasboi” because I never made the argument that Dallas Black culture was inferior because it lacked a large HBCU in the first place. He’s not even arguing with me about that. I’m honestly befuddled by his problem in the first place. Just look through the thread. I’ve actually defended and highlighted the Black community in DFW. So let’s not pretend he has some legitimate case against me.
Well a couple of posters did ridicule him for not graduating from TSU and he responded back with something that was also repulsive that fit the stereotypical narrative of how some people view north Texas black people and you responded back by giving those same old tired stereotypes of black people from the upper south, which is something you picked up from the gulf coast region. You’re right you have defended DFW on many occasions because you’re a native East Texan and the Dallas black community is largely an extension of East Texas. So, to some extent your obligated to do so because you would be denying your roots.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 05-27-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City