Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City would you chose for us?
Houston 30 20.41%
Dallas 54 36.73%
Atlanta 63 42.86%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 08:06 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
The use of more diverging diamonds are being used as well.Is this common in Dallas or Houston?
There's some in the burbs as well as a "Michigan Left" or two. The U-turns mentioned do not require you to sit a light, you can just turn from far left lane into far left lane of the other direction. It's a pretty great concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 08:07 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,923,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
lol... Ironically, I don't dislike Atlanta. The fact that you all try to somehow prove to people on here that it's somehow better than Dallas and Houston just needs to have opposing points of view. That's all it boils down to. But apparently since, I don't agree with the points you all make to try to prove superiority, I supposedly have a mental illness. lol

As for the flat concrete freeways comment, that's just another point that's ridiculous.
I wasn't referring to you, it was intended for the latest reiteration of DaveinPA. He is now NoHyping.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I wasn't referring to you, it was intended for the latest reiteration of DaveinPA. He is now NoHyping.
oh... okay.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:26 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Atlanta's urban core feels larger than Dallas's urban core from the freeway because the skyscrapers are right along the interstate when you're traveling through. Dallas' downtown feels larger than Atlanta's, but uptown's skyscraper core developed further away from the interstate so you can't get a true feel of it's urban core from the freeway. I've been to Dallas.

Outside of the urban core though, Dallas definitely feels larger because you can see all of the urban sprawl right along the freeway and it isn't covered up by trees. It reminded me of Los Angeles a bit.
I don't like naked concrete cities. Atlanta is a nice blend of urban development and forest.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:52 PM

1,803 posts, read 934,104 times
Since a Atlanta video was posted and I was not going to, but people seem to think anyone who favors their home city or city they are a transplant? Hates on Atlanta. I do not know why. No one denies Atlanta's trees and tree canopy. So that is moot. There is no KING city of the Sunbelt or South.

So equal billing a video of driving into downtown Dallas and then beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ayHLhbT1Uw&t=363s

Old 06-04-2020, 08:57 PM

Equal opportunity to Houston too. A Houston expressway video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuzPs9ACHKM

Old 06-04-2020, 09:05 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Since a Atlanta video was posted and I was not going to, but people seem to think anyone who favors their home city or city they are a transplant? Hates on Atlanta.
You hate on Atlanta because that's actually what you do. Like you don't even have a dog in this particular fight but you jumped into the frey adding absolutely nothing of value to the discussion ("equal opportunity" YouTube videos notwithstanding) but hey, at least you made sure Atlanta got taken down a notch or two right?

But I suppose the fact that you're on your third or so screenname pretty much says it all.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
You hate on Atlanta because that's actually what you do. Like you don't even have a dog in this particular fight but hey, gotta make sure Atlanta gets taken down a notch or two right?

But I suppose the fact that you're on your third or so screenname pretty much says it all.
Don't you think the other city videos have value too?

In reality, it is Houston getting the shaft here in votes. No one even comes in as a gang to promote Houston. But one city they do and call everyone haters. No it is to say. There is no one city that is KING again. Some cities have more posters loving them and claim all hate them. That gets old.

This thread had a long run and still this same noting one has to win or you hate on it. Have a Good night.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:11 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Atlanta's urban core feels larger than Dallas's urban core from the freeway because the skyscrapers are right along the interstate when you're traveling through. Dallas' downtown feels larger than Atlanta's, but uptown's skyscraper core developed further away from the interstate so you can't get a true feel of it's urban core from the freeway. I've been to Dallas.

Outside of the urban core though, Dallas definitely feels larger because you can see all of the urban sprawl right along the freeway and it isn't covered up by trees. It reminded me of Los Angeles a bit.
I sort of like it better that way. Some people are pleasantly surprised by it. I seen a guy from Houston while walking though Uptown. Whoever he was on the phone with, he made it clear on how surprised he was...

There’s a better view looking from the west

Skip to 0:50

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=g75ky2DwSc8

Old 06-04-2020, 09:13 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Don't you think the other city videos have value too?

In reality, it is Houston getting the shaft here in votes. No one even comes in as a gang to promote Houston. But one city they do and call everyone haters. No it is to say. There is no one city that is KING again. Some cities have more posters loving them and claim all hate them. That gets old.

This thread had a long run and still this same noting one has to win or you hate on it. Have a Good night.
More blathering nothingness from someone without a dog in the fight. Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City