Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you rather visit mos
Ottawa 13 13.83%
Washington DC 35 37.23%
Mexico City 50 53.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 09:09 PM

3,889 posts, read 2,204,375 times

Advertisements

I see MXC has surged to the top in the poll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 04:48 PM

23,539 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Mexico, since I’ve visited Ottawa and Washington DC already.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:29 PM

955 posts, read 612,554 times
Rather visit? Mexico City! Ottawa and DC I've seen enough.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:14 PM

2,751 posts, read 2,422,723 times
I live in DC and have zero interest in Ottawa so Mexico City.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:48 PM

7 posts, read 5,361 times
Since the question refers to what city you want to visit the answer would be Mexico City.

If it was where would you want to live, then the answer would be Ottawa as it has the highest standard of living just for being in Canada.

DC outside of the monuments looks too ghetto.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:53 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,088,935 times
Mexico City, never been.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:39 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,821,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicology View Post
Since the question refers to what city you want to visit the answer would be Mexico City.

If it was where would you want to live, then the answer would be Ottawa as it has the highest standard of living just for being in Canada.

DC outside of the monuments looks too ghetto.
We get it. You're a pro-Canada troll (one more in the long C-D tradition). Yawn. But this is laughable even by your standards. D.C. outside the monuments is ghetto? Have you been to Capitol Hill, Georgetown, Alexandria, Cathedral Heights, Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, Golden Triangle, Embassy Row? It's one of the wealthiest, most educated metros in North America, far more than Ottawa.

Northern Virginia has 3 million people, making twice the Ottawa average salary $$$, at 2 homicides per 100,000 people, lower than Ottawa. The only real difference between the two is that Washington is a real city while Ottawa feels like a boring village (don't take it from me, a grad school colleague left Ottawa for Victoria because she couldn't stand living there, even if in a cushy Parliament job).

Old 01-01-2021, 09:55 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,661,232 times
For the ones I've visited, DC then Ottawa. Realistically it'll be Mexico City, DC and Ottawa. MC and DC are actually interesting and have a lot to offer. Ottawa, well.... good city if you need a good night's sleep, that's all I'll say.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:57 PM

955 posts, read 612,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
We get it. You're a pro-Canada troll (one more in the long C-D tradition). Yawn. But this is laughable even by your standards. D.C. outside the monuments is ghetto? Have you been to Capitol Hill, Georgetown, Alexandria, Cathedral Heights, Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, Golden Triangle, Embassy Row? It's one of the wealthiest, most educated metros in North America, far more than Ottawa.
Totally agree with your list of neighborhoods. DC is not "ghetto" whatsoever and much wealthier than the other choices here.

I'm pretty sure that user is a sock-puppet account for someone else, they registered yesterday yet somehow were telling me about my alleged long history of being anti-Canadian (which is ironic since I'm a former Canadian resident...).

Old 01-01-2021, 11:19 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,027,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Washington, DC is my pick, with Mexico City very close behind.

I feel a patriotic duty to visit Washington, DC at least once in my life. I can imagine the sense of pride and awe getting to see our nation's most important institutions and buildings. Getting to see the White House, Capitol and all the monuments and museums would be an incredible experience. As well as getting to experience the actual city of Washington. I'd also like to see New Mexico Avenue, even though it isn't that important or grand a street as others like Pennsylvania Avenue.

With Mexico City it would be a visit to the ancient and historic center of the homeland of my ancestors. It would also be a religious pilgrimage to see the Basilica of Guadalupe and the original image of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the site of her apparition. Getting to see places like the Aztec pyramids, the Zocalo, Bellas Artes, Paseo de La Reforma and Chapultepec Park would be awesome as well. Getting to experience the food scene in Mexico City would be excellent!
Definitely go to Washington D.C. I wouldn’t say it is “life-changing” but it is something you will never forget.

Mexico City is worth a trip too. The pyramids are a day trip out of the city. The other thing about Mexico City is the amount of poverty visible to visitors. We are fortunate to live in America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City