Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best city brand?
Dallas 9 8.11%
Austin 20 18.02%
Nashville 34 30.63%
Atlanta 39 35.14%
Charlotte 4 3.60%
Houston 5 4.50%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 05:26 PM

718 posts, read 492,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I think ten years ago Austin was on the same level as Charlotte and Columbus Ohio but I think it has outpaced both. Well I think Charlotte and Nashville has outpaced Columbus too but Austin has outpaced all of them.

Houston is well known internationally but it's branding sucks.
Dallas has good national branding but not so much international branding like Houston.
Atlanta has great national and international branding and it's the best option from the choices in the absence of Miami.
Austin has in NO WAY outpaced Charlotte at all in anything. Charlotte is a tier above Austin or at the VERY least at the top of its tier if it's in the same league as Austin..man i swear the boosterism...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 05:27 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,844,261 times
Quote:
What's a Charleston
https://www.travelandleisure.com/tri...t-us-city-2017

Old 07-22-2020, 05:28 PM

405 posts, read 394,338 times
I voted Atlanta but tbh I would change my vote to Austin. Austin has supercharged its brand the last decade, going from a no name college town to the point of being a top tech hub and being considered overrated

Old 07-22-2020, 05:40 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,803,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Dreaming 2 View Post
Austin has in NO WAY outpaced Charlotte at all in anything. Charlotte is a tier above Austin or at the VERY least at the top of its tier if it's in the same league as Austin..man i swear the boosterism...
Me??? Boosting Austin? People think I'm often too harsh on Austin.
I'm just going by what I see. Austin had been more out there then Charlotte in the last ten years. It's been growing like crazy. It's economy is blazing. Idk, if Charlotte has been doing better I'm always open to being enlightened. I'm not a fan of the Austin overhype, but didn't the fact that it's the loudest at tooting that horn shows that it is tops on branding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I was just being silly. But being serious note Charleston is not as big a brand as the cities listed in the poll.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:04 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Dreaming 2 View Post
When it comes to branding... Austin and Nashville outdo Charlotte. Both of those cities have an identifiable culture associated with them. I guess with Charlotte, people may think about Nascar?

Old 07-22-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I think ten years ago Austin was on the same level as Charlotte and Columbus Ohio but I think it has outpaced both. Well I think Charlotte and Nashville has outpaced Columbus too but Austin has outpaced all of them.

Houston is well known internationally but it's branding sucks.
Dallas has good national branding but not so much international branding like Houston.
Atlanta has great national and international branding and it's the best option from the choices in the absence of Miami.
Quote:
Me??? Boosting Austin? People think I'm often too harsh on Austin.
I'm just going by what I see. Austin had been more out there then Charlotte in the last ten years. It's been growing like crazy. It's economy is blazing. Idk, if Charlotte has been doing better I'm always open to being enlightened. I'm not a fan of the Austin overhype, but didn't the fact that it's the loudest at tooting that horn shows that it is tops on branding?

I was just being silly. But being serious note Charleston is not as big a brand as the cities listed in the poll.

Oh ok you are referring to branding itself...if we are talking that metric than yes....but if we are talking economy, growth, sports, skyline, major city amenities, transportation, etc...than no Austin is below Charlotte

Old 07-22-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
When it comes to branding... Austin and Nashville outdo Charlotte. Both of those cities have an identifiable culture associated with them. I guess with Charlotte, people may think about Nascar?
lol. Charlottes it more about its can-do attitude. Yes if we are referring to branding than Austin and Nashville do THAT better....

Old 07-22-2020, 07:05 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Uncommon_ View Post
Wow, only 1 vote for Charlotte? Man, this city is so underrated around here. It’s in the same league as Austin and definitely a tier above Nashville when it comes to up-and-coming cities with strong brands.
I love Charlotte and consider it a second home (I'll be visiting for a few days starting tomorrow in fact), but it doesn't really excel in the branding department nor does it have to. It won't ever be a huge tourist magnet but it's a successful city regardless.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:10 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Charleston's brand is bigger than Charlotte's and Houston's for sure and I'd say it's just as strong as the other cities'.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:12 PM

795 posts, read 481,915 times
I voted for Nashville here, definitely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City