Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 10:37 AM

26 posts, read 21,636 times

Advertisements

Is it?
Miami - Because of the Beach and fun?
NYC - Because of low covid rates?
Chicago - Because of the CoL?
Austin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 10:47 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,484,706 times
Wherever will get largest doses of the vaccine since there seems to be some optimism that it will be available to the public in early 2021.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:27 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,082,995 times
Miami??? Have you seen the Covid ****show that's called Florida? Scratch that from your list.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:48 PM

6,375 posts, read 4,989,995 times
Wherever you already live or have friends. It's gonna be next to impossible to meet people if you move somewhere, because meetups aren't happening, work is mostly remote, and everyone's only hanging out with people they already know.

But if I had to move right now, I'd go somewhere with a lot of outdoor activities.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:44 PM

9,378 posts, read 9,329,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Wherever you already live or have friends. It's gonna be next to impossible to meet people if you move somewhere, because meetups aren't happening, work is mostly remote, and everyone's only hanging out with people they already know.

But if I had to move right now, I'd go somewhere with a lot of outdoor activities.
Agreed. I'd say every major city is more or less in the same boat due to covid.
Suburbs might be a better choice than the respective cities.
But I would also move somewhere off the beaten path a bit if I were to leave somewhere due to Covid. Maybe Vermont or Maine.

Miami vs. NYC vs. Chicago vs. Boston is silly, its all the same. (with regard to Covid).

Old 09-03-2020, 04:56 PM

6,542 posts, read 12,040,501 times
I'm thinking Seattle and Denver. Those two cities have had low transmission rates. Maybe San Francisco as well as that city was pretty strict on shutdowns and social distancing.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:57 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,926,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post

I agree with this, I'm staying put. I love my place, our neighbors and the neighborhood. My support system is here, it would be foolish to leave.

If I were to leave, it would probably be for the mountains of North Georgia, Western NC or Eastern Tennessee.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:31 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I'm thinking Seattle and Denver. Those two cities have had low transmission rates. Maybe San Francisco as well as that city was pretty strict on shutdowns and social distancing.
I would say Portland. Portland seems to fly under the radar and in general seems to have one of the lower counts of COVID-19 compared to most major cities. Oregon in general has been very strict on COVID-19 regulations and the city seems to have less multi-generational households and lower household sizes than a majority of cities.

Difficult to know, a surge can happen anywhere at anytime it seems with this virus.

Portland is the one major city so far that seems to have not had a mega-surge of COVID-19 during the last 6 months.

Denver and Seattle had a mega-surge earlier on and then plummeted. San Francisco did better than a majority of cities early-on than the cases surges but San Francisco COVID-19 fatality rate has been much, much lower than a majority of major cities likely from the fact the population in general likely doesn't have as many chronic conditions per-capita as other cities.

Seattle and Denver seemed to have gone from some of the highest cases per-capita to some of the lowest per-capita of major cities.

Denver had alot of COVID-19 cases in April. It was one of the higher cases per-capita outside the Northeast in April. There was alot of COVID-19 fatilities also in Denver in April also.

Denver seemed to be on the verge of being overwhelmed like NYC in April, but ever since then they have plummeted on cases and have been consistantly some the lowest the counts per-capita.

It seems like ever since then though in general it has decreased tremendously. Denver now has one of the lowest number of cases per-capita in any major city and it's been like this for months.

San Francisco seems to have a relatively high amount of cases but it has had an extremely low COVID-19 fatality rate. Seems like San Francisco has excellent health care systems in general and the population likely has less chronic conditions overall.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:35 PM

955 posts, read 610,191 times
The 5 states with the lowest cases per million residents are:

01. Vermont
02. Maine
03. New Hampshire
04. West Virginia
05. Oregon

Oregon's probably the most impressive because it's by far the state with the highest population among these and the only one with a major metro area.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:13 PM

26 posts, read 21,636 times
Note: I'm not too worried about covid rates. I'm more concerned with FUN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City