Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 06:25 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Genesee County MI, while it’s the home of Flint, there are several desirable areas in it including access to some of Detroit’s most desirable areas.

Duval County FL, or St. John’s County FL?
Duval County, FL. I prefer the look and feel of a larger community. I am not impressed with St. Augustine area.

Rutherford County, TN or St. Charles County, MO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 07:23 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Rutherford County, TN or St. Charles County, MO?
Rutherford Co. I love Murfreesboro and considered moving there at one point.

Just in time for breakfast:
Bacon County, Georgia or Coffee County, Georgia?

Old 01-28-2021, 07:46 AM

1,801 posts, read 1,950,065 times
Coffee County would be my pick since it has more than triple the population. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to live or visit in either, even though Douglas is a "big town" and has better healthcare facilities and a small college. Too far from Atlanta, Savannah, or Jacksonville to make long commutes practical, and is in the most conservative part of the state, so that Dukes of Hazzard "where do you attend church?" lifestyle probably still exists there that I just don't care about. Both are very flat and hot/humid for too much of the year for my liking, and I may not even be visiting either during my lifetime.

Greene County, NY or Columbia County, NY?

Old 01-28-2021, 03:46 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Coffee County would be my pick since it has more than triple the population. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to live or visit in either, even though Douglas is a "big town" and has better healthcare facilities and a small college. Too far from Atlanta, Savannah, or Jacksonville to make long commutes practical, and is in the most conservative part of the state, so that Dukes of Hazzard "where do you attend church?" lifestyle probably still exists there that I just don't care about. Both are very flat and hot/humid for too much of the year for my liking, and I may not even be visiting either during my lifetime.

Greene County, NY or Columbia County, NY?
I picked Columbia because it has a bigger population. Ouachita Parish LA or Lauderdale County MS?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Ouachita Parish LA or Lauderdale County MS?
I'm not crazy about either of these counties' respective county seats (Monroe and Meridian), as both are pretty run down, but I'm sure both counties have very nice rural areas. I'll pick Ouachita because I generally prefer Louisiana to Mississippi.

Hudson County, New Jersey or Essex County, New Jersey?

Old 01-29-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I'm not crazy about either of these counties' respective county seats (Monroe and Meridian), as both are pretty run down, but I'm sure both counties have very nice rural areas. I'll pick Ouachita because I generally prefer Louisiana to Mississippi.

Hudson County, New Jersey or Essex County, New Jersey?
Probably Essex. A little safer I'm sure. Chautauqua County NY or Cattaraugus County NY?

Old 02-01-2021, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Chautauqua County NY or Cattaraugus County NY?
Cattaraugus because of all the towns in those two neighboring counties, I think I would choose to live in Olean (which is in Cattaraugus).

Tazewell County, Illinois or Tazewell County, Virginia?

Old 02-01-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Cattaraugus because of all the towns in those two neighboring counties, I think I would choose to live in Olean (which is in Cattaraugus).

Tazewell County, Illinois or Tazewell County, Virginia?
VA. I like Virginia better. Ohio County WV or Monongalia County WV?

Old 02-01-2021, 08:21 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
VA. I like Virginia better. Ohio County WV or Monongalia County WV?
I would choose Monongalia County by a nose. Both areas have really changed to attract young people, but the former is more impressive. Many discount WV, but interestingly enough, its lower Covid numbers and higher vaccine administering is really neat. I have been to both counties only briefly, as I am more familiar with the Huntington and Charleston areas.

Macomb County, MI or Montgomery County, TX?

Old 02-01-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I would choose Monongalia County by a nose. Both areas have really changed to attract young people, but the former is more impressive. Many discount WV, but interestingly enough, its lower Covid numbers and higher vaccine administering is really neat. I have been to both counties only briefly, as I am more familiar with the Huntington and Charleston areas.

Macomb County, MI or Montgomery County, TX?
Montgomery. I'd not only prefer Houston area over Detroit but also much closer to family. Bernalillo County NM or Pima County AZ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City