Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is most associated with South Carolina?
Greenville 6 5.88%
Myrtle Beach 5 4.90%
Charleston 82 80.39%
Columbia 9 8.82%
Other (specify) 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 06:52 PM

899 posts, read 2,287,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
It's just that it's in the same state as Atlanta, so Savannah doesn't really stick out with its status in Georgia, even though it is popular with its history and as a tourist destination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I tend to disagree. From my experience, Savannah is very much a known quantity throughout Georgia. It occupies a completely different niche and offers a totally different sort of experience than Atlanta. If anything, they complement each other.

I understand what SEAandATL is saying. If we were to run this same poll for Georgia with Atlanta/Savannah/Augusta/Macon/Columbus as the choices, Atlanta would be the run-away winner...the same way Charleston is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 09:15 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
I understand what SEAandATL is saying. If we were to run this same poll for Georgia with Atlanta/Savannah/Augusta/Macon/Columbus as the choices, Atlanta would be the run-away winner...the same way Charleston is here.
I see where you're coming from. His use of the term "overshadowed" had me thinking in real life and not within the context of this thread. But even so, because this poll only allows for one vote per poster, it won't reflect how other cities compare with the top vote-getter. I suppose one could think of it in terms of a typical ballot for political office where you vote for only one candidate versus ranked-choice voting where multiple candidates can be selected by order of preference. In such a scenario with Georgia cities, there's no doubt that Savannah would place a strong second after Atlanta.

Old 10-20-2020, 12:46 PM

899 posts, read 2,287,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I see where you're coming from. His use of the term "overshadowed" had me thinking in real life and not within the context of this thread. But even so, because this poll only allows for one vote per poster, it won't reflect how other cities compare with the top vote-getter. I suppose one could think of it in terms of a typical ballot for political office where you vote for only one candidate versus ranked-choice voting where multiple candidates can be selected by order of preference. In such a scenario with Georgia cities, there's no doubt that Savannah would place a strong second after Atlanta.
Maybe C-D needs to do like Maine and institute ranked-choice voting. Might make for some interesting results on some of these polls.

Old 10-20-2020, 02:08 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,311,783 times
When I think of South Carolina I think of Charleston. And then the rest of the state just kind of sucks from there.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
When I think of South Carolina I think of Charleston. And then the rest of the state just kind of sucks from there.
I hope your sentiments keep you far away from my home state and loved ones. And Charleston sucks too, nothing to see there at all.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Maybe C-D needs to do like Maine and institute ranked-choice voting. Might make for some interesting results on some of these polls.
There's a multiple choice option when you create polls. Most people just don't select it.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:23 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,239,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
Charlotte.
I laughed. I’d give the same answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City