Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 09:45 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
Compared to an Omaha or Tulsa, Des Moines, OKC, Little Rock, Baton Rouge, how does it match up?
I'd say it's above all of those. Above El Paso and Tucson as well. Albuquerque does very well for it's size. It also wins in scenery compared to many places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2020, 09:55 PM

561 posts, read 513,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'd say it's above all of those. Above El Paso and Tucson as well. Albuquerque does very well for it's size. It also wins in scenery compared to many places.
I’ll disagree with that.

Other than scenery and weather, Omaha outperforms Albuquerque in most every other measurable metric. They are basically the same 1 million size metro class..so in reality, it would come down to personal preference. I like Albuquerque..And could see myself living in that metro if life took me there. I just prefer Omaha a bit better.

But Albuquerque is not “above” Omaha. At all...

Old 11-15-2020, 10:04 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe Young View Post
I’ll disagree with that.

Other than scenery and weather, Omaha outperforms Albuquerque in most every other measurable metric. They are basically the same 1 million size metro class..so in reality, it would come down to personal preference. I like Albuquerque..And could see myself living in that metro if life took me there. I just prefer Omaha a bit better.

But Albuquerque is not “above” Omaha. At all...
I've never been to Omaha. I've heard a lot of great things about it and it tends to get a lot of praise on City-Data. I personally just don't care for the Great Plains.

Old 11-15-2020, 11:11 PM

16,075 posts, read 10,732,474 times
If we all can come through this current Covid economic challenge, I think we will see Albuquerque take off like a shot, but only up to a point. The place waking up. Movie and TV studios have moved into town recently. There is great news on the doorstep for new job growth but housing will be a bit of a problem until it catches up. Rental prices have been going up. I suppose there are starter homes being built somewhere but what I see are larger custom home$ going up. The city occupies much of the land that is available to it. National forest and mountains on the east and Indian Pueblo lands north and south. Geology makes the place fairly low-rise. That leaves the western mesa and desert land to the west. Rio Rancho has a good deal of space for housing development and is already the 3rd largest city in the state and gaining on Las Cruces. Corrales is nothing like a typical suburb nor is Los Ranchos de Albuquerque -- too upscale & horsey, generally. Placitas is similar in some ways.

Coming from the midwest I know Omaha but was never really impressed by it. Same with Tulsa. I have been through El Paso but not Tucson. I would say ABQ and El Paso might be similar but friends from Tucson say it is almost the same as ABQ, only hotter. Once the Covid smoke clears it would be interesting to see what develops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City