Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2022, 06:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 6,566,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
So: what's the luxury retail scene like in Orlando?

Seems to me that Disney aims at the broad middle.
Bigger than Nashville for now. Wouldn’t be surprised if that eventually changed though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 12:52 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
Zimmermann is opening a location in Honolulu. I really love their light, summery wear.

Old 11-28-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Zimmermann is opening a location in Honolulu. I really love their light, summery wear.
They’ve grown a lot in the US recently.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:52 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,415,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
CityCenter has that one parking lot on 9th and Nee York they can expand on but that’s it. Whatever office building it will be will likely have ground floor retail and it will be high end most likely.
That's true. I was thinking more of expansion of the luxury shopping in that area in generally not necessarily the CityCenter development.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:34 AM

325 posts, read 203,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Bigger than Nashville for now. Wouldn’t be surprised if that eventually changed though.
I'm surprised there isn't a bigger luxury shopping scene in Brentwood/Franklin. From what I've heard/seen it looks like it would be a prime spot given how affluent it is.

Edit: This thread made me look and apparently Chanel just opened in San Antonio at La Cantera, I'm assuming Gucci is not far behind since they announced it earlier this year around the same time. I also had no clue there was a Breitling store there despite all my times going lol.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:11 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadigggski View Post
I'm surprised there isn't a bigger luxury shopping scene in Brentwood/Franklin. From what I've heard/seen it looks like it would be a prime spot given how affluent it is.

Edit: This thread made me look and apparently Chanel just opened in San Antonio at La Cantera, I'm assuming Gucci is not far behind since they announced it earlier this year around the same time. I also had no clue there was a Breitling store there despite all my times going lol.
The Mall at Green Hills has a fair amount of upmarket and luxury offerings, Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Saint Laurent, RH, and others.

Brentwood/Franklin is still a relatively small but growing area, so I wouldn't expect 20 luxury designers just yet. 10 years from now will likely be a different story. Nashville could certainly handle another high-end department store though (Saks, Neimans, Bloomies).

Old 11-30-2022, 03:32 PM

496 posts, read 350,674 times
Quote:

This has happened many times. The Chanel store in San Antonio is only a beauty-cosmetics store, not a real boutique that sells RTW and leather goods...

https://www.theshopsatlacantera.com/...nel-50785.html

Old 11-30-2022, 06:29 PM

325 posts, read 203,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
This has happened many times. The Chanel store in San Antonio is only a beauty-cosmetics store, not a real boutique that sells RTW and leather goods...

https://www.theshopsatlacantera.com/...nel-50785.html
What's happened many times? There's never been a standalone "Chanel" store in San Antonio until now.

If you're talking about boutiques inside of department stores then yeah, there's one in Neiman Marcus at La Cantera and one at Saks.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
What's happened many times? There's never been a standalone "Chanel" store in San Antonio until now.

If you're talking about boutiques inside of department stores then yeah, there's one in Neiman Marcus at La Cantera and one at Saks.
No he’s right. The Chanel store in San Antonio is a beauty boutique, not a full service Chanel store

Old 11-30-2022, 07:10 PM

496 posts, read 350,674 times
Quote:

what's happened many times is that a Chanel beauty boutique is mistaken as a full-line Chanel boutique that sells Ready-to-Wear and leather goods...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City