Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2023, 10:38 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,737,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPHX View Post
Yes, all in Scottsdale or to be in Scottsdale.

There isn't much high-end retail in Phoenix proper anymore.

Sounds like they're planning a lot more at fashion square as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2023, 11:44 AM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
Christian Dior planning a store in Austin at the Domain.

https://www.kvue.com/article/money/e...6-184cce847596
They also opened a second Houston location last year. Wonder if there’s more to come in Texas

Old 01-13-2023, 01:22 PM

23 posts, read 32,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Intel from a friend at Van Cleef, They are planning outposts in Denver and San Diego.

Also per the intel, recent Van Cleef store openings in Atlanta and Philadelphia reported the highest monthly sales on record of all US locations outside of NYC and LA, which I found impressive. Both locations had near identical numbers in their first 30 days.
I heard that VC&A was opening at Neiman Marcus in Scottsdale this Spring. I am guessing that your intel didn't mention it?

Old 01-13-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Sounds like they're planning a lot more at fashion square as well.
Well they are supposedly remodeling to accommodate Hermès, but no one seems to know where in the mall it is going. Everything else has opened except for Panerai.

What else have you heard that they are planning?

Old 01-13-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
2010s Houston, Dallas and Atlanta’s decade of luxury shopping growth. I can certainly see Boston, DC and Phoenix having their decades in 2020s
I think you're right, but I think Phoenix/Scottsdale had a bit of one in the late 2000s when Barney's opened. Around then Bvlgari, Bottega Veneta, Prada, David Yurman, and Jimmy Choo opened.

In the last two years, the mall opened Dior, Saint Laurent, Louboutin, Golden Goose, Brunello Cucinelli, Versace, IWC, Breitling, Hublot, Dolce & Gabanna, LV Men, Balenciaga, and Gucci Men. So that leaves Hermès and Pannerai to open.

There is no indication of what will open with Hermès and still not one announcement about The Palmeraie. My guesses are Chanel, Armani, Valentino, Loro Piana, and Etro. There are several articles about Rene Caovilla opening at The Palmeraie.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:10 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
I heard that VC&A was opening at Neiman Marcus in Scottsdale this Spring. I am guessing that your intel didn't mention it?
It did. But that was already mentioned in the thread a little while back.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Well they are supposedly remodeling to accommodate Hermès, but no one seems to know where in the mall it is going. Everything else has opened except for Panerai.

What else have you heard that they are planning?
This is from the link below from October of last year. The next phase of the property’s multi-dimensional project announced today will update and redefine the south wing anchored by Nordstrom. Scottsdale Fashion Square will extend its luxury presentation beyond the luxury wing itself, creating a striking arrival point, complete with luxury valet service, at the property’s most active entrance. Also planned for this phase are two-story storefronts and exterior-facing retail buildings at the south entrance, and a porte cochere that will incorporate up to five destination restaurants.

more mixed-use elements at Scottsdale Fashion Square on a seven-acre parcel immediately north of the mall that reaches from Goldwater Boulevard to Scottsdale Road. The plan will incorporate high-end residential units, class A office space and hospitality uses. As has been experienced at other Macerich properties, the addition of these complementary uses increases the customer base and sales potential for retailers at the property.

https://azbigmedia.com/lifestyle/sco...ng-renovation/

Old 01-13-2023, 02:25 PM

Quote:
This is from the link below from October of last year. The next phase of the property’s multi-dimensional project announced today will update and redefine the south wing anchored by Nordstrom. Scottsdale Fashion Square will extend its luxury presentation beyond the luxury wing itself, creating a striking arrival point, complete with luxury valet service, at the property’s most active entrance. Also planned for this phase are two-story storefronts and exterior-facing retail buildings at the south entrance, and a porte cochere that will incorporate up to five destination restaurants.

more mixed-use elements at Scottsdale Fashion Square on a seven-acre parcel immediately north of the mall that reaches from Goldwater Boulevard to Scottsdale Road. The plan will incorporate high-end residential units, class A office space and hospitality uses. As has been experienced at other Macerich properties, the addition of these complementary uses increases the customer base and sales potential for retailers at the property.

https://azbigmedia.com/lifestyle/sco...ng-renovation/
Thanks for the link. That is part of the Hermès addition I believe.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the link. That is part of the Hermès addition I believe.
Got it, you probably know more than me about the mall developments. I'm interested to see what the Cesars hotel impact is, once completed next year. I know it's not part of the mall per se but I'd expect a next door luxury destination hotel like this will only further increase the demand for additional high end shopping at SFS.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Got it, you probably know more than me about the mall developments. I'm interested to see what the Cesars hotel impact is, once completed next year. I know it's not part of the mall per se but I'd expect a next door luxury destination hotel like this will only further increase the demand for additional high end shopping at SFS.
Yes, that will be interesting. It looks as though it will be a nice property too.

I agree about the additional demand, but the mall is pretty full right now. They would likely have to move some retailers to accommodate anything new, but I have a feeling that's what the remodel is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City