Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2020, 10:43 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,699,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Boston has all five but I don’t think it has Bugatti.
Same with Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 10:49 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,311,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
It's crazy that the Miami metro has 2 out of the 5. There's also a Bugatti dealership right outside Downtown Miami and one in Broward too.
Wait Miami only has two out of the 5? I am confused by your post. I would think Miami would have all 5.

I did not add Bugatti because it's sales volume is literally less than 50 or so cars a year in the USA. Whereas the other brands mentioned above have much larger and more measurable volumes.

Old 12-03-2020, 10:57 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Houston has all 5 and Bugatti
same for the bay.

Old 12-03-2020, 10:59 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
The Graff boutiques in NY and SF have the same exterior aesthetic and Chicago and Palm Beach have the same looking exterior. That's interesting. Their only mall location is at Bal Harbour. Im surprised SoCal doesnt have one. Leviev is only in New York and Moscow.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:01 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,311,783 times
Philadelphia has all 5.

Algar Ferrari on The Main Line, I believe is the top 5 highest in sales volume in the USA.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:04 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
Makes sense with those limited number of cars to exclude...if I can be allowed to name drop for a second, there’s a gentleman I know (acquaintance, not friend) from the restaurant/bar located in the hotel/residences that my gym is also part of who has 2 Bugatti’s ($7M worth from those 2 cars alone) plus a Lambo and likely another 1 or 2 other vehicles I am not aware of. Owns a telecommunications company. Obviously serious, serious bank if you can drop that amount just on cars. Down to earth guy who doesn’t flaunt it and loves talking sports, even with a lowlife like me—only reason I know these belong to him are because I have seen them parked at valet and the attendant passed along who owned the vehicles after noticing me admiring them. Would love to have his problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Wait Miami only has two out of the 5? I am confused by your post. I would think Miami would have all 5.

I did not add Bugatti because it's sales volume is literally less than 50 or so cars a year in the USA. Whereas the other brands mentioned above have much larger and more measurable volumes.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:14 AM

1,803 posts, read 934,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
How would you rank the cities with the best high end shopping? My take.

1. NYC - No question here. They're home to the flagship of just about all big brands.

2. LA - Second only to NYC. Destinations like Beverly Hills and South Coast Plaza.

3. Miami
4. Vegas - These two are obvious after NYC and LA.

5. Chicago - Has been quiet as of late in attracting new brands, but it's history makes it just round the top 5

6-8 - Houston, Dallas, San Francisco - Close call between there, can make the case for either. All have destinations and carry most of the boutiques you'll find. Houston and Dallas aren't particularly known for being shopping destinations, but both are severely underrated shopping cities with most of the boutiques you'll find there.

9-11. Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta - One would think of Boston being higher here, but they lack so many brands as compared all the cities listed above. My theory is being so close to NYC, and the shopping capital of the world. Still, enough going to be top 10.

Honorable mention: Aspen. For a small town that relies fully on tourism, their high end shopping scene has a lot to say.

Note: These are shopping cities, not fashion impact. The terms seem to be confused often. Atlanta would be much higher here, were that what was being ranked.
Most will acknowledge your list as fair. Not sure what attracting - new brands actually means? I noted a couple years when Chicago secured a Dior and Versace downtown. So far it is keeping its Neiman Marcus where it owns its own stand-alone building built in the early 2000s.

Philadelphia also has the hype-able KOP/Main Line Shopping mecca just outside the city. San Francisco clearly has its downtown offerings where I give EXTRA-Points to cities that have their offerings in a more traditional Core. That is just me.

Vegas and Miami that gets a hype with Miami Beach and Both extremely Tourist necessary to maintain its shopping. Is a bit less traditional and about locals and how well it can support them on its own. That loses some points for me. Still they are what they are and the stores there are there.....

Another plus is having still the department Flagship stores that are a dying breed. Any place can have the small boutiques. Not many will ever have a new Flagship Department store built again? I still find it crazy that NYC's Hudson Yards lost its brand-new Neiman Markus store. Being just leased was a huge reason going though Bankruptcy.....

Old 12-03-2020, 11:18 AM

626 posts, read 463,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post

There's 5 Graff locations that aren't in a Saks and 4 that are. The 5 that aren't are in NYC, SF, Chicago, Bal Harbour and Palm Beach.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:24 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
See y'all measure shopping on how many flagship stores or whatever the case may be.

I measure to see if the local downtown stores and the TJ Maxx sell The Good name brands for cheap.

And if the local apparel is well priced at high quality. Win win. I won't be shopping regularly at flagships. But hey to each their own.

I found Orlando has the best clothes. Thanks to the top tier outlets.

Miami, Washington DC Area and New Jersey are also great.

Old 12-03-2020, 11:32 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,699,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
See y'all measure shopping on how many flagship stores or whatever the case may be.

I measure to see if the local downtown stores and the TJ Maxx sell The Good name brands for cheap.

And if the local apparel is well priced at high quality. Win win. I won't be shopping regularly at flagships. But hey to each their own.

I found Orlando has the best clothes. Thanks to the top tier outlets.

Miami, Washington DC Area and New Jersey are also great.
Cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City