Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2023, 09:22 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

Versace coming to King of Prussia.

These megamalls are still full steam ahead with attracting luxury designers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2023, 02:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Versace coming to King of Prussia.

These megamalls are still full steam ahead with attracting luxury designers.
They’re on fire since the pandemic.

Old 04-09-2023, 12:23 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,046 times
No other city metro does Luxury and high end like Los Angeles when you include OC.

Old 04-09-2023, 12:36 AM

496 posts, read 350,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Clover View Post
No other city metro does Luxury and high end like Los Angeles when you include OC.
Are you sure??

NYC Metro has Americana Manhasset, The Mall at Short Hills, The Westchester, Garden State Plaza, Riverside Square, American Dream, Roosevelt Field...

These are all malls with luxury brands. Manhasset especially is luxury only and Short Hills is mostly luxury...

Greenwich, CT and Princeton, NJ also have standalone Hermès stores...

not to mention numerous Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Bloomingdale's here and there...

Old 04-09-2023, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
Are you sure??

NYC Metro has Americana Manhasset, The Mall at Short Hills, The Westchester, Garden State Plaza, Riverside Square, American Dream, Roosevelt Field...

These are all malls with luxury brands. Manhasset especially is luxury only and Short Hills is mostly luxury...

Greenwich, CT and Princeton, NJ also have standalone Hermès stores...

not to mention numerous Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Bloomingdale's here and there...
On the topic of fashion and designer stores, yes I agree - NY is second to none. But from a luxury lifestyle point of view. I think what you find in Southern California between the expensive brands of cars and clothes and sheer number of mansions between LA and OC counties - the overall luxury and high end scene is hard to beat by anywhere else in this country.

Old 04-09-2023, 09:48 AM

176 posts, read 174,578 times
Quote:
On the topic of fashion and designer stores, yes I agree - NY is second to none. But from a luxury lifestyle point of view. I think what you find in Southern California between the expensive brands of cars and clothes and sheer number of mansions between LA and OC counties - the overall luxury and high end scene is hard to beat by anywhere else in this country.
Pound for pound South Florida punches way above its weight and gives at least SoCal a run for its money, and quite possibly beats it in some ways.

Old 04-09-2023, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobchbud1 View Post
Pound for pound South Florida punches way above its weight and gives at least SoCal a run for its money, and quite possibly beats it in some ways.
The only thing I’d give South FL in terms of luxury over SoCal is Yachts. A lot of them are of course people visiting as well.

But in all the other things I mentioned, no. There’s a reason Southern California has more money than places like South Florida. I’ve been to South FL many times and I have a buddy out there that runs an exotic car rental service. A lot of the cars you see on the road are rented for a period of time. The super cars you see in OC aren’t rented, you can’t afford to live a lifestyle in SoCal of appearing to be a certain way - it’s not feasible for people who don’t actually have the means to do it with how expensive it is in all the wealthy pocketed areas.

Old 04-09-2023, 11:46 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Quote:
The only thing I’d give South FL in terms of luxury over SoCal is Yachts. A lot of them are of course people visiting as well.

But in all the other things I mentioned, no. There’s a reason Southern California has more money than places like South Florida. I’ve been to South FL many times and I have a buddy out there that runs an exotic car rental service. A lot of the cars you see on the road are rented for a period of time. The super cars you see in OC aren’t rented, you can’t afford to live a lifestyle in SoCal of appearing to be a certain way - it’s not feasible for people who don’t actually have the means to do it with how expensive it is in all the wealthy pocketed areas.
Define “a lot” and how you were able to determine whether a luxury car was owned or rented...you mean the people who actually live on Miami Beach (along with its numerous residential barrier islands), Coral Gables (including its residential waterfront communities), mainland Miami (Brickell, Grove, Pinecrest, etc), Bal Harbour, (and I’ve not even touched upon Palm Beach and Broward counties) like “a lot” of tourists are renting their exotic cars?….and touristy areas of Beverly Hills and Newport Beach do not have exotic car rental companies?….( I lived in SoCal for 30 years, not just visited)…..or, perhaps, you wish to rephrase and use the term “some”, as in minority of exotic cars on the road. Are “a lot” of people in Berluti, Brioni, Graff, Richard Mille, etc stores renting clothes and jewelry also?

I do agree with your yacht comment.

Last edited by elchevere; 04-09-2023 at 12:12 PM..

Old 04-09-2023, 12:30 PM

176 posts, read 174,578 times
Quote:

I was talking about pound for pound, and as I recall that the luxury stores numbers list for the metro areas that was updated occasionally had South Florida at #3 behind NY and SocCal only by a little bit.

There are definitely more 5 star hotels down here, and I'm pretty sure there are more ultra luxury condos and buildings.

Old 04-17-2023, 04:27 PM

44 posts, read 29,346 times
Officine Générale commences US expansion with stores in LA, New York and San Francisco

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/offi...050000485.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City