Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2023, 08:41 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
Raffles hotel brand opening first location in North America in Boston 9/1. Not shopping but thought it might be relevant.
IWC schafhaudsen, panerai, a Lange sohn, vacheron constantin have all opened/opening on newbury st Boston
VC must be in expansion mode. They are building out a location at Highland Park Village in Dallas as well. And not surprisingly right by the Panerai store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2023, 09:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
VC must be in expansion mode. They are building out a location at Highland Park Village in Dallas as well. And not surprisingly right by the Panerai store.
VC opened a boutique in Houston on Post Oak blvd in November of last year.

Any news on the Prada in Austin?

Old 08-21-2023, 09:32 PM

18,456 posts, read 15,236,363 times
East Hampton, NY is hardly "a city", but in just two blocks it packs in just about every major high end boutique.

Cucinelli, Lori Piana, Chanel, LV, Gucci, Prada, Loewe, Celine, Valentino, Oliver Peoples, Jimmy Choo, and a bunch of others that aren't coming to mind right now.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:12 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
VC opened a boutique in Houston on Post Oak blvd in November of last year.

Any news on the Prada in Austin?
Is the VC store a part of Zadok Jewelers like IWC?

Old 08-21-2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Is the VC store a part of Zadok Jewelers like IWC?
Yes and no. It’s in the Zadok building has a few street level spaces for stand alone boutiques. But its an independent store (like IWC is)

IWC
Jager Lecoultre
A. Lange & Sohne
VC

These 4 full service boutiques leased and operated by the stores as their own individual spaces. The rest are operated by Zadok

https://jhvonline.com/zadok-jewelers...p29009-108.htm

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 08-21-2023 at 10:43 PM..

Old 08-22-2023, 09:47 AM

254 posts, read 113,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes. Last month I got an alert from my bank-someone stole my card info from a gas station pump in the Bay Area and then spent $200 at a Hawaiian BBQ place in Bakersfield. I probably wouldnt have even noticed it if the bank wasnt quick to flag it and lock my card.
It’s happen to me once as well. Its so annoying. I’m more worried about that than smash and grabs because white collar crimes in retail far outweigh smash and grabs. Not to mention employee theft. So pookie and Ray Ray doing a smash and Gran is no different than Peter and Paul sitting at home using your credit card information to steal the same items.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:12 AM

18,456 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
It’s happen to me once as well. Its so annoying. I’m more worried about that than smash and grabs because white collar crimes in retail far outweigh smash and grabs. Not to mention employee theft. So pookie and Ray Ray doing a smash and Gran is no different than Peter and Paul sitting at home using your credit card information to steal the same items.
Not really a contest though. They all make the world a worse place than it would otherwise be if they didn’t exist.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:51 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
It's a little more than Pookie and Ray Ray. The most recent smash and grab at a Nordstrom in Woodland Hills, CA, involved over 30 people, $400k in stolen goods and tens of thousands in physical store damage.

But agree with AnesthesiaMD, it's not a contest, it's all despicable behavior that ruins nice things for ordinary citizens.

Old 08-25-2023, 07:33 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Opening day for Versace and Canada Goose in King of Prussia.

And Dior scrapped their beauty boutique for a full-line store, opening in the fall.

Old 08-25-2023, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
And Dior scrapped their beauty boutique for a full-line store, opening in the fall.
Same location? I wonder if Chanel’s beauty boutique in Woodlands and Plano are placed to test the market before later deciding to open a full line store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City