Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2023, 09:39 AM

254 posts, read 113,901 times

Advertisements

I would love to see independent luxury Consignment shops as well and see what cities have to offer. In NYC there’s so many ways to shop luxury without having to step foot into big box name brand store like saks Neimans or prada. You can find all types of vintage luxury pieces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2023, 05:05 PM

9,847 posts, read 6,566,773 times
On a recent trip to Atlanta,I went to Phipps plaza and Lennox square. I was not impressed. It’s behind other cities primary malls. Could this be the reason it’s behind Houston/Dallas in attracting brands?

Atlanta as a whole there’s a lot I loved. Not Lennox and Phipps

Old 11-10-2023, 08:43 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
BLVCK Paris appears to be a pretentious street brand for men and wannabe, hoodies, tees and the like, moderately priced from what I can see--anyway, their site shows their locations are in Taiwan & HK with 2 North American stores-SoHo in NYC, and now Valley Fair Mall in San Jose.

https://blvck.com/pages/visit-us

Old 11-18-2023, 06:42 AM

655 posts, read 1,059,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
On a recent trip to Atlanta,I went to Phipps plaza and Lennox square. I was not impressed. It’s behind other cities primary malls. Could this be the reason it’s behind Houston/Dallas in attracting brands?

Atlanta as a whole there’s a lot I loved. Not Lennox and Phipps
Dallas is a high-end shopping mecca, home to Neiman Marcus and several upscale malls. Atlanta holds its weight but there is only one Neimans in the whole city, no flagship dept store. Dallas has stores like Stanley Korshak and in addition to its high-end malls, has Highland Village. Buckhead Village in ATL doesn't come to close.

I'd say Houston Galleria is relatively on par with Atlanta's Lenox and Phipps.

Old 11-18-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
Dallas is a high-end shopping mecca, home to Neiman Marcus and several upscale malls. Atlanta holds its weight but there is only one Neimans in the whole city, no flagship dept store. Dallas has stores like Stanley Korshak and in addition to its high-end malls, has Highland Village. Buckhead Village in ATL doesn't come to close.

I'd say Houston Galleria is relatively on par with Atlanta's Lenox and Phipps.
The Galleria is definitely superior to Lennox and Phipps. Not close by any means. On paper, the Galleria gets a lot more high end shopping revenue. And after actually having visited Lennox and Phipps, it’s not hard to see why. I expected more out of Lennox/Phipps.

The one redeeming quality Lennox had in comparison to The Galleria and NorthPark is its access to transit. But the actual mall? Heck no absolutely not

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 11-18-2023 at 08:59 AM..

Old 11-18-2023, 11:22 AM

1,029 posts, read 561,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
2023 Global Wealth and Lifestyle Report is out with NYC and Miami among the top 10 in the world:

https://www.juliusbaer.com/fileadmin...eport_2023.pdf

" Our findings show that the world is on the move again, the thirst for travel, experiences, and luxury goods has risen significantly, and people are consistently spending more.

I’ve been saying for years the future will be in Asia-Pacific region. This list confirmed further.

I just spent the last two months in Asia: Taipei (my birth place, ranks No.8 globally on the list.) HK, Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Manila. My Mom’s live-in housekeeper/nurse/caregiver is from a well-off family in Jakarta. The wealth there, the urbanism of their cities, and the more “conformed” culture (also related to the urbanism) that creates a code of the need to be more presentable and “put together” image as a social courtesy and a manner to garner respect.-explained partially the demand for luxury and higher quality products.

The iconic Hôtel de Crillon and Carlyle in NYC have been purchased by Rosewood Group in HK for years. I actually quite admire the Cheng family in HK who owns Rosewood. Their children (Adrian & Sonia Cheng, Adrian in particular is someone I look up to.) are low-key, well-rounded and socially conscious people who aren’t just eyeing for making money and exploiting the capitalism. They push for art/creativity & commerce connection along with very high tech-driven projects, which Adrian Cheng coined as CTF: Culture, Technology, Social Innovation.-not your typical tabloid fixtures of the ultra wealthy offsprings with sex, drugs and Rick n roll.

Last edited by achtung baby; 11-18-2023 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: Typos

Old 11-19-2023, 11:03 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The Galleria is definitely superior to Lennox and Phipps. Not close by any means. On paper, the Galleria gets a lot more high end shopping revenue. And after actually having visited Lennox and Phipps, it’s not hard to see why. I expected more out of Lennox/Phipps.

The one redeeming quality Lennox had in comparison to The Galleria and NorthPark is its access to transit. But the actual mall? Heck no absolutely not
I wish Buckhead Village wasn't losing luxury brands to the nearby malls. But at least Buckhead Village is still attracting some nice new retailers like Le Labo, Veronica Beard, Rag & Bone, and Interior Define.

An outdoor shopping plaza/ main street setup always feels cooler than a mall.

Old 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I wish Buckhead Village wasn't losing luxury brands to the nearby malls. But at least Buckhead Village is still attracting some nice new retailers like Le Labo, Veronica Beard, Rag & Bone, and Interior Define.

An outdoor shopping plaza/ main street setup always feels cooler than a mall.
Yeah. I think Buckhead has the potential to be better than ROD and HPV. It certainly integrates to its surrounding neighborhood better than River Oaks District, Highland Padk Village and the Miami Design District. On a side note, I wonder if that’s why it hasn’t been as successful as the others in obtaining big name tenants.

Old 11-19-2023, 06:37 PM

484 posts, read 871,046 times
Paris fashion house Maison Kitsune opens its 4th cafe location in North America, Cafe Kitsune, in Silver Lake, Los Angeles, with the others being in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Vancouver. https://us.fashionnetwork.com/news/M...s,1575563.html. In North America, they have 4 existing store boutiques, in NYC (2), LA (1), and Vancouver (1).

Old 11-19-2023, 06:53 PM

1,029 posts, read 561,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykem View Post
Paris fashion house Maison Kitsune opens its 4th cafe location in North America, Cafe Kitsune, in Silver Lake, Los Angeles, with the others being in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Vancouver. https://us.fashionnetwork.com/news/M...s,1575563.html. In North America, they have 4 existing store boutiques, in NYC (2), LA (1), and Vancouver (1).
This is freaky because I literally am on their website reading exactly the same info you posted now, and buying a vertical stripe bag as I type.

Maison Kitsune already has many stores & cafe in Tokyo, Taipei, Seoul, HK and Bangkok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City