Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2021, 11:39 AM

9,893 posts, read 6,595,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I've thought the same. But it's not really a flashy city is it?
I mean. It’s flashier than Houston and Dallas. Or atleast as flashy. I think it all boils down to wealth. Atlanta is flashier than these three but it’s behind as well. To sustainably keep clients at many of these retailers, the demographic is pretty niche and wealth is what really drives them there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 11:41 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I mean. It’s flashier than Houston and Dallas. Or atleast as flashy. I think it all boils down to wealth. Atlanta is flashier than these three but it’s behind as well. To sustainably keep clients at many of these retailers, the demographic is pretty niche and wealth is what really drives them there.
DC?? No...

DC is wealthier than every city on this list btw.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:47 AM

A lot of times, there’s also a market but no where to put them. I know DC has been growing fast as of late so they’ve probably renovated or opened something up there recently. and there may have previously been a lack of suitable location.

Your Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Versace etc will be everywhere. The difference makers are the more exclusive ones such as Moncler and La Perla. For some reason Prada even seems a bit exclusive despite being as big as it is.

And in all honesty, proximity to New York seems to hurt the entire Northeastern Megalopolis. I’m sure Boston and DC would be higher if NYC wasn’t there and all other things remained the same.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
A lot of times, there’s also a market but no where to put them. I know DC has been growing fast as of late so they’ve probably renovated or opened something up there recently. and there may have previously been a lack of suitable location.

Your Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Versace etc will be everywhere. The difference makers are the more exclusive ones such as Moncler and La Perla. For some reason Prada even seems a bit exclusive despite being as big as it is.

And in all honesty, proximity to New York seems to hurt the entire Northeastern Megalopolis. I’m sure Boston and DC would be higher if NYC wasn’t there and all other things remained the same.
Yes. but also there's less vacant real estate and land in these cities compared to Houston or Dallas. whats around is expensive and often pretty old. For all that might as well go to NYC.

DC is not a great shopping city despite its 32. Too disjointed in its physical shopping landscape. Better for dining.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Yes. but also there's less vacant real estate and land in these cities compared to Houston or Dallas. whats around is expensive and often pretty old. For all that might as well go to NYC.

DC is not a great shopping city despite its 32. Too disjointed in its physical shopping landscape. Better for dining.
I’ve never personally went shopping in DC. I’ve been to DC, just haven’t checked out their stores. But it seems to me that Virginia’s part of the DC metro has been revamping their developments to suit more retailers. I could be wrong, this is just what it looks like from a distance.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I’ve never personally went shopping in DC. I’ve been to DC, just haven’t checked out their stores. But it seems to me that Virginia’s part of the DC metro has been revamping their developments to suit more retailers. I could be wrong, this is just what it looks like from a distance.
Its not fun, not a big thing there relative to Boston. Brunch fills in for shopping...sorta

Old 07-12-2021, 06:06 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeternaII View Post
DC seems to punch below its weight of the huge cities. I wonder what the reason is?
This list doesn't take into account the numbers of stores of the same brand into the totals, that would bump DC a bit because there are numerous shopping locations. Overall though it's not a top 5 high-end fashion center. You can get what you want there no doubt, but I'd say 7,8,9 range is about right for "high-end" fashion. Mid tier fashion or upper mid-level fashion would be an entirely different story.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:12 PM

Damn Philly..but also that makes sense.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
This list doesn't take into account the numbers of stores of the same brand into the totals, that would bump DC a bit because there are numerous shopping locations. Overall though it's not a top 5 high-end fashion center. You can get what you want there no doubt, but I'd say 7,8,9 range is about right for "high-end" fashion. Mid tier fashion or upper mid-level fashion would be an entirely different story.
Cities with multiples of the same brand were noted actually

Old 07-12-2021, 07:57 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Cities with multiples of the same brand were noted actually
Right they were, but not as a part of the totals for each city by my count. The total reflects each individual brand per city/metro. For example DC's total would have been at least 39 with additional locations per store being counted, and so on, and so forth for each other city with multiple locations of each high end store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City