Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 06:51 AM

9,855 posts, read 6,566,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
The following brand-new stores have opened at City Center DC downtown:

1. Akris
2. Breitling
3. Brioni
4. Brunello Cucinelli
5. Chanel
6. Giorgio Armani

Some of these opened in the summer so they may already be on the DC list.
Very nice. It’s hot right now. I would love to visit it sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2021, 07:42 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
And Marc Jacobs just opened in KoP. Too bad Center City Philadelphia doesn't get any love.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:46 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,800,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
And Marc Jacobs just opened in KoP. Too bad Center City Philadelphia doesn't get any love.
Maybe the people making the decisions are seeing something that you are missing. Gotta think why certain stores end up where they end up

Old 12-02-2021, 08:03 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Maybe the people making the decisions are seeing something that you are missing. Gotta think why certain stores end up where they end up
O I know why. I just meant it stinks.

More wealth near KoP, safer, lower rent, higher sales, more cachet, success breeds success, etc.

But I also think retailers overlook Center City and maybe don't bother to review new stats and trends and just opt for KoP. But maybe in the mid 2020s things will turn around as the city rebounds with new residents, office workers, tourists, etc.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
O I know why. I just meant it stinks.

More wealth near KoP, safer, lower rent, higher sales, more cachet, success breeds success, etc.

But I also think retailers overlook Center City and maybe don't bother to review new stats and trends and just opt for KoP. But maybe in the mid 2020s things will turn around as the city rebounds with new residents, office workers, tourists, etc.
I know. They are very risk adverse.
Very finicky industry.
They go with what they know.

Old 12-24-2021, 11:16 AM

133 posts, read 95,102 times
The highest grossing sales per square foot shopping mall in the entire world is getting a new $550 million dollar expansion/renovation in Bal Harbour.

The beautiful Bal Harbour outdoor shopping mall and the also beautiful Aventura Mall right up the street in Aventura is becoming quite the one-two punch in northern Miami-Dade County.

The Aventura Mall is already the 5th largest mall in the U.S., and for my money is overall the most luxurious of the largest 5. (and is more luxurious than pretty much all of the largest malls in the U.S., heck that goes for any size mall as well.) The amount of beautiful people in that place alone is pretty much unmatched in the U.S. and always makes my shopping Adventure effortlessly awesome.

The 2nd largest mall in the U.S., The American Dream Mall New Jersey, isn't even that much bigger than 5th ranked Aventura either at 3.0 million square feet to 2.7 million square feet.

The Sawgrass Mills Malls (2.2 million square feet) right up the way in Broward County is the 10th largest mall in the U.S. and has the highest annual total sales in the entire U.S. at $1.8 billion. The Aventura Mall ranked 4th with $1.3 billion. The Mall of America ranked 7th.

Sawgrass Mills also just went through a huge expansion/renovation last year (I couldn't find the total cost) and Aventura went through a pretty big $214 million dollar one in 2017.

And those sales numbers were even from before the whole pandemic. South Florida has blasted into space since then.

The amount of all these different kinds of really luxurious places seemingly everywhere around South Florida is simply incredible.

This Luxury Shopping Mecca in Florida Is About to Become Even More of a Dream With a $550M Renovation

"The renovation will nearly double the Shops' current space."

https://www.travelandleisure.com/sty...iami-expansion

"Aventura Mall, near Miami, isn’t shy about investing in its infrastructure and is widely considered one of the most successful malls in the country."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/b...rtainment.html

The 10 most valuable malls in America before the coronavirus pandemic

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/03/the-...-pandemic.html

List of largest shopping malls in the United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

"American Dream Miami is a proposed megamall and entertainment complex intended for Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. If built, it will become the largest shopping mall in the nation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream_Miami

Last edited by Harbits; 12-24-2021 at 12:42 PM..

Old 12-24-2021, 11:44 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,043,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbits View Post

The 2nd largest mall in the U.S., The American Dream Mall New Jersey, isn't even that much bigger than 5th ranked Aventura either at 3.0 million square feet to 2.7 million square feet.

A perhaps relevant note, perhaps not:

Both the Mall of America and the American Dream Mall have indoor amusement parks that account for a good fraction of their total space.

I'm pretty sure that the King of Prussia mall outside Philadelphia has more actual retail selling space than the Mall of America — or rather, did before that mall expanded — and more than the American Dream mall too.

King of Prussia, however, is a something-for-everyone mall: you find both Jimmy Choo and Primark in it.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:44 PM

8,608 posts, read 10,139,218 times
Was the "Best cities for high end shopping destinations 2021" ever posted?

Old 12-25-2021, 07:56 PM

I don't think we need one every year.
I know much has changed since last year but didn't mean we need a new thread so soon.

Maybe every 10 years

Old 12-26-2021, 10:06 AM

8,608 posts, read 10,139,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I don't think we need one every year.
I know much has changed since last year but didn't mean we need a new thread so soon.

Maybe every 10 years
I wasn't speaking about a new thread, but I thought people were giving updates so that there would be an update. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City