Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 07:37 AM

13,620 posts, read 7,936,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Former state capitols(yes, I'm borrowing a page from that idea of comparison, that I did in that other thread): Kingston, TN, or Zanesville, OH?
Kingston offers boating opportunities and a nice waterside setting. There's an historic fort, but it doesn't look like there's much else. It really doesn't even have a substantial downtown, despite being a county seat.

Zanesville is a much bigger city compared to Kingston. It seems to be a bit artsy as there are several small art museums and galleries which is not what I'd expect in a town of its size.

I'll take my chances on Zanesville.

Tangier Island, Virginia or Ocracoke, North Carolina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 10:19 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Kingston offers boating opportunities and a nice waterside setting. There's an historic fort, but it doesn't look like there's much else. It really doesn't even have a substantial downtown, despite being a county seat.

Zanesville is a much bigger city compared to Kingston. It seems to be a bit artsy as there are several small art museums and galleries which is not what I'd expect in a town of its size.

I'll take my chances on Zanesville.

Tangier Island, Virginia or Ocracoke, North Carolina?
Ocracoke to hopefully see the wild horses that live there. Dallas Zoo or Ft.Worth. Zoo?

Old 02-21-2022, 04:10 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Ocracoke to hopefully see the wild horses that live there. Dallas Zoo or Ft.Worth. Zoo?
I'd go with the Ft. Worth Zoo, since per researching this place and looking over pics, that zoo feels a little more intimate and up close vs. the one in Dallas. And I don't need bells and whistles like a monorail(which the Dallas Zoo has), to enjoy it.

Back to the subject of former state capitols. Anyway: Washington, AR, or Guthrie, OK?

Old 02-22-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Back to the subject of former state capitols. Anyway: Washington, AR, or Guthrie, OK?
I'd visit Guthrie. It's a much more substantial town and has a pretty nice looking downtown. The Oklahoma Territorial Museum looks interesting as well.

Arkansas or West Virginia?

Old 02-23-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I'd visit Guthrie. It's a much more substantial town and has a pretty nice looking downtown. The Oklahoma Territorial Museum looks interesting as well.

Arkansas or West Virginia?
West Virginia since I've never been there. National Park battle: Yellowstone in MT/WY or Great Smokey Mountains in TN/NC?

Old 02-24-2022, 12:08 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times
Quote:
West Virginia since I've never been there.
National Park battle: Yellowstone in MT/WY or Great Smokey Mountains in TN/NC?
Ah, that one isn't fair: Yellowstone is perhaps the 'richest' national park in the whole country.
It has the geyers (many of them) and the colorful thermal pools, the Yellowstone River
(with its own mini-Grand Canyon and stately waterfalls, wildlife (notably buffalo),
and also the gorgeous mountain scenery around the Northeast Entrance.

Lassen National Park or Crater Lake National Park?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Lassen National Park or Crater Lake National Park?
Lassen because I've always wanted to visit California, and the volcanic scenery seems a bit more dramatic than Crater Lake. That said, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to visit Crater Lake.

Ottawa or Mexico City?

Old 02-28-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Lassen because I've always wanted to visit California, and the volcanic scenery seems a bit more dramatic than Crater Lake. That said, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to visit Crater Lake.

Ottawa or Mexico City?
Mexico City. Not saying Ottawa isn't interesting but I've always wanted to visit MC. Ft. Lauderdale FL or Oceanside CA?

Old 03-04-2022, 04:41 PM

4,606 posts, read 3,000,886 times
Quote:

Ft. Lauderdale FL or Oceanside CA?

If I'd be permitted a side trip to the Everglades, I'd choose Ft Lauderdale.
If not, Oceanside... CA landscapes are more interesting to me... FL is just so flat.
Plus, there are some cute little coastal towns just south of Oceanside.

Redwood National Park or Sequoia National Park?

Old 03-05-2022, 07:17 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,954,550 times
High gas prices and loosening pandemic restrictions are making me want to prefer city vacations (especially with CA's prices), but there's nothing like the beauty of the largest trees in the world, so Redwood is my choice.

The Villages, FL or Sun City, AZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City