Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 02:48 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Been to both, Charleston has better beaches but I prefer Savannah as a city and would go back there again. I loved the historical fabric set below the tree canopies and IMO a bit friendlier than Charleston.

Harpers Ferry, WV or Gettysburg, PA
Probably Gettysburg. Would be interesting. Ft. Myers FL or Brownsville TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 07:16 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Ft. Myers FL or Brownsville TX?
I'd rather visit Brownsville. SW Florida is my least favorite part of the state. Although the beaches are nice, there's not much else of interest and the scenery is very bland. I've never been to South Texas and would be interested to check out the border region.

Dallas or Kansas City?

Old 04-12-2022, 09:26 AM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd rather visit Brownsville. SW Florida is my least favorite part of the state. Although the beaches are nice, there's not much else of interest and the scenery is very bland. I've never been to South Texas and would be interested to check out the border region.

Dallas or Kansas City?
I think I'd be a little more interested in KC, for whatever reason myself. Maybe lol it's the BBQ I've long heard others talk about, or the museums there? Although I'd have nothing against visiting Dallas, myself.

Providence, RI, or Hartford, CT?

Old 04-13-2022, 07:40 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Providence, RI, or Hartford, CT?
Providence. To me, it's a much more interesting city with so many great neighborhoods, and has a lot of character and history.

I've never been to Hartford, but I get the impression that its neighborhoods are run down and its commercial areas are corporate and sterile.

Macon, Georgia or Shoals Region (Muscle Shoals/Tuscumbia/Sheffield), Alabama?

Old 04-13-2022, 09:10 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Providence. To me, it's a much more interesting city with so many great neighborhoods, and has a lot of character and history.

I've never been to Hartford, but I get the impression that its neighborhoods are run down and its commercial areas are corporate and sterile.

Macon, Georgia or Shoals Region (Muscle Shoals/Tuscumbia/Sheffield), Alabama?
Muscle Shoals Region. Birmingham AL or Louisville KY?

Old 04-13-2022, 09:23 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Muscle Shoals Region. Birmingham AL or Louisville KY?
Louisville. Louisville has more unique things to do. I'd like to visit some of their museums and art centers. The Highlands and Bardstown Rd. areas are neat and have probably changed since I was there last.

Palo Alto, CA or Chelsea, MA?

Old 04-14-2022, 07:27 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Louisville. Louisville has more unique things to do. I'd like to visit some of their museums and art centers. The Highlands and Bardstown Rd. areas are neat and have probably changed since I was there last.

Palo Alto, CA or Chelsea, MA?
Palo Alto, it's wealthy and a college town with fair weather. Chelsea is more or less an extended neighborhood of Boston, so if you're going to Chelsea, you're really going to Boston. But why would anyone pick Chelsea? It's rough around the edges, not very exciting for dining options, and not a lot to do. East Boston or Revere would have better options. Palo Alto is far enough outside of SF along with the Stanford campus to have its own identity apart from SF.

Halifax, Nova Scotia or St. John's, Newfoundland?

Old 04-14-2022, 05:46 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Palo Alto, it's wealthy and a college town with fair weather. Chelsea is more or less an extended neighborhood of Boston, so if you're going to Chelsea, you're really going to Boston. But why would anyone pick Chelsea? It's rough around the edges, not very exciting for dining options, and not a lot to do. East Boston or Revere would have better options. Palo Alto is far enough outside of SF along with the Stanford campus to have its own identity apart from SF.

Halifax, Nova Scotia or St. John's, Newfoundland?
I guess I'd go with Saint John's? I have this feeling it'd be less touristy and more unique to visit, vs. Halifax. Although I don't think either city, would be bad to visit.

Different parts of the Michigan Upper Peninsula: Houghton, or Munising?

Old 04-15-2022, 02:44 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I guess I'd go with Saint John's? I have this feeling it'd be less touristy and more unique to visit, vs. Halifax. Although I don't think either city, would be bad to visit.

Different parts of the Michigan Upper Peninsula: Houghton, or Munising?
While I know a little about Michigan having lived in the Petoskey area for a year, I'm not too familiar with the UP. From what I gather via pictures, though, Munising looks pretty similar to the Petoskey area, or at least more so than Houghton which looks a bit more industrial. For this reason, I'd probably choose Munising to vacation as I love the scenic nature and look of the area.

Honolulu, HI vs. Miami, FL?

Old 04-15-2022, 06:34 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,999,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While I know a little about Michigan having lived in the Petoskey area for a year, I'm not too familiar with the UP. From what I gather via pictures, though, Munising looks pretty similar to the Petoskey area, or at least more so than Houghton which looks a bit more industrial. For this reason, I'd probably choose Munising to vacation as I love the scenic nature and look of the area.

Honolulu, HI vs. Miami, FL?

Oh my, Honolulu!
www.google.com/maps/@21.3766379,-157.8500491,3a,75y,143.27h,79.88t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipOb4SnDcbhojbwKsmP0Pl-32VPKdPJ8CUlMArGk!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.goog leusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOb4SnDcbhojbwKsmP0Pl-32VPKdPJ8CUlMArGk%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya168.74599-ro0-fo100!7i4096!8i2048

Maine or Idaho?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City