Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2022, 05:38 PM

754 posts, read 569,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Portland Maine. I have always wanted to visit there, and one of these days I will. Seems like a bustling city for its size, with a nice and walkable downtown area. Plus I imagine Maine is gorgeous in late September, early fall.

Houston or Detroit.
Houston. Both cities seem to be interesting to visit (I've been to a majority of major U.S. Cities). Detroit does have an interesting history & African-American culture, but I'll go with Houston as I feel it has more diversity and better growth. I've never been to either state, but I'm more inclined to see what Texas has to offer, as it would be more of a different pace and culture than places I'm used to.

Alexandria, VA or Arlington, VA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 08:47 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Houston. Both cities seem to be interesting to visit (I've been to a majority of major U.S. Cities). Detroit does have an interesting history & African-American culture, but I'll go with Houston as I feel it has more diversity and better growth. I've never been to either state, but I'm more inclined to see what Texas has to offer, as it would be more of a different pace and culture than places I'm used to.

Alexandria, VA or Arlington, VA?
I like how Alexandria's downtown looks like via street viewing it, so that over Arlington. And years ago when I did a trip in the DC area, I remember spending more time in Arlington than Alexandria. Looking back, I kinda wish I'd spent more time seeing Alexandria. Nothing against Arlington, but I wish I had seen Alexandria more than I had myself.

Covington, KY, or Saint Charles, MO?

Old 05-31-2022, 08:51 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Covington, KY, or Saint Charles, MO?
I visited both St. Louis and Cincinnati last summer, including Covington. I liked Covington a lot and got to see a good bit of the city. I didn't make it out to St. Charles, so I'd choose it. Plus my wife has a good friend who lives in St. Charles.

Which Styx River would you rather visit (don't worry, Charon is off duty):

Styx River in Baldwin County, Alabama

or

River Styx Park in Medina County, Ohio?

Old 05-31-2022, 01:29 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I visited both St. Louis and Cincinnati last summer, including Covington. I liked Covington a lot and got to see a good bit of the city. I didn't make it out to St. Charles, so I'd choose it. Plus my wife has a good friend who lives in St. Charles.

Which Styx River would you rather visit (don't worry, Charon is off duty):

Styx River in Baldwin County, Alabama

or

River Styx Park in Medina County, Ohio?
Styx River, AL. Big Bend National Park along the Texas/Mexico border or Carlsbad Caverns National Park near Carlsbad NM?

Old 05-31-2022, 02:03 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Styx River, AL. Big Bend National Park along the Texas/Mexico border or Carlsbad Caverns National Park near Carlsbad NM?
I've heard good things about Big Bend and I'd like to check it out. But I find caverns to be fascinating, and Carlsbad is definitely on my bucket list. Plus, it's likely cooler underground than on the surface. So I'll pick Carlsbad.

Glacier National Park, MT or Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC/TN?

Old 05-31-2022, 06:02 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times
Glacier, way bigger mountains and can hold tons of snow

Zion Nat. Park in Utah or the Grand Canyon in AZ/UT?

Old 06-01-2022, 06:28 AM

754 posts, read 569,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Glacier, way bigger mountains and can hold tons of snow

Zion Nat. Park in Utah or the Grand Canyon in AZ/UT?
Zion National Park, I already visited the Grand Canyon, & I want to see what Utah has to offer.

Yellowstone National Park or Yosemite National Park?

Old 06-01-2022, 08:14 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,281,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Zion National Park, I already visited the Grand Canyon, & I want to see what Utah has to offer.

Yellowstone National Park or Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite. I’m not the biggest fan of Yellowstone actually. It’s not that scenic, but it’s great if you want to see animals. I’ve never been to Yosemite but it looks very nice.

Niagara Falls/Upstate NY or Washington DC

Old 06-02-2022, 01:47 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Yosemite. I’m not the biggest fan of Yellowstone actually. It’s not that scenic, but it’s great if you want to see animals. I’ve never been to Yosemite but it looks very nice.

Niagara Falls/Upstate NY or Washington DC
Washington DC without a doubt! Never been there and always wanted to. Atlantic City or Gulfport/Biloxi MS?

Old 06-03-2022, 12:07 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Washington DC without a doubt! Never been there and always wanted to. Atlantic City or Gulfport/Biloxi MS?
Gulfport, MS. Many interesting attractions and nice beaches.

La Jolla, CA or Clearwater, FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City