Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2023, 01:49 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Sacramento, CA. More interesting surrounding with the wineries and mountains, near Lake Tahoe to. Columbus as a city isn't bad but outside of downtown and OSU there isn't much.

Martha's Vineyard MA or Key West FL?
Martha's Vineyard, because I think it would be interesting to vacation amongst the One Percent. Key West is very much an End of the Line kind of place, with the oddballs that such places tend to attract. It's still an interesting place and worth visiting, but I think I'll go upscale on this one.

Beckley, WV or North Conway, NH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 05:26 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Martha's Vineyard, because I think it would be interesting to vacation amongst the One Percent. Key West is very much an End of the Line kind of place, with the oddballs that such places tend to attract. It's still an interesting place and worth visiting, but I think I'll go upscale on this one.

Beckley, WV or North Conway, NH?
North Conway, since I hadn't been there before unlike Beckley.

Two hall of fame places: Springfield, MA, or Cooperstown, NY?

Old 02-17-2023, 07:17 PM

90 posts, read 55,506 times
“ Lake Tahoe or Yellowstone Park “

Flip a coin and I’m good with either one.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:23 PM

90 posts, read 55,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
North Conway, since I hadn't been there before unlike Beckley.

Two hall of fame places: Springfield, MA, or Cooperstown, NY?
Springfield , MA would be my choice of course. But can’t go wrong with either one.

I see I’m late to the game lol , Lake Tahoe or Yellowstone Park ?

Old 02-18-2023, 06:37 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,952,089 times
Lake Tahoe. It's in a less isolated part of the country, which in addition to the lakefront area, has Reno, as well as other nearby cool towns like Truckee, CA as well as Carson and Virginia City. Yellowstone is prettier pound for pound and has more unique wildlife, but it pretty much shuts down for half of the year due to a colder climate, resulting in an even more crowded peak season. Rental cars are also absurdly expensive near Yellowstone. Yes, it's not far from Big Sky for skiing, but Tahoe has great skiing right in the area.

Since we've had destinations from the Caribbean before,

The Turks and Caicos or St. Lucia?

Old 02-19-2023, 12:29 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Lake Tahoe. It's in a less isolated part of the country, which in addition to the lakefront area, has Reno, as well as other nearby cool towns like Truckee, CA as well as Carson and Virginia City. Yellowstone is prettier pound for pound and has more unique wildlife, but it pretty much shuts down for half of the year due to a colder climate, resulting in an even more crowded peak season. Rental cars are also absurdly expensive near Yellowstone. Yes, it's not far from Big Sky for skiing, but Tahoe has great skiing right in the area.

Since we've had destinations from the Caribbean before,

The Turks and Caicos or St. Lucia?
I guess Turks and Caicos. Cincinnati or Kansas City?

Old 02-21-2023, 07:05 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I guess Turks and Caicos. Cincinnati or Kansas City?
Tough one, but I would probably lean towards Cincinnati. Their downtown and river front seems a little more interesting and historic. Plus over the rhine might be a fun neighborhood to visit.

Grand Canyon or Niagra Falls?

Old 02-21-2023, 07:37 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Tough one, but I would probably lean towards Cincinnati. Their downtown and river front seems a little more interesting and historic. Plus over the rhine might be a fun neighborhood to visit.

Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls?
Been to both. I hiked the Bright Angel Trail, nine miles round trip down into the Canyon then back up. That tested my endurance big time. I'd say that's been checked off the bucket list. It was unforgettable but in Arizona I'd prefer to go to Sedona or Tucson.

I went to Niagara Falls back in the 90's so it's been a minute. I think the US and Canada should have created a bi-national park at the falls before all the tacky development came in (especially on the Ontario side). But I would go back there again and check out Buffalo and Toronto while I was in the area.

Banff NP, Alberta Canada or Crater Lake NP, Oregon?

Old 02-21-2023, 09:16 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Banff NP, Alberta Canada or Crater Lake NP, Oregon?
I'd go with Banff. It's a more iconic place and I believe the scenery is much more dramatic.

Hudson, Florida or Hudson, New York?

Old 02-21-2023, 12:18 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd go with Banff. It's a more iconic place and I believe the scenery is much more dramatic.

Hudson, Florida or Hudson, New York?
I guess it depends a bit on the season, but generally I'd go with Hudson, New York as I found it to be pretty cute and I enjoyed hiking around the area and the view of the river.

Duluth, Minnesota vs Duluth, Georgia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City