Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2023, 09:42 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Shreveport. We used to live an hour and a half away and it’s actually a fair weekend getaway. Celebrated my 21st birthday there as well. Wichita is, well, Wichita. Not terrible but doesn’t have anything I’d consider a vacation-y feel to it at all.

Milwaukee, WI or Cleveland, OH?
Milwaukee due to having more things I like to do. The bar scene looks more fun and it would be nice to explore the various museums and neighborhoods. The downtown also seems more vibrant.

Rochester, NY or Baton Rouge, LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2023, 03:02 AM

754 posts, read 569,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Milwaukee due to having more things I like to do. The bar scene looks more fun and it would be nice to explore the various museums and neighborhoods. The downtown also seems more vibrant.

Rochester, NY or Baton Rouge, LA?
Rochester. I would like to visit an Upstate NY city to see what Upstate NY has to offer. When I went to Niagara Falls, we didn't visit Buffalo, and mostly visited the Canadian side of the falls. I have less interest in visiting Louisiana (Non-New Orleans portion).

Overland Park, KS or Carmel, IN?

Old 03-26-2023, 11:04 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Rochester. I would like to visit an Upstate NY city to see what Upstate NY has to offer. When I went to Niagara Falls, we didn't visit Buffalo, and mostly visited the Canadian side of the falls. I have less interest in visiting Louisiana (Non-New Orleans portion).

Overland Park, KS or Carmel, IN?
Carmel probably for me, since I do like how they've added roundabouts to a lot of intersections. And the bike trails that go through Carmel, seem nice. Nothing against Overland Park, but it seems more typical suburb to me.

Tulsa, OK, or Wichita, KS?

Old 03-26-2023, 06:39 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Carmel probably for me, since I do like how they've added roundabouts to a lot of intersections. And the bike trails that go through Carmel, seem nice. Nothing against Overland Park, but it seems more typical suburb to me.

Tulsa, OK, or Wichita, KS?
Come to Maryland! We have all the roundabouts you could ever want!

I'm going to pick Tulsa because it seems to have a more varied and interesting history. I can't seem to shake my negative impression of the place from reading The Outsiders back in middle school, but everything I've heard says that it's a rather interesting place, and I'd like to check it out for myself. No offense to Wichita, but I can't really think of anything that would draw me there to visit, off-hand.

Corpus Christi, TX or Mobile, AL?

Old 03-26-2023, 10:12 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Come to Maryland! We have all the roundabouts you could ever want!

I'm going to pick Tulsa because it seems to have a more varied and interesting history. I can't seem to shake my negative impression of the place from reading The Outsiders back in middle school, but everything I've heard says that it's a rather interesting place, and I'd like to check it out for myself. No offense to Wichita, but I can't really think of anything that would draw me there to visit, off-hand.

Corpus Christi, TX or Mobile, AL?
Corpus Christi, TX for more Mexican culture and better beaches. I also think it is more authentic. Seems like it does not get much attention.

Bellevue, NE or Decatur, AL?

Old 03-30-2023, 06:53 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Corpus Christi, TX for more Mexican culture and better beaches. I also think it is more authentic. Seems like it does not get much attention.

Bellevue, NE or Decatur, AL?
This is tough because both are in metros I'd like to visit. So I'll go with Decatur since it's near Huntsville. Syracuse NY or Hartford CT?

Old 03-30-2023, 07:38 PM

754 posts, read 569,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
This is tough because both are in metros I'd like to visit. So I'll go with Decatur since it's near Huntsville. Syracuse NY or Hartford CT?
Syracuse. I have more interest in seeing what Upstate NY is like over Connecticut.

Austin, TX or Raleigh, NC?

Old 03-31-2023, 01:47 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Syracuse. I have more interest in seeing what Upstate NY is like over Connecticut.

Austin, TX or Raleigh, NC?
Austin, for sure. Since I want to see how its hyped up places to eat(i.e. Franklin Barbecue), are like. Same with the bars, that are down there. No offense to Raleigh, though. I'm sure that place is nice too, but yeah it doesn't stand out as much.

Providence, RI, or Portland, ME?

Old 04-01-2023, 02:59 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Austin, for sure. Since I want to see how its hyped up places to eat(i.e. Franklin Barbecue), are like. Same with the bars, that are down there. No offense to Raleigh, though. I'm sure that place is nice too, but yeah it doesn't stand out as much.

Providence, RI, or Portland, ME?
I'd like to visit Providence. Portland ME or Monterey CA?

Old 04-02-2023, 10:35 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,281,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'd like to visit Providence. Portland ME or Monterey CA?
Monterey by far. The city itself isn’t much, but the aquarium is nice and the surrounding area is very beautiful. I don’t even like Portland.

Taos, NM or Park City, UT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City