Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2023, 09:45 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I'm going to pick Nashville Indiana here. I've been to both, and I like both. However, if I am going to visit that part of Kentucky, I'd actually prefer to be close to Red River Gorge. Berea can be a nice base to visit an assortment of places in Kentucky, but that wasn't the question. Nashville itself is a nice town, and Brown County State Park is adjacent to the town center.

Lexington KY or Columbus OH
I'd go to both, but out of the two, I'd go with Columbus due to being a bigger city. Meaning, while both have a major university presence, Columbus would seem to offer more balance.

Hershey PA or Gatlinburg TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2023, 09:00 AM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'd go to both, but out of the two, I'd go with Columbus due to being a bigger city. Meaning, while both have a major university presence, Columbus would seem to offer more balance.

Hershey PA or Gatlinburg TN
Gatlinburg. I like it's location near the Great Smokies, Knoxville and Pigeon Forge. Panama City FL or Eureka CA?

Old 04-09-2023, 01:39 PM

755 posts, read 570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Gatlinburg. I like it's location near the Great Smokies, Knoxville and Pigeon Forge. Panama City FL or Eureka CA?
Panama City, FL. Both are more similar than I expected, but I'll go with Panama City because of it's higher percentage of black people, no income tax, lower cost of living, and better access to beaches.

Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN?

Old 04-09-2023, 03:54 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Panama City, FL. Both are more similar than I expected, but I'll go with Panama City because of it's higher percentage of black people, no income tax, lower cost of living, and better access to beaches.

Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN?
Minneapolis, since it has more of that true Midwest city neighborhood vibe that I like.

Grand Junction, CO, or Pueblo, CO?

Old 04-10-2023, 07:59 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Grand Junction, CO, or Pueblo, CO?
Grand Junction. It has much better scenery, and if I'm going to Colorado that's what I want. Pueblo might as well be Kansas as far as topography goes.

Fort Niagara State Park (New York) or Fort Clinch State Park (Florida)?

Old 04-10-2023, 08:32 AM

755 posts, read 570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Grand Junction. It has much better scenery, and if I'm going to Colorado that's what I want. Pueblo might as well be Kansas as far as topography goes.

Fort Niagara State Park (New York) or Fort Clinch State Park (Florida)?
Fort Niagara because it's close to Niagara Falls & Buffalo, which I prefer to visit over the beaches near Fort Clinch & Jacksonville.

New Brunswick, NJ or College Park, MD?

Old 04-10-2023, 11:24 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Fort Niagara because it's close to Niagara Falls & Buffalo, which I prefer to visit over the beaches near Fort Clinch & Jacksonville.

New Brunswick, NJ or College Park, MD?
Neither of those places jump out a lot to me to visit, but I suppose I'd pick New Brunswick. As its downtown stands out a little bit more when you street view it, vs. College Park which feels more like a quiet inner ring suburb just outside of DC. Not to say College Park has nothing to do, but I noticed how it felt like an inner ring bedroom suburb just outside of DC.

The 2 places looking back I should've compared instead, on my last post: Grand Junction, CO, or Flagstaff, AZ?

Old 04-11-2023, 07:00 AM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Neither of those places jump out a lot to me to visit, but I suppose I'd pick New Brunswick. As its downtown stands out a little bit more when you street view it, vs. College Park which feels more like a quiet inner ring suburb just outside of DC. Not to say College Park has nothing to do, but I noticed how it felt like an inner ring bedroom suburb just outside of DC.

The 2 places looking back I should've compared instead, on my last post: Grand Junction, CO, or Flagstaff, AZ?
I've never been to either but I'd like to check out Flagstaff. Albuquerque or Tucson?

Old 04-11-2023, 07:39 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Albuquerque or Tucson?
ABQ, mainly because it has a much better culinary scene.

Gulf Islands National Seashore (Florida/Mississippi) or Point Reyes National Seashore (California)?

Old 04-17-2023, 08:04 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,895,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
ABQ, mainly because it has a much better culinary scene.

Gulf Islands National Seashore (Florida/Mississippi) or Point Reyes National Seashore (California)?
Point Reyes National Seashore. Much More Prettier with Mountains and Valleys. Gulf Islands have none of that and Proximity to San Francisco/ Northern California doesn't hurt

Toronto or Boston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City