Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2024, 09:23 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,906,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I have never been to either. But looking at pics. Both look beautiful. I think I’d go with the Pacific Rim B.C for those stunning ocean views

Victoria B.C. or New Orleans?
New Orleans... Simply because it seems more unique, and since I've never visited either city, I'll choose the place deemed to be more of a "bucket list" destination with regard to its cultural offerings.

New Braunfels, TX or Solvang, CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2024, 06:52 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,251,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
New Orleans... Simply because it seems more unique, and since I've never visited either city, I'll choose the place deemed to be more of a "bucket list" destination with regard to its cultural offerings.

New Braunfels, TX or Solvang, CA?
New Braunfels. I want to go to their Oktoberfest so badly! These are the oldest towns in their respective states: Natchitoches LA or San Augustine FL?

Old 05-20-2024, 02:11 PM

13,772 posts, read 8,084,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Natchitoches LA or San Augustine FL?
Natchitoches only because I've been to St. Augustine more times than I can count, having grown up nearby. If I had never been to either, I think St. Augustine is objectively the more interesting destination.

Regina Beach, Saskatchewan, Canada or Lake Gogebic, Michigan?

Old 05-20-2024, 05:51 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,426,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Natchitoches only because I've been to St. Augustine more times than I can count, having grown up nearby. If I had never been to either, I think St. Augustine is objectively the more interesting destination.

Regina Beach, Saskatchewan, Canada or Lake Gogebic, Michigan?
I'll go with Lake Gogebic, since that part of Canada I have this feeling wouldn't appeal to me much. And it's near the town of Wakefield, MI, which I'd be up for exploring further. I'm sorry, but Regina Beach seems like it isn't too special to me. Even if there is one place(per street viewing) in Regina Beach, that has fish and chips.

Fairbanks, Alaska, or Yellowknife, Northwest Territory?

Old 05-20-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll go with Lake Gogebic, since that part of Canada I have this feeling wouldn't appeal to me much. And it's near the town of Wakefield, MI, which I'd be up for exploring further. I'm sorry, but Regina Beach seems like it isn't too special to me. Even if there is one place(per street viewing) in Regina Beach, that has fish and chips.

Fairbanks, Alaska, or Yellowknife, Northwest Territory?
Yellowknife interests me a little more so I'll go with that. Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia CA or Knott's Berry Farm Buena Park CA?

Old 05-21-2024, 02:15 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,085,244 times
Quote:
Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia CA or Knott's Berry Farm Buena Park CA?
Magic Mountain looks to be all about roller coasters;
those aren't my thing, so I'll choose Knott's.
Plus, it would be fun to see what's changed there,
and what hasn't, since my LA childhood
(I wonder if the gold-mine train ride is still there...)

France or Italy?

Old 05-21-2024, 03:02 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,924,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Magic Mountain looks to be all about roller coasters;
those aren't my thing, so I'll choose Knott's.
Plus, it would be fun to see what's changed there,
and what hasn't, since my LA childhood
(I wonder if the gold-mine train ride is still there...)

France or Italy?
Italy, with the food there being a big motivator. I'd like to see Naples, Pompei, the Almafi Coast, Capri, Puglia, and Sardinia. I'll need a whole month to do the bucket list there. I wouldn't pass up France either (especially Provence, the French Alps, and Strasbourg), but I'd like to see more of Italy.

Barbados or Aruba?

Old 05-21-2024, 03:34 PM

23,568 posts, read 44,277,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Italy, with the food there being a big motivator. I'd like to see Naples, Pompei, the Almafi Coast, Capri, Puglia, and Sardinia. I'll need a whole month to do the bucket list there. I wouldn't pass up France either (especially Provence, the French Alps, and Strasbourg), but I'd like to see more of Italy.

Barbados or Aruba?
Barbados is the classier of the two and much more fleshed out in terms of points of interest and culture.

Tybee Island, GA or Folly Beach, SC?

Old 05-21-2024, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Barbados is the classier of the two and much more fleshed out in terms of points of interest and culture.

Tybee Island, GA or Folly Beach, SC?
Tybee. Have wanted to go there. Corpus Christi TX or Savannah GA?

Old 05-21-2024, 09:06 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Tybee. Have wanted to go there. Corpus Christi TX or Savannah GA?
Not fooling with Savannah but would choose Tybee as well. I would choose Corpus Christi because it would be a different cultural experience with better beaches.

Pierre, SD or San Bernardino, CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City