Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2023, 12:17 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'll bet either one would be a blast. I'd go with the one in WV only because I love bluegrass music and prefer it to zydeco. Also it seems like an incredible setting, scenery-wise. I know the food will be better in Lafayette.

Which historic cemetery would you choose to explore:
Bonaventure Cemetery (Thunderbolt [Savannah], Georgia) or Hollywood Cemetery (Richmond, Virginia)?
Bonaventure plus I've always wanted to visit Savannah. Tampa or Norfolk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 02:41 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Bonaventure plus I've always wanted to visit Savannah. Tampa or Norfolk?
This is a toughie. I like Tampa better so one would think I'd pick that one. But it's been much longer since I've been in Norfolk, so I'll actually go ahead and pick that one, just so I can refresh my memory of what it was like. (After that, I'll probably go back to Tampa next time.)

Gold Canyon, AZ during the Arizona Renaissance Festival or Crownsville, MD during the Maryland Renaissance Festival?

Old 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
This is a toughie. I like Tampa better so one would think I'd pick that one. But it's been much longer since I've been in Norfolk, so I'll actually go ahead and pick that one, just so I can refresh my memory of what it was like. (After that, I'll probably go back to Tampa next time.)

Gold Canyon, AZ during the Arizona Renaissance Festival or Crownsville, MD during the Maryland Renaissance Festival?
Maryland since I've never been there. St. Augustine FL or Natchitoches, LA?

Old 09-07-2023, 07:46 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Maryland since I've never been there. St. Augustine FL or Natchitoches, LA?
St Augustine. If given the choice between beach or no beach, I'm going beach.

Reno NV or Boise ID

Old 09-07-2023, 10:51 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
St Augustine. If given the choice between beach or no beach, I'm going beach.

Reno NV or Boise ID
Reno because it is underrated. I like that it has more character and not invaded by broke hipsters.

Sarasota, FL or Hilton Head, SC?

Old 09-08-2023, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Reno because it is underrated. I like that it has more character and not invaded by broke hipsters.

Sarasota, FL or Hilton Head, SC?
Hilton Head. I've never been there and would want to check it out. Jamestown VA historical site or Plymouth Rock historical site in Plymouth MA?

Old 09-11-2023, 05:53 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Hilton Head. I've never been there and would want to check it out. Jamestown VA historical site or Plymouth Rock historical site in Plymouth MA?
Plymouth Rock, since I've never been to MA.

And for the above one, I would've picked Sarasota. As it looks more walkable and has more character, vs. Hilton Head. I'm sure HH would be nice to visit if you're into golf, though. Which I'm not.

TV shows inspired by a small town: Mount Airy, NC(Andy Griffith Show), or East Middlebury, VT(Bob Newhart Show)?

Old 09-11-2023, 08:26 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Plymouth Rock, since I've never been to MA.

And for the above one, I would've picked Sarasota. As it looks more walkable and has more character, vs. Hilton Head. I'm sure HH would be nice to visit if you're into golf, though. Which I'm not.

TV shows inspired by a small town: Mount Airy, NC(Andy Griffith Show), or East Middlebury, VT(Bob Newhart Show)?
East Middlebury for my Nick at Nite nostalgia. I love both shows, but Bob Newhart was more cerebral which fascinated me as a kid. I would like to check out this alternative culture Vermont boasts and of course get my fill of the world renowned maple syrups.

Ft. Smith, AR or Sandy, UT?

Old 09-12-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
East Middlebury for my Nick at Nite nostalgia. I love both shows, but Bob Newhart was more cerebral which fascinated me as a kid. I would like to check out this alternative culture Vermont boasts and of course get my fill of the world renowned maple syrups.

Ft. Smith, AR or Sandy, UT?
Ft. Smith I love NW Arkansas! Pigeon Forge TN or Asheville NC?

Old 09-12-2023, 06:36 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Ft. Smith I love NW Arkansas! Pigeon Forge TN or Asheville NC?
Pigeon Forge. I'd love to immerse myself in the Titanic museum again. (Oops, "immerse" might not have been the best word choice.) And the Dixie Stampede (I think it's just the Stampede now) was a lot of fun. Not that Western North Carolina isn't beautiful, and not that the Biltmore wouldn't be worth a visit, but I truly do love the Great Smoky Mountains.

Major cities on the edge of major mountain ranges: Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City