Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2022, 08:54 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,932,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Hartford CT or Sacramento CA?
I'd rather visit Sacramento because I've never been to the West Coast.

Ravine Gardens State Park (Florida) or Ormond Memorial Art Museum & Gardens (Ormond Beach, Florida)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 09:25 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,953,570 times
The Ormond Beach museum. Its close to Daytona Beach, which has its own arts & science museum as well, and I'd like to drive on its beach and see one of the few boardwalks that FL has to offer. Ravine Gardens seems a bit too sleepy in comparison, and Palatka looks a bit too quiet for my tastes.

If this was 2004: Six Flags Astroland or Six Flags New Orleans

Old 01-12-2022, 10:08 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
If this was 2004: Six Flags Astroland or Six Flags New Orleans
New Orleans. In 2004 I was in college, so a trip to New Orleans would have sounded more fun that a trip to Houston. I know I know, the question was about amusement parks. I'd go to New Orleans and hit the park one day and hit other sites during the rest of my trip. I don't care which park is better, I wouldn't plan a vacation around just the park in either case. New Orleans all the way.

Badlands National Park or the Grand Canyon

Old 01-12-2022, 10:17 AM

51 posts, read 41,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
New Orleans. In 2004 I was in college, so a trip to New Orleans would have sounded more fun that a trip to Houston. I know I know, the question was about amusement parks. I'd go to New Orleans and hit the park one day and hit other sites during the rest of my trip. I don't care which park is better, I wouldn't plan a vacation around just the park in either case. New Orleans all the way.

Badlands seems much less crowded and has grass.

Scotts Bluff or Arches National Park?

Old 01-12-2022, 10:30 AM

3,447 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post

Badlands. Since I've never been there, unlike the Grand Canyon which I've visited before.

For the one that was posted barely before I got my post posted, I'd go with Arches. Although I don't have any doubt that Scotts Bluff National Moment in Nebraska, also would be nice to visit.

Voyageurs National Park in Minnesota, or Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota?

Old 01-13-2022, 07:37 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Voyageurs National Park in Minnesota, or Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota?
Theodore Roosevelt N.P. As nice as Voyageurs looks, the landscape of TRNP is so unique and different compared to what I'm used to.

Ponderosa State Park (Idaho) or Theodore Roosevelt Lake and surrounding recreation sites (Arizona)?

Old 01-13-2022, 01:23 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Theodore Roosevelt N.P. As nice as Voyageurs looks, the landscape of TRNP is so unique and different compared to what I'm used to.

Ponderosa State Park (Idaho) or Theodore Roosevelt Lake and surrounding recreation sites (Arizona)?
Ponderosa. I've never been to that part of the country. Norfolk/VA Beach or Jacksonville FL?

Old 01-13-2022, 07:03 PM

3,447 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Ponderosa. I've never been to that part of the country. Norfolk/VA Beach or Jacksonville FL?
Tough one(got close to Norfolk but didn't quite properly visit, and I'd never been to Jax), but I suppose I'll pick Norfolk. I only got to Williamsburg years ago for a family reunion trip, but sadly didn't travel further east to see the rest of the 'Hampton Roads' region. And near Jacksonville, the only place that slightly jumps out to me that I want to visit is Saint Augustine. Near Norfolk, I'd love to check out Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, and the VA towns across the Chesapeake Bay on the Delmarva Peninsula further. Not to forget Tangier Island, which I'd like to visit despite that I get the sad sense that island's culture might be slowly dying long term.

And on past street view comparisons on the street view vs. street view thread, Norfolk had a few nice pockets of urbanity in some parts of that city. And it appears Norfolk had some sort of limited light rail system, in place. Nothing against Jax, but I don't think it has as much urbanity. Although the Five Points neighborhood in Jax, looks nice.

Indianapolis, or Columbus, OH?

Old 01-13-2022, 07:06 PM

810 posts, read 2,161,935 times
Both not hugely urban but at least Columbus is a college town.

Baltimore, MD or Cleveland, OH?

Old 01-14-2022, 06:57 AM

51 posts, read 41,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo View Post
Both not hugely urban but at least Columbus is a college town.

Baltimore, MD or Cleveland, OH?
Cleveland by far. It's on Lake Erie and has the Rock n Roll museum.

Bull Shoals or Lake of the Ozarks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City