Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More beautiful city?
Las Vegas 8 5.06%
San Diego 150 94.94%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 04:31 PM

62 posts, read 68,551 times

Advertisements

Wait, so it's ok to bash Vegas all day long, but if I claim that the air quality sucks in San Diego, I am labeled a troll? Makes sense.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable assertion that most Californians have no idea how bad the smog is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 04:40 PM

62 posts, read 68,551 times
I used to live in Coronado. Of course it's beautiful. The entire California coast beats almost anywhere. But the Vegas bashing is stupid. This is LA junior after all and the smog is terrible. My view going across the bridge to work every morning was usually gross.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:47 PM

157 posts, read 138,168 times
San Diego is beautiful, but I find myself staring out my hotel window more in Las Vegas. The views in SD are just weird, the trees look kinda "off".

What if we compared TJ with LV? Its 2 diff. countries but without the wealth and massive water engineering projects SD would look like TJ.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:50 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,678 posts, read 81,437,637 times
No contest, San Diego is beautiful Vegas is Glitzy, but not beautiful.

Old 03-17-2021, 05:54 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,129,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyIsland View Post
Wait, so it's ok to bash Vegas all day long, but if I claim that the air quality sucks in San Diego, I am labeled a troll? Makes sense.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable assertion that most Californians have no idea how bad the smog is.
Are Californians the ones bashing Vegas? Hmm not really. I personally have 3-4 posts mentioning how beautiful the xeriscaping/landscaping is and the surrounding natural terrain. It's definitely in the top 25% of U.S. regions for natural beauty (in my opinion) due to the terrain.

You are a troll. Whining supported by anecdotal evidence. California certainly does have elevated air pollution, but Vegas ain't too great either. Actual data and reports from the American Lung Association support this conclusion. The difference between #6 (San Diego) and #9 (Las Vegas) in ozone pollution isn't some massive difference.

Old 03-17-2021, 05:57 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,285,467 times
I'm sorry, Vegas may be one of the worst looking cities in the US. Never appealed to me at all, didn't understand why people would pick it over Phoenix if they had the choice.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:00 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,129,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverpro View Post
San Diego is beautiful, but I find myself staring out my hotel window more in Las Vegas. The views in SD are just weird, the trees look kinda "off".

What if we compared TJ with LV? Its 2 diff. countries but without the wealth and massive water engineering projects SD would look like TJ.
Because Las Vegas clearly came into existence without an influx of money and water?

Why not just compare the natural environment of Clark County vs. the natural environment of San Diego County?

Old 03-17-2021, 06:06 PM

14,376 posts, read 11,774,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
San Diego has few days of smog. It can get foggy however. Big difference.
Tourists in SoCal are notorious for mistaking marine layer for smog. They stare out towards the beach on a May morning and say, "Wow, it sure is smoggy here!"

Old 03-20-2021, 11:28 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,917,203 times
June gloom. It effects almost the entire west coast from Seattle to San Diego. In many situations it will “burn off” inland, but linger along coastal or inland marine areas. Anyone who says it is always sunny in LA, probably doesn’t live anywhere near the coast.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:25 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,748,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
I'm sorry, Vegas may be one of the worst looking cities in the US. Never appealed to me at all, didn't understand why people would pick it over Phoenix if they had the choice.

I live in Phoenix and love it but the Las Vegas valley is pretty cool looking. I personally love a cityscape surrounded by mountains and Vegas has tall mountains surrounding it. Here are a few of my own pictures from various trips up there.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City