Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst hip hop scene?
Boston 14 11.02%
DFW 10 7.87%
Phoenix 74 58.27%
Seattle 29 22.83%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 07:11 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,121,217 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to edit polls? If ParaguaneroSwag could swap out Boston and DFW for other cities since those two are clear outliers in this battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 07:17 PM

9,895 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarSeltzer View Post
To me Denver feels bigger than Phoenix. I’m surprised it’s only 3 million metro.
Haha. That’s just because Phoenix doesn’t “ding” at all. It’s an under the radar place sadly

Old 08-04-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Is it possible to edit polls? If ParaguaneroSwag could swap out Boston and DFW for other cities since those two are clear outliers in this battle.
No but you can start a new one and lower the population criteria

Old 08-04-2021, 07:30 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,121,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
No but you can start a new one and lower the population criteria
Was merely a suggestion, no need for the glib reply.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Was merely a suggestion, no need for the glib reply.
I was being serious. You should do it.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:32 PM

912 posts, read 1,085,000 times
Quote:
I heard of Xanman and (Lil Dude), but the DMV never struck me as a rap-oriented, mostly RnB and Soul. I know far more Rappers from Baltimore.
Word? The only rapper from Baltimore I'm familiar with is Los. A few other rappers I heard names of like Bandhunta Izzy, but I never checked em out. Bmore has always been club based, so it's wild to see someone say they know more rappers from there.

I'd say Baltimore is in the same vein as Milwaukee; two cities with strong urban black culture but a severely lacking hip-hop scene. Though, Lakeyah from Milwaukee did pretty good on the XXL cypher.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:39 PM

912 posts, read 1,085,000 times
Btw I just remembered Token is from Boston, he didn't get mentioned at all. Is he not seen as a representative?

Old 08-04-2021, 08:02 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Word? The only rapper from Baltimore I'm familiar with is Los. A few other rappers I heard names of like Bandhunta Izzy, but I never checked em out. Bmore has always been club based, so it's wild to see someone say they know more rappers from there.

I'd say Baltimore is in the same vein as Milwaukee; two cities with strong urban black culture but a severely lacking hip-hop scene. Though, Lakeyah from Milwaukee did pretty good on the XXL cypher.
Yea I search for Bmore rap while I’m here but honestly compared to Boston the scene is less vibrant.

Current Bmore rappers I know:
Creek Boyz
Tate Kobang
Bandhunta Izzy
TSO Tadoe
Lor Scoota (RIP)
Lor Dae
YBS Skola
Los
Butch Dawson

Current Boston rappers I know:
Vintage Lee
Mizzie Cash
Jefe Replay
Dutche Rebelle
BIA (major hit w/ Russ and Nicki Minaj)
Brandie Blaze
PISTOLA
Big Super
Brandon James
Avenue
Latrell James (made a commercial w/ Cheerios)
Kye Bills
Caliph (Grammy winner)
Ken Frank
T Drape
Trae Da Kidd
BTL EK
Millyz (signed w/ Jada, has joint album with Dave East)
D The Flyers (had a major song, ‘Fugazi’ w/ Lil Baby)
Sammy Adams
BJ Balla
Plad Finesse
Oompa
Clark D
Gio Dee
Rosewood Bape
8 zipp
Side street Capo
KT Cuatro
Ygizzle
Token
Cousin Stizz (song w/ Offset, Doja Catt, BIA)
Van Buren (was invited to the Dreamville sessions)
TaShawn Taylor
Billy Bando
Dollasz HSM
Rocky Rich
7981 Kal
G Fredk
Jidenna (raised in Mattapan and Norwood MA, shouts out Mattapan in a few songs, mentions it in interviews)
Greatness
Ditto Bandz
Big Leano
BoriRock (he’s dope!)

I could go on and on and on with Boston.

Don’t forget Free is from Boston that’s was important culturally. Mashonda and Amerie we’re both born in MA, Mashonda lived in Boston though and was there much lob we than Amerie who is a DC artist( you can hear it in her music too).

Old 08-04-2021, 08:12 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Btw I just remembered Token is from Boston, he didn't get mentioned at all. Is he not seen as a representative?
He exists but isn’t mentioned in Boston rap world or the media that covers rap in Boston. I honestly don’t think most Boston people know he exists-he existed and made moves totally outside of the scene. Mostly because he’s white and from the suburbs (sorta, he’s from Salem)

Old 08-04-2021, 08:17 PM

10,110 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
I heard of Xanman and (Lil Dude), but the DMV never struck me as a rap-oriented, mostly RnB and Soul. I know far more Rappers from Baltimore.
Aside from Wale, I don't know of any rappers from DC. I can't even think of any battle rappers from DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City