Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite National Park in the PNW
Mount Rainier National Park 5 18.52%
North Cascades National Park 5 18.52%
Olympic National Park 15 55.56%
Crater Lake National Park 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 04:27 PM

8,857 posts, read 6,856,075 times

Advertisements

Rainier offers a particularly awe-inspiring grandeur. Just looking at the mountain from five miles is stunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 10:42 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,127,881 times
Interesting. I would have thought the north cascades would have won because people would have liked the jagged tall mountains there the best. But it appears people put a lot of emphasis on the flora!

Old 08-26-2021, 11:15 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,419,680 times
North Cascades is more backcountry. You have to know what you are doing to really enjoy North Cascades. It’s gorgeous but hard to access the awesome parts for us with two kids. Whereas Rainier and Olympics have some very manicured and easily accessible trails.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:23 AM

1,683 posts, read 2,706,397 times
For wild ocean beaches, tidepools and rain forest, Olympic NP is the best. For a less crowded park, more spectacular mountain vistas, rivers and mountain lakes- North Cascades NP.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:57 AM

1,320 posts, read 866,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Interesting. I would have thought the north cascades would have won because people would have liked the jagged tall mountains there the best. But it appears people put a lot of emphasis on the flora!
Olympics is also one of the most visited national parks in the country, so I'd imagine people are more likely to have been there than the other 3, especially given that there are a decent amount of Seattle area residents on this forum.

Old 08-26-2021, 01:02 PM

6,375 posts, read 4,993,181 times
(Oh, just realized my photos album was private, lol. The ones I posted should be visible now)

Not national parks, but has anyone been to Mt. St. Helens or Mt. Hood? I never seem to hear about people going there compared to Rainier. I've been to Hood once, doing a bit of hiking --- got a nice random blizzard up there for the true wilderness experience, lol.

Old 08-26-2021, 02:48 PM

1,320 posts, read 866,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
(Oh, just realized my photos album was private, lol. The ones I posted should be visible now)

Not national parks, but has anyone been to Mt. St. Helens or Mt. Hood? I never seem to hear about people going there compared to Rainier. I've been to Hood once, doing a bit of hiking --- got a nice random blizzard up there for the true wilderness experience, lol.
Mt. Hood is awesome! Hood is generally my mountain of choice just because it's so close to Portland. Hood River is definitely the nicest small city in Oregon and just outside of town there is the Hood River Valley with multiple wineries, orchards, and farms.

I haven't been yet, but I know the Timberline Lodge is a very popular spot for hiking, skiing, climbing, and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City