Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2021, 10:42 AM

1,094 posts, read 807,453 times

Advertisements

These cities have quite a bit in common: both are southern military cities, both get a bad reputation when it comes to crime, both have big-name rappers, and both can be quite redneck as well. Do you find these cites comparable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 10:59 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
These cities have quite a bit in common: both are southern military cities, both get a bad reputation when it comes to crime, both have big-name rappers, and both can be quite redneck as well. Do you find these cites comparable?
No. Jacksonville is much larger and much more well rounded. I can't ever imagine Fayetteville having jetBlue or Nordstrom.

Old 09-08-2021, 01:58 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,843,148 times
Did you mean Jacksonville NC and Fayetteville?

Old 09-08-2021, 02:29 PM

1,094 posts, read 807,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Did you mean Jacksonville NC and Fayetteville?
Oh no, Jacksonville NC is quite small. Another similarity Jax Florida and Fayetteville has is being on 95.

Old 09-08-2021, 04:17 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,443,251 times
JAX and its not even a competition. Literally every category I give to JAX. JAX would be my 9th option in Florida, and I'm still taking it over Fayetteville.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:17 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
I wouldn't say Fayetteville is redneck I mean, I grew up there, and over half the city look like me, black. Also has a sizable Asian and Hispanic population, I mean yeah there's some rednecks but def not to point to where it's heavier in Fayetteville than else where.
Also this is my thing about crime. Most of the crime in Fayetteville is gonna be in the same general area, Bragg Blvd and the Murc aka Murchison Road, anddddddd unless you live there or you yourself was there buying drugs or a prostitute....basically committing a crime your self, it's not like you will be in danger. Cause it's not like those two areas have places to eat, or really anything as to why you would be there, outside of you living there.

Now would I move back...no, that said Fayetteville is not as bad as people make it out to be, and a lot of it is it's full of people who really don't explore it at all. Actually has tons of solid food places in particular some of the best bulgogi plates you can get at a solid price as well as other .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kywJg618itc
cape fear river trail is a solid trail along the cape fear river for bikers, runners, and outdoorsy type people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQeAZ8zW0g
(yeah this is a promo vid buttttt it does showcase a lot of things that honestly people didn't know was in Fayetteville because again, a lot of people just go eat and go home, back when I did live there(left in 04 for college and never moved back but still go often cause of family) but I would take pictures of xyz restaurant or xyz park I went to and people who lived there their whole life response is "where is this" lol
The International Folk Festival and Dogwood Festival are also really good and there's also a lot of local talent when it comes to music, Singers, Rappers, and all genres the only issue is Fayetteville has a lot of people who won't support you until some other city does.

Any who this is my long way of saying Jacksonville is better but Fayetteville ain't as bad as people make out to be.

Old 09-18-2021, 10:25 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,153,660 times
I did not realize Fayetteville, NC was such a large metro. >500k. Still probably not a fair comparison, but it was cool to learn a little about Fayetteville and watch the videos above

Old 09-19-2021, 06:06 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,510,918 times
Jacksonville FL is hands-down better. Not even close. These aren't comparable at all. Jacksonville is much larger as a city and a metro area. MUCH better recreational assets. MUCH better economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City