Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 05:15 PM

291 posts, read 202,024 times

Advertisements

In the current situation with COVID, which place would be better for dating?

If I stay in Dallas I'd be in the victory park area, and if Chicago I'd be in the streeterville area (already lived there for 4 years too).

I ask because I'm trying to find someone to settle down with that's from my own heritage (indian) - I feel like in Dallas the indian population is larger, and that in Chicago the indian population seems to be centered down in the suburbs. I don't really recall many in the city proper.

From a COVID perspective wouldn't Dallas be safer since it's more spread out?

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 02:36 PM

474 posts, read 530,597 times
Didn’t you already decide to stay in Dallas?

Old 12-04-2021, 04:46 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,116,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugofpeace View Post

If I stay in Dallas I'd be in the victory park area, and if Chicago I'd be in the streeterville area (already lived there for 4 years too).

I ask because I'm trying to find someone to settle down with that's from my own heritage (indian) - I feel like in Dallas the indian population is larger, and that in Chicago the indian population seems to be centered down in the suburbs. I don't really recall many in the city proper.

Any thoughts?
The Indian population is also more centered in the suburbs of Dallas, particularly Irving/Las Colinas so I'm not sure it would make a difference?

Old 12-04-2021, 06:37 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
The OP made a thread about this a few days ago and by the end, decided that Chicago had too many issues, and that Dallas was the better fit for him.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chic...-compared.html

Old 12-05-2021, 04:47 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,360,257 times
Quote:

Any thoughts?
My thought is that if you play as many games with Indian women as you do on CD, it really doesn't matter much, its not going to go far either way.

BTW, since you claim to have lived in Chicago for 4 years, why aren't you familiar with Chicago's Devon Ave. area with a good number of Indians, and known as the largest Desi corridor outside of perhaps NJ? Chicago has a huge number of Indians in the west and northwest suburbs, not sure what all the talk about not enough Indians for you is, it only takes one to marry.

Last edited by Justabystander; 12-05-2021 at 04:59 AM..

Old 12-05-2021, 08:14 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
If you're attractive and fun to be around, you'll find all dating scenes are pretty good to you. If you are awkward and boring, it's not your city, it's you.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:35 AM

291 posts, read 202,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
My thought is that if you play as many games with Indian women as you do on CD, it really doesn't matter much, its not going to go far either way.

BTW, since you claim to have lived in Chicago for 4 years, why aren't you familiar with Chicago's Devon Ave. area with a good number of Indians, and known as the largest Desi corridor outside of perhaps NJ? Chicago has a huge number of Indians in the west and northwest suburbs, not sure what all the talk about not enough Indians for you is, it only takes one to marry.
So what happened is that I found a place in Dallas, and finished up the leasing process. Was a done deal.

However I found some reviews after the fact stating the walls were thin (I'm a light sleeper) and that noise was an issue, so I canceled it. It seems like wherever I look in Dallas, whether its new or old construction, the units arent made well with thick walls. So I decided to deliberate again on whether Chicago was viable because I found units in the same place I lived in for 4 years, which were great.

Devon ave is about 45 mins car drive north of where I lived, it wasnt practical to just go up there to find someone.

I think I might've overblown Chicago's issues in my other thread another poster here alluded to.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:44 PM

402 posts, read 369,584 times
Best of luck. You might be better off in the suburbs of Dallas and not the area you are looking in.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:22 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
I mean…if you wanna meet a hot Indian girl might as well in Chicago. Chicago is s very romantic city. Great for dates

Old 12-06-2021, 06:11 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,360,257 times
Quote:
So what happened is that I found a place in Dallas, and finished up the leasing process. Was a done deal.

However I found some reviews after the fact stating the walls were thin (I'm a light sleeper) and that noise was an issue, so I canceled it. It seems like wherever I look in Dallas, whether its new or old construction, the units arent made well with thick walls. So I decided to deliberate again on whether Chicago was viable because I found units in the same place I lived in for 4 years, which were great.

Devon ave is about 45 mins car drive north of where I lived, it wasnt practical to just go up there to find someone.

I think I might've overblown Chicago's issues in my other thread another poster here alluded to.
So let me get this straight. You are picking a city based on the thickness of your apartment walls? Devon Ave is not 45 minutes from Streeterville, but even if it was, if 45 minutes is too much effort to meet a girl, then you are definitely not dating material. Stay in Dallas, and find some older building with thicker walls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City