Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 09:45 PM

340 posts, read 175,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Why would it be Phoenix when Vegas has an army of sex workers, cooks (usually comes with ‘underground’ culture), comedians, artists, and various vagabonds?

I believe Boston is speaking sense here.. Las Vegas is more 'wild' than Phx and im sure has more alt culture. Phoenix is Vegas without the wilderness..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 05:04 PM

18 posts, read 5,557 times
You have not been to the city of Phoenix. You just invalidated any opinion you have of the city. Why even comment? That's just weird behavior if you ask me. I've haven't been to a few cities. And you wont see me making any comment positive or negative on any place I have never visited. We all can look at something on TV or Youtube and give an opinion. But let's be mature and give actual info based on actual experience, not opinionated feelings.

Old 10-02-2023, 05:14 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
People come in here and comment on cities they haven't been to probably 80% of the time. The whole forum is weird in that case.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:47 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
People come in here and comment on cities they haven't been to probably 80% of the time. The whole forum is weird in that case.
You do have a strange fixation with Vegas. It's really not that dope of a city. And I say it's "strange" because of everything else you seem to like, it contradicts: its a wildly suburban city with mad sprawl, aesthetically not the most visually appealing place...

I'd think being from Boston and Baltimore that those are more your kind of city, but I guess opposites attract lmao...

Old 10-02-2023, 06:59 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Quote:
No I haven’t been to Phoenix but for all the reasons superpowers and I already said I don’t think I need to, honestly Phoenix seems like the opposite of alt culture form where I sit and it not a city I really want to visit tbh. It’s a city known for retirees, golf courses and conservative to moderate politics. I also have 0 clue what size has to do with it as many of the most quirky or alternative type cities I know of are in small metros..
I know this is old. But if I have learned one thing from traveling, its that you never really know a place very well unless you spend lots of time there. I admit that images people have of places do have a connection to reality, but point stands.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:55 AM

2,614 posts, read 1,211,224 times
I find the Vegas area, outside of the strip, to be pretty quiet and tame.

Not saying it's bad, but the reputation of Vegas being a wild place seems pretty limited to a small segment of it.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:26 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
You do have a strange fixation with Vegas. It's really not that dope of a city. And I say it's "strange" because of everything else you seem to like, it contradicts: its a wildly suburban city with mad sprawl, aesthetically not the most visually appealing place...

I'd think being from Boston and Baltimore that those are more your kind of city, but I guess opposites attract lmao...
you have a very strange fization with my liking Vegas. Someone do something to you out there? Anytime I comment on Vegas- here mursiderock come "Is not that NICE!!" lol.Okay. Like..its getting strange bruh.

I find it way more aesthetically pleasing than most eastern cities. More sunlight, can see the horizon, brighter, and cleaner, I like the pinks, browns, oranges, and blues. I think its absolutely beautiful.

Boston I like for the culture and convenience. Its alright vissualy but it IMO does not hold a candle to Vegas in terms of natural beauty cleanliness and the piece of my I get being out there.

Old 10-04-2023, 12:53 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I know this is old. But if I have learned one thing from traveling, its that you never really know a place very well unless you spend lots of time there. I admit that images people have of places do have a connection to reality, but point stands.
This is straight facts!

I'd been to Raleigh a number of times before I moved here in 2019, because I'd previously lived in Fayetteville and Charlotte. So I was "familiar" with Raleigh, but the reality is, living here has proven a different experience (in a positive sense) than just having been a semi-frequent visitor...

Similarly, I'd been to Virginia Beach a few times before moving there. It's for my money quite possibly the most misrepresented large city in the entire country, you're not gonna have a handle on it if you don't live there...

If you don't live somewhere, you'd have to have spent a significant amount of time there to have a true understanding of the culture of a place. Going somewhere on a few vacations, or day trips, really isn't the same as, say, spending a season there, or having family that are native to the area, or being a frequent attendee via your career.

Quote:
you have a very strange fization with my liking Vegas. Someone do something to you out there? Anytime I comment on Vegas- here mursiderock come "Is not that NICE!!" lol.Okay. Like..its getting strange bruh.

I find it way more aesthetically pleasing than most eastern cities. More sunlight, can see the horizon, brighter, and cleaner, I like the pinks, browns, oranges, and blues. I think its absolutely beautiful.

Boston I like for the culture and convenience. Its alright vissualy but it IMO does not hold a candle to Vegas in terms of natural beauty cleanliness and the piece of my I get being out there.
Lmao different strokes for different folks, I guess bruh lol...

Old 10-06-2023, 03:19 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
If this is what you're going for, then I wouldn't rule out visiting Phoenix as the scenery there is also quite beautiful in a similar way that Vegas' surroundings are like, but different with the Sonoran desert and saguaro cacti. I mean for living, yeah I can see Vegas being more your jam for all the reasons you've stated before. But for visiting, Phoenix is more interesting than it's often given credit for. You mentioned scenery, so I had to chime and say for Desert SW scenery, Arizona is on top and the Valley of Sun and its surroundings are stunning, especially sunsets. I think it's quite beautiful there.

For the thread topic, Vegas takes it. But Phoenix also has quite a visible alt presence, even though nearby Tucson acts as an alternative counterpoint to Phoenix, typical of a college town. The neighborhoods in both Vegas and Phoenix are very similar. Phoenix also has a much younger demographic than it's often reputed to have.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 10-06-2023 at 04:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City