Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 06:16 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,954,550 times

Advertisements

Bleak. Just visit the RI forum and you'll see that the top threads are dominated by negative topics and not much at all regarding projects/gentrification. Its a shame since there's a lot of cool history, proximity to the bays/ocean, Federal Hill, and a great university.

Jackson, MS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 08:23 AM

10,066 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Bleak. Just visit the RI forum and you'll see that the top threads are dominated by negative topics and not much at all regarding projects/gentrification. Its a shame since there's a lot of cool history, proximity to the bays/ocean, Federal Hill, and a great university.

Jackson, MS
I'd say not as bright as it could be, but also, I don't think it will be bleak. It does have the fortunate situation of being in the sunbelt, has mild weather and a good location.

I would love to see Jackson start to attract companies, but the state of Mississippi has to help with perception, incentives and change.

Memphis, TN?

Old 01-09-2022, 09:37 AM

382 posts, read 489,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'd say not as bright as it could be, but also, I don't think it will be bleak. It does have the fortunate situation of being in the sunbelt, has mild weather and a good location.

I would love to see Jackson start to attract companies, but the state of Mississippi has to help with perception, incentives and change.

Memphis, TN?
I'm leaning toward bright. The city has made a lot of investments and improvements over the past 7 years or so and there are many projects in the pipeline. Crime and poverty remain issues, but I drive through Memphis about twice a year and I can sense that it's turned a corner.

Tucson, AZ?

Old 01-10-2022, 10:28 PM

613 posts, read 327,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereoutthere15 View Post
I'm leaning toward bright. The city has made a lot of investments and improvements over the past 7 years or so and there are many projects in the pipeline. Crime and poverty remain issues, but I drive through Memphis about twice a year and I can sense that it's turned a corner.

Tucson, AZ?
I heard NIMBYism is holding them back, so bleak for now.

Buffalo, NY?

Old 01-10-2022, 10:37 PM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
I heard NIMBYism is holding them back, so bleak for now.

Buffalo, NY?
At least relative to the Rust Belt, Bright. NYS when they say invest in upstate they mean Buffalo and just Buffalo so the town has a disproportionately massive state trying to push it to succeed.

Louisville KY?

Old 01-11-2022, 09:12 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
At least relative to the Rust Belt, Bright. NYS when they say invest in upstate they mean Buffalo and just Buffalo so the town has a disproportionately massive state trying to push it to succeed.

Louisville KY?
I would say bright. I've always thought Louisville has a edge to it that is very attractive to many younger people. I am not sure how probusiness it is.

El Paso Tx?

Old 01-11-2022, 10:13 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I would say bright. I've always thought Louisville has a edge to it that is very attractive to many younger people. I am not sure how probusiness it is.

El Paso Tx?
I'd say bright, since there's still a lot of Hispanics very invested in that city. Also it's still popular with military people,plus retirees to live in. Also there are some nearby mountains within the Texas 375 bypass, where you can hike into and really is nice. And in the past when I went to El Paso, I liked that city.

Sacramento, CA

Old 01-11-2022, 10:18 AM

497 posts, read 352,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd say bright, since there's still a lot of Hispanics very invested in that city. Also it's still popular with military people,plus retirees to live in. Also there are some nearby mountains within the Texas 375 bypass, where you can hike into and really is nice. And in the past when I went to El Paso, I liked that city.

Sacramento, CA
Bright. The spillover from the Bay Area has already been bringing a lot of new development and talent to Sacramento.

Harrisburg, PA

Old 01-11-2022, 10:30 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,422,447 times
Bleak. Despite recent growth, both Philly and Pittsburgh are not expensive enough to make places like Harrisburg that enticing.

Atlanta GA

Old 01-11-2022, 03:12 PM

613 posts, read 327,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
Bleak. Despite recent growth, both Philly and Pittsburgh are not expensive enough to make places like Harrisburg that enticing.

Atlanta GA
Bright. They are the new superstar metro of the USA in the upper echelon and one of the anchors of the Piedmont Atlantic Megaregion

Indio, CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City