Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 10:08 AM

613 posts, read 327,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
I don't see the Boomer retirement wave slowing down anytime soon. This place has branded itself as a household name whether you love it or hate it. Bright.

Portland, Maine
A bright future

Halifax, NS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 10:10 AM

10,748 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Bright. Migration from NYC, Boston alongside with a trending downtown and lots of job opportunities is making this Portland a recommended city

Jacksonville, Florida
Bright - it's a quiet city among the Florida metros, but it has attractive beaches, reasonable COL, and lots of room for growth as the South Florida and the I-4 corridor become more rapidly built out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
A bright future

Halifax, NS
Bright, with WFH expanding and the rapidly increasing cost of living in Canada's big 3 metros (TO/Mtl/Van), Halifax is cashing in on a new migration coming back to the Maritimes for a lower cost of living and nice coastal scenery and QOL.

Montreal, Quebec

Old 01-15-2022, 11:31 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Bright - it's a quiet city among the Florida metros, but it has attractive beaches, reasonable COL, and lots of room for growth as the South Florida and the I-4 corridor become more rapidly built out.

Bright, with WFH expanding and the rapidly increasing cost of living in Canada's big 3 metros (TO/Mtl/Van), Halifax is cashing in on a new migration coming back to the Maritimes for a lower cost of living and nice coastal scenery and QOL.

Montreal, Quebec
Bright from what I've read. Texarkana TX/AR.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:21 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,952,089 times
Bleak. Both actually registered slight losses in the 2020 Census (both the TX and AR sides in fact), which is not a good sign for an otherwise fast-growing region. Unfortunately, its far from a major creative center, lacks major corporations and educational facilities, has a high crime rate, unimpressive scenery, and whatever inbound growth its receiving from rural dwellers and retirees will be more than offset by Texarkana's upwardly mobile young natives, will move out to more exciting places like Dallas, Austin, Houston, or out of the region altogether.

San Francisco

Old 01-16-2022, 10:27 AM

10,062 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Bleak. Both actually registered slight losses in the 2020 Census (both the TX and AR sides in fact), which is not a good sign for an otherwise fast-growing region. Unfortunately, its far from a major creative center, lacks major corporations and educational facilities, has a high crime rate, unimpressive scenery, and whatever inbound growth its receiving from rural dwellers and retirees will be more than offset by Texarkana's upwardly mobile young natives, will move out to more exciting places like Dallas, Austin, Houston, or out of the region altogether.

San Francisco
Super bright--as long as no major climate-change caused situations occur, and there is not a major earthquake that hits. (God forbid)

San Fran is one of the most attractive cities in the world due to its geography, quality of life, tons of opportunity and overall world class cosmopolitan options.

Charleston, WV?

Old 01-16-2022, 12:21 PM

420 posts, read 303,221 times
Bleak. West Virginia except for the one place that has WVU is dying and declining in population, and even most people that move to WV move to the county by the DMV and that's Jefferson county

Las Vegas NV?

Old 01-16-2022, 12:32 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Bleak. West Virginia except for the one place that has WVU is dying and declining in population, and even most people that move to WV move to the county by the DMV and that's Jefferson county

Las Vegas NV?
It's growing and a lot of new stuff coming to the area so I would say bright.

Texarkana TX and AR

Old 01-16-2022, 03:02 PM

570 posts, read 560,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
It's growing and a lot of new stuff coming to the area so I would say bright.

Texarkana TX and AR
As stated above, the region economical area for Texarkana is pretty bleak with no real plans to improve. Atleast for the foreseeable future.

Bend, OR

Old 01-16-2022, 03:32 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAries View Post
As stated above, the region economical area for Texarkana is pretty bleak with no real plans to improve. Atleast for the foreseeable future.

Bend, OR
Bright, I'd suspect. Obviously some people like Bend enough, where it's becoming a retiree and outdoor enthusiast destination. That said to me it's more isolated than I prefer from other parts of populated Oregon to make me want to consider living there, but to each their own.

Tallahassee, FL

Old 01-16-2022, 03:45 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Bright, I'd suspect. Obviously some people like Bend enough, where it's becoming a retiree and outdoor enthusiast destination. That said to me it's more isolated than I prefer from other parts of populated Oregon to make me want to consider living there, but to each their own.

Tallahassee, FL
Bright. The city has a good economy and is growing. The people are nice and rents are affordable. The roads could be improved, however. It seems like the panhandle does not get as much funding as the other regions in FL.

Nashville, TN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City