Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 03:30 PM

12,837 posts, read 9,552,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Lol, right? You can’t add 11%, 10%, and 5% of three separate entities and come up with a whole of 26%.
That's how I like to do my averages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 03:33 PM

12,837 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
That sounds about right.

Because if Albuquerque had that level of affluence, we'd be seeing "bougie" lux brands flock to ABQ pretty regularly--and they aren't on a mass scale, at all.

They head to Santa Fe, on a more limited basis, anyway.

Albuquerque is very similar to Tucson, Arizona in general. Tucson sits at 2.4%, so I think the 25% is most likely a decimal error on the reported list.
Yeah, it's 2.5%. A simple Zillow search will tell you that. It does not have more million dollar homes than Boston, % wise. In fact, I'd bet it's the 4th most expensive city in it's own state.

Old 03-11-2022, 03:34 PM

10,063 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque 101 View Post
So the answer is you don't really know what you're talking about and have no real clue as to any of the actual name brand, higher end national stores located in each city. And you also are now changing national "bougie lux brands" to local high end art galleries and artists selling art to try to justify your previous ignorant statement. Albuquerque has lots of high end art galleries and local artists selling art too, you know.
An Albuquerque homer for sure, it sounds like! I like Albuquerque a lot, and that whole region is really cool.

But my point is, ABQ is more closely aligned with Tucson, AZ in terms of affluent homes and wealth, most likely, and is sitting at 2.5% I would bet. That was an error on the report.

I'm sure ABQ has some beautiful homes and some loaded rich people. It's a super nice spot to visit and live, for some.

Old 03-11-2022, 03:37 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
National average is close to 9%. Surprised Raleigh is below that. Portland too.
The percentage in the Raleigh market doesn't surprise me at all. While the market is quickly escalating it's still not nearly as high as other fast growing markets. I think that the percentage would be significantly higher if that price floor was $800,000 instead of a million.

Old 03-11-2022, 03:40 PM

282 posts, read 216,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
An Albuquerque homer for sure, it sounds like! I like Albuquerque a lot, and that whole region is really cool.

But my point is, ABQ is more closely aligned with Tucson, AZ in terms of affluent homes and wealth, most likely, and is sitting at 2.5% I would bet. That was an error on the report.

I'm sure ABQ has some beautiful homes and some loaded rich people. It's a super nice spot to visit and live, for some.
I never disputed that the Redfin findings for Albuquerque were likely an error, I explicitly said I thought so in my first post to this thread.

And you bet that I'm an Albuquerque homer, I love it here! But I've never stated incorrect things about the city. I've always had the decency to give the correct numbers and facts for my city. I'd never make a statement about any place if I didn't have the knowledge or facts to back it up, let alone my own city.

Old 03-11-2022, 03:40 PM

10,063 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Yeah, it's 2.5%. A simple Zillow search will tell you that. It does not have more million dollar homes than Boston, % wise. In fact, I'd bet it's the 4th most expensive city in it's own state.
Ahh, exactly--sounds good.

That is right. Makes more sense for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City