Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the better hip-hop scene/culture?
Boston 45 51.72%
Dallas 42 48.28%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 08:03 PM

119 posts, read 38,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
lol huh who told you this lol?
Does Black New Jersey rep as a state or by individual city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 08:10 PM

2,758 posts, read 2,453,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upperechelon View Post
Does Black New Jersey rep as a state or by individual city?
I'm a NJ native and I can tell you that North Jersey doesn't not gaf about South Jersey and vice versa. We don't "feel involved" if someone from the otherside of the state does something. That's not how that works at all. There's a general Jersey pride but North NJ relates more to NY and South NJ relates more to PA/DE.

I mean there's even division within subregions. Some folks in Newark don't even mess with Paterson like that for example. and North Jersey doesn't mess with Central Jersey (debatable whether its a separate region or different) like that either.

EDIT: people rep Jersey as a state because we don't have any big cities and no one has heard of any of the small towns that we are actually from lol.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:15 PM

119 posts, read 38,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
I'm a NJ native and I can tell you that North Jersey doesn't not gaf about South Jersey and vice versa. We don't "feel involved" if someone from the otherside of the state does something. That's not how that works at all. There's a general Jersey pride but North NJ relates more to NY and South NJ relates more to PA/DE.
If you say so lol. When Fetty was poppin', I knew A LOT of Jersey dudes from Trenton and Camden that claimed him. But if you on a different type of time, then cool. I'm just saying I never see NNJ/NYC or SNJ/PHI. It's always collectively NJ + NYC or PHI.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:18 PM

21,839 posts, read 13,052,800 times
Northern NJ goes with NY. South NJ goes with PHI. Big divide between north and south NJ. It’s not if he says so-that’s just what it is.

Not that there’s much if anything poppin in South Jersey like that.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:29 PM

2,758 posts, read 2,453,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upperechelon View Post
If you say so lol. When Fetty was poppin', I knew A LOT of Jersey dudes from Trenton and Camden that claimed him. But if you on a different type of time, then cool. I'm just saying I never see NNJ/NYC or SNJ/PHI. It's always collectively NJ + NYC or PHI.
There's no one popping from those cities (Trenton had Poor Righteous Teachers in the 90s) so maybe they were trying to piggyback off Fetty's success. Willingboro has more success in hip hop than Camden i think lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Northern NJ goes with NY. South NJ goes with PHI. Big divide between north and south NJ. It’s not if he says so-that’s just what it is.

Not that there’s much if anything poppin in South Jersey like that.
Yeah the North vs. South Jersey divide is one of the defining features of the state. Much of South Jersey even voted to leave the state in the 80s.
Culturally Black North NJ and Black New York are very close.

South Jersey doesn't have much except cheaper housing, AC, and the beaches. Most folks in North/Central Jersey don't go to South Jersey except to go to Atlantic City or to leave the state lol.

https://twitter.com/OfficiallyIce/st...61917374816260
https://twitter.com/officiallyice/st...70740802162692
This isn't an unpopular opinion lol

Old 03-24-2022, 09:13 PM

4,402 posts, read 4,670,463 times
A bunch of Northeast cats just like I stated before. I'll make that thread on a real hip-hop site with people from every corner of the country and abroad and post the link. If they say Boston I won't mind admitting I was wrong. But City Data is the last place I expect people to really know what their talking about when it comes to hip-hop. Plus the eastcoast bias on CD.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
A bunch of Northeast cats just like I stated before. I'll make that thread on a real hip-hop site with people from every corner of the country and abroad and post the link. If they say Boston I won't mind admitting I was wrong. But City Data is the last place I expect people to really know what their talking about when it comes to hip-hop. Plus the eastcoast bias on CD.
UE keeps saying it’s mad black people in the south who don’t know anything about Boston and miss tons of quality rap music from elsewhere. Dudes just bump Young and Kodak ad nauseam and don’t really be in tune like that. Lotta up tempo music that can’t breath and lots of whining.... Even Pswag said it’s Boston and he’s from your city not the east coast. Spade is from TX and he said it was a tie possible lean Boston. NorCal is from Nor Cal and said it was a tie. You’re gonna say this poll is invalid because- why? You don’t even know who’s voting. I explained my reasoning already.

In the east coast where rap music comes from- people don’t know Dallas like that, yo. It’s not Houston.

I do find it funny how this got you riled up you’re gonna take it to a imright.com where you’re familiar with the crowd and layout and you know you can get an opinion in your favor. And we should care and take it for more value than votes or comments here. It’s only annoying because you think you like objectively no more about hip hop than me or UE because your older and now some old groups and southern groups we don’t. I know plenty acts I’m sure you don’t. So?

As we say in Boston- you’re forcin it…. it’s not even your city bro why are you so stressed. Lol…It’s just you arguing Dallas like this and 4/5 other people making cases for Boston. Now you’re just mad at the website and everyone who disagrees with you. It’s corny.

When you lay the facts out very plainly and objectively it is what it is. Dallas has never had an artist as big as Bostons biggest artist and still doesn’t to this day. Yes or no?

Mad I even replied to this. I said I was done w/ you here.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:16 AM

Just for fun, I'm sure some folks remember these joints, courtesy of Boston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tm8pKu-LZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NToyuNOdIP8

Old 03-25-2022, 12:18 AM

But even random Boston rappers can get a couple mil on their songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHnjcUlmM9o

and that leads to more feature opportunities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhMTPE26NsU

Old 03-25-2022, 09:19 AM

10,095 posts, read 6,782,259 times
To be clear, I said currently Boston (2022). Mostly because BIA is the only from either place making somewhat of a buzz.

Edit: Come to think of it Erica Banks is starting to make a wave herself so I suppose I will change mine to a tie for 2022.

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 03-25-2022 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City