Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the better hip-hop scene/culture?
Boston 45 51.72%
Dallas 42 48.28%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 01:46 AM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperechelon View Post
"Boston is on the outside of Black America"..... "No one is checking for Boston", which is a fact but still an insult.

What shots have I thrown at the South? Chitlin' circuit? That's an insult?

LMAO, BTW I saw your lil thread on Boxden, and although the majority said Dallas cuz they from the South, it wasn't a clean sweep like you said it would be. The overall vibe was that both cities are non-factors.
If it's facts than how exactly is it an insult? You can't stomach the truth?

And to be fair the personal insults tidbit was more directed at BostonBorn than you even though I included you in there. Ya buddy Bostonborn on the other hand legit pissed up. Anytime a man has to declare that he's done and finish with a meaningless topic on a message board he's obviously taken this thing too personal. LMAO

But I'm still trying to figure out what do you mean by Chitlin circuit? Since you didn't go into detail about that and threw in that most Black people live in the south, I'm going to assume that a Chitlin circuit is pretty much code word for Black southern audience. Which I find hilarious that you a Black man is bragging about a White artist having an audience in a predominately White Europe market as if somehow he's bigger and more relevant than Black artist from Dallas who clearly have more views than this White Boston rapper. That's interesting. You make comments like that and wonder why I said Boston is on the outside of Black America. And that's only if most Black Bostonian's think like you.

I mean you and Bostonborn got all kinds of excuses and goal post when it comes to Dallas hip-hop scene but when it's Boston yall hometown it's a completely different story. I don't know why yall can't just admit that yall have a little home town bias going on.

And Boxden is full of people from all over. Why would you sit up here and lie and claim the majority of people said Dallas cause they were from the south?

Here's the thread:
https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=3116057

Right off the bat I can tell you one of the cats who voted for Dallas is from Baltimore, 2 cats from Atlanta and the remainder who actually voted for Dallas are actually from the Midwest. Meanwhile I have 3 Black Bostonion's going back and forth with me in this thread and that message board is the one that's being biased? LOL

And quote me where I said it would be a clean sweep. I don't understand why you're lying so much. I even said if Boston wins I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong. Also I've stated most people don't care about either Hip-hop scene like that to be completely engaged in it. This thread for example is just full of you and Bostonborn going on and on about Boston. You 2 think it's some kind of mass conspiracy Black America came up with to single out Boston but you have to be truly disconnected to think Black America by and large has something against Black Bostonian's. We got enough **** to worry about in this society than Black Bostonian's. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I mentioned BBD as a maybe once bro get off my -ish.. unlike Post they embrace the hip hop nature in their music in the definition of what they were doing. I omit them because we don't need them. Post Malone literally said hes not a rapper... multiple times. Argue with him- not me. You also tried to dismiss Millyz as a white rapper....but not Post, aight.

Marky Mark was a rapper. it was hip hop. IDFW him at all but he was a rapper with more than one album and he was rapping about stuff he actually did. It wasn't like "fake" just because he's white and racist..IJS. The dude was like on Arsenio and all that. Stop making me defend Marky Mark, please. At the same time he was out ED OG was out.

Not reading long ass posts. videos are called "evidence" and they also are more efficient than rants.
Post said he was an artist. Do you realize that's him saying I'm not JUST rapping but I also do other types of music. BBD didn't call themselves hip-hop artist either. They say they incorporate Hip-Hop in their music. Btw, my comment about Millyz had everything to do with yall dismissing Dallas hip-hop scene because it's geographical location. So then I threw in his race as a reason as to why he's more popular than he should be. Cause it's nothing about him that stands out at all musically. I wouldn't have went there if yall had moved the goalpost for Dallas. Which is the silliest arguments I've heard on CD so far. LOL

None of those videos you posted are efficient. You just wanna show us Boston's hip-hop scene cause you know we wouldn't normally go out of our way to check them out. Just be honest about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
Could you elaborate on this a little? What exactly about BIA’s music sounds southern?

Also my [white] relatives in Charlotte knew Joyner when I asked them. Might not hear his music in a club, but I think his reach is more than just regional?

I think your comment earlier about Marky Mark and Vanilla Ice canceling out was a good one.
Ok BIA's hit record "Whole lotta money" is produced by 2 Atlanta producers. That's London Jae and Tee Romano. Mike Crook produced Coi Leray's hit record which he happens to be from the West coast but it's obvious his production choice is influenced heavily by the south. Southern production is pretty much 808 trap beats with hi hats and loud snappy snares. Those 2 female artist created records that are heavily favored for the club. Records you can easily shake to in the strip clubs. The south created that style not the east coast. An artist like Millyz I guess would be more considered sticking truer to an eastcoast sound. It's obvious by a lot of artist he features on records like Jadakiss or Dave East.

Matter fact I could easily hear a Dallas rapper over that Whole lotta money beat. It has that Dallas dance sound to it. Which is another reason why I would give Dallas an edge of Boston. Dallas has more of a definitive sound than Boston. Dallas artist will have Dallas producers on their records. They'll include Dallas dance moves to match the tempo of those records. DFW has marketed their cities image more so in their records than Boston as a whole.

Btw, I never said people don't know who Joyner is. Joyner is known. He's had some pretty big records. I'm not the biggest fan of Joyner but he can spit. I never said his reach was regional. I stated some of the names Bostonborn posted earlier were not as big as he made them out to be. People I didn't mention were clearly ones I felt had a reach outside of their regions yet he twisted my narrative and tried to make it seem as though I was dismissing all Boston hip-hop. He's upset so he's deflecting and twisting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 05:38 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
among the greatest freestyle tapes of all time:
https://thecryptonline.com/v4/newbur...e-ii-circa-96/

Old 03-27-2022, 05:40 AM

i think the source alone is the greatest contributor cumulatively in this poll.
Quote:
Basically, can anyone who voted Dallas make a comment? I figured they wouldn't but that vote does need explanation.
i think that folks are drive-by voting by reputation (boston is all racist irish honkeys with no black culture; whereas, dallas (nebulous with houston) has mucho rap stars ...).

nobodys taking time to actually list acts from each area.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 03-27-2022 at 05:52 AM..

Old 03-27-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
How is Dallas present when Boston artists are currently on the radio more than Dallas though? Due to Coi Leray (dubiously Boston), Jidenna, BIA and to a lesser extent Joyner and Millyz in places like Shade 45. And are doing more collaborations across the board?

The last Dallas dance was when? Yella Beezy was a easy-going party rap one-hit guy but what trends/dances are present exactly?

Obviously, I'm defending Boston- but really, what counts as “present”?

Houston NOLA Memphis are on a very different tier than Dallas that almost like saying NYC overshadows Boston when in reality it’s just incomparable.

Lastly- is there any current Dallas battle rapper in the level of Chilla Jones?

What are the local outlets for hip hop in Dallas? Blogs/podcast/cypher series/radio shows/websites etc.

I know the iHeartRadio Top 30 hip hop countdown is a national hip hop countdown show whose home station is on Boston’s Jamn 945 (which is normally a reall weak station outside of their JAMN mixers and the LaunchPad) and hosted by Boston DJ PupDawg.

JAMN 945 was successful enough that when it got bought by iHeart the “JAMN” thing became a trademarked brand duplicated in a few markets for then. But it really is the worst legacy hip hop station in the country bar none in terms of regular music programming.
the breakfast club in n.y.c. started with cadillac jack mccartney (who also started matty in the morning on kiss-108).
in the '90's, he moved the get up with romero and pebbles format on wjmn-94.5 to n.y.c. and replaced them with new hosts. their frenemy interview with mike epps is what got them national spotlite (long before there was a y00t00b, facelook, twister, instacam, clap-chat, ...).

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 03-27-2022 at 06:28 AM..

Old 03-27-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
I mean it's clearly Boston. You have Joyner Lucas, Millyz, Coi Leray(debatable, she might claim NJ), 40 B.A.R.R.S (undisputably the best female battle rapper), Chilla Jones(battle rapper), Token, D'theflyest. Boston has more rappers associated with big names in the industry. The fact that you're even comparing the DFW Metro which has nearly 1 million blacks to little ol' Boston + its immediate surroundings which has less than 300k, should indicate how underwhelming Dallas' productivity is.

Dallas, DMV, Baltimore, New Jersey, and Milwaukee are my top 5 black areas that severely underperform relative to their black population.
shes nominated for a boston music award:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLW4RGZFVnw&t=4614s

Old 03-27-2022, 09:34 AM

119 posts, read 37,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
If it's facts than how exactly is it an insult? You can't stomach the truth?

But I'm still trying to figure out what do you mean by Chitlin circuit? Since you didn't go into detail about that and threw in that most Black people live in the south, I'm going to assume that a Chitlin circuit is pretty much code word for Black southern audience. Which I find hilarious that you a Black man is bragging about a White artist having an audience in a predominately White Europe market as if somehow he's bigger and more relevant than Black artist from Dallas who clearly have more views than this White Boston rapper. That's interesting. You make comments like that and wonder why I said Boston is on the outside of Black America. And that's only if most Black Bostonian's think like you.

And Boxden is full of people from all over. Why would you sit up here and lie and claim the majority of people said Dallas cause they were from the south?

Here's the thread:
https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=3116057

Right off the bat I can tell you one of the cats who voted for Dallas is from Baltimore, 2 cats from Atlanta and the remainder who actually voted for Dallas are actually from the Midwest. Meanwhile I have 3 Black Bostonion's going back and forth with me in this thread and that message board is the one that's being biased? LOL

And quote me where I said it would be a clean sweep. I don't understand why you're lying so much. I even said if Boston wins I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong. Also I've stated most people don't care about either Hip-hop scene like that to be completely engaged in it. This thread for example is just full of you and Bostonborn going on and on about Boston. You 2 think it's some kind of mass conspiracy Black America came up with to single out Boston but you have to be truly disconnected to think Black America by and large has something against Black Bostonian's. We got enough **** to worry about in this society than Black Bostonian's. LOL

No. My argument when it comes to Millyz is that, a rapper who has a solid domestic + international audience has more reach than a rapper who is only big in one region domestically; especially one that is extremely biased. I'm not bragging about no white man, it's simple sound logic. Millyz, Joyner, Bia all have reach, that's my main argument against Dallas rappers.

Alright my bad, you never said it would be a clean sweep. But the fact you ran to boxden indicates that you don't value the opinions on C-D. The poll in this thread has a larger sample size and right now it's dead even at 25-25.

Lastly, BBMM and I already acknowledge that black America could care less about Boston. Cool. Our issue is that the little attention we receive is always given with intent to discredit. Don't frame that as insecurity.

Millyz w/ Asian Doll (Dallas)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5okKFWvUyY

Millyz w/ G-Herbo (Chicago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1q0DQgFQc

Millyz w/ Mozzy (Sacramento)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXvrKHGEdBI

Old 03-27-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
shes nominated for a boston music award:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLW4RGZFVnw&t=4614s
True. Me and BostonBorn agree to disagree on whether she's Boston or not.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:06 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
True. Me and BostonBorn agree to disagree on whether she's Boston or not.
She says she’s Boston she’s on non profit radio stations in Boston saying she is. She’s on the New England playlist. She’s in the Boston music awards. You’re disagreeing with coi herself, me, and others.

I don’t claim Amerie because she doesn’t claim MA even though she was born here. She claims DC.

We also forget Mashonda, she said she moved back and forth between Harlem and Boston as a kid.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:14 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Cousin Stizz and the city girls. 5.2M views
https://youtu.be/2Gaxt3zP8Sg

Heard this one at the club in Baltimore recently^

Cousin stizz and offset 2.7 M views
https://youtu.be/3OH8UMO7cF8

Cousin Stizz and Freddie gibss 1.2 M views
https://youtu.be/x9scNrKoIgQ

Old 03-27-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Cousin Stizz and the city girls. 5.2M views
https://youtu.be/2Gaxt3zP8Sg

Heard this one at the club in Baltimore recently^

Cousin stizz and offset 2.7 M views
https://youtu.be/3OH8UMO7cF8

Cousin Stizz and Freddie gibss 1.2 M views
https://youtu.be/x9scNrKoIgQ
Damn how I keep forgetting Stizz. This is what I mean Redlion. Activity in all regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City