Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 06:58 PM

1,355 posts, read 888,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progress 1 View Post
I guess. do you feel safe on the greenline by yourself at night or taking a stroll down Broadway and Lyndale by yourself at night. I mean can't you really just say any city is safe? Is any city really that dangerous in the United States. I guess it's all about perspective. I mean I don't really personally feel unsafe anywhere in any city in this country. There are cities in other countries that make any city in our own country look like Disneyland. I'm also a convicted felon who has spent a lot of time around people who many people would be scared of. So that's my perspective I just don't get scared or feel unsafe anywhere. Maybe you feel safe hanging at the places I mentioned alone. Maybe you walk the Northside alone all the time.
I've lived on the Northside a few times as a child and teen. The Northside was always the most rough part of town but I never felt that it compared to the worst parts of some other cities.I didn't take any light rail but I believe anyone who says that they don't feel safe using it. Overall, I don't feel that the cities are dangerous as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 09:41 PM

121 posts, read 97,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
I've lived on the Northside a few times as a child and teen. The Northside was always the most rough part of town but I never felt that it compared to the worst parts of some other cities.I didn't take any light rail but I believe anyone who says that they don't feel safe using it. Overall, I don't feel that the cities are dangerous as a whole.
There are definitely worse places. I now live in Tampa. I don't think the neighborhoods that are considered bad here or when I lived in orlando seem as bad as Minneapolis. I do think some areas look worse than they are in some other cities especially on the east coast where it's much older and buildings have seen better days. I think you can drive around some areas of Minneapolis and St. Paul that are much worse than they appear. Even the Northside, a lot of it looks nice but it obviously isn't. I just hope the trend continues with homicides staying down. Loving it here in Florida. I'd never move back to that boring city lol. But I see what's going on through twitters crimewatchmpls page. Check it out to stay informed.

Old 05-05-2023, 08:28 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,663,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Still better than Pittsburgh, and we are now into May. This is VERY encouraging for Cincinnati!

Old 05-05-2023, 09:35 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,767,478 times
l like to use this safety tracker for the city of Houston https://abc13.com/safetytracker/ Keep in mind this doesn't tell the whole story due to all of the unincorporated not included in the data.

Old 05-05-2023, 09:37 AM

7,082 posts, read 8,956,237 times
Cincinnati now at 19. (not counting the suicide)

https://wlwt.com/article/dayshawn-bl...hside/43801665

Old 05-05-2023, 11:25 AM

2,600 posts, read 4,664,321 times
Default Boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
l like to use this safety tracker for the city of Houston https://abc13.com/safetytracker/ Keep in mind this doesn't tell the whole story due to all of the unincorporated not included in the data.
Thats probably the best tracker out there

Old 05-05-2023, 11:27 AM

2,600 posts, read 4,664,321 times
Default Boredatwork

DC-75
Pgc-31

Old 05-06-2023, 10:07 AM

914 posts, read 1,088,165 times
Hampton has 4 murders over the course of 32 hours, putting it at 17 for the year, up from 12 this time last year.

- A 66 y/o man is shot and killed in a double shooting in the Shell Rd area.

- A double shooting kills both at a Briarfield 7-Eleven early in the morning

- A 29 y/o man is shot and killed after an argument during a gathering in the Buckroe area.

Old 05-06-2023, 12:07 PM

6,568 posts, read 12,070,061 times
Atlanta is at 36 as of the end of April which is down 40% from 60 at the same point last year.

Old 05-06-2023, 10:03 PM

21,677 posts, read 12,825,238 times
Boston, Man stabbed to death in front of the Suffolk County Sheriff Department in the Methadone Mile Area.

https://twitter.com/StacoS/status/16...342755842?s=20

[NEWJACKCITY]
male stabbed to the chest, he's down, no susp info, Atkinson St near Bradston St, BPD requesting medics to push

#201am
#massNcassland
s.t.Ã….c.o. | D-3
@StacoS
·
21h
Homicide activated, Medics can't find a pulse on vict, conf. dead on arrival

More cars rolling, large crime scene being set

#206am

Media just now reported on it saying "life-threatening injuries". The area has been a point of political/social contention, and the Mayor ordered homeless encampments to be removed this past Sunday but it failed-miserably. The story is being stepped on- a pattern in the Wu administration thus far.

Boston 15
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City