Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:35 AM

24 posts, read 98,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
LA has more things to do than New York? I don't know about that. I'd go with New York on that. LA attractions are too tacky for me. I prefer places for residents which NYC has a lot of. NYC is more well-developed than LA. It's more of a resident-friendly city. LA is more of a tourist-friendly city.

And please, can you try writing legibly.

l.a. is being redesign now and has shows the future in this nation and has more attractions guaranteed more things to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 PM

30 posts, read 151,799 times
sorry but l.a. can never touch nyc. come on now time square, central park, coney island, great architecture and so many restaraunts. how could you possibly choose l.a. over the capitol of the world.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:07 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,631,837 times
Like I stated in another post, LA and NYC can't be compaired. They are two completely diffrent cities.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:01 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,134 times
San Fran you could at least compare. I agree with the apples oranges. Funny, to most on here they consider LA only West LA and Orange Co(which is not LA at all). The rest seems to be invisible for some reason. Kind of like when Manhattanites only consider Manhattan and ignore the rest of the city. Non-white areas are non-existent to people on these boards. It seems like West LA and the tourist areas or nothing at all but there actually is more w/o shifting focus to the OC(which is not what television makes it out to be for the most part). There are tons of poor and immigrant areas in Orange County especially inland.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 PM

508 posts, read 2,119,209 times
Never been to LA (at least not yet) but I long to visit. I just want to see all of that beauty up close and personal. California is a beautiful state, as is New York. NYC has Central Park, the cultural arts, and trendy neighborhoods. LA has the beach, the laid-back vibe, the beauty and its own trendy neighborhoods.

I'm a Native New Yawker and I don't like to compare my city to any other. I like to appreciate wherever I am and the differences from one place to the next. So my point is, I just wouldn't compare the two.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
New York is one of the greatest cities in the world, if not the greatest. You say New York around the world, everyone knows what it has to offer and what it represents. LA is a great city but it is not NYC no matter what they do. Jay

Old 05-05-2007, 09:54 PM

491 posts, read 828,424 times
In my opinion no native New Yorker belongs in or can ever adjust to Los Angelos. It’s a different world, you cant do anything without a car.
Walk and they bust you for J-walking.

S California also has perhaps the worst justice and roadway system in the world.
Girlfriend and I got stopped for simply walking at night, because we made peoples nasty dogs bark.
On another ocasion we were thrown out of a Sushi restaurant and beaned with a rice balls for asking for California rolls. The Mexican's "cat call" woman and young female school children
- -its truly a nuthouse.

Look what happened to Paris Hilton !

Old 05-06-2007, 02:46 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
Lived in both. Personally I love both cities for different reasons. Ny gets the edge imo. 4 seasons plus fall in NY is like no other. And what would be better than spending the holiday season in NY. Culturally, architecturally, historically, nightlife I like NY.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:32 AM

223 posts, read 281,040 times
new york city & los angeles are both one big over flowning toilet plus the lapd & nypd shoot first & ask questions later.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:01 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Like I stated in another post, LA and NYC can't be compaired. They are two completely diffrent cities.
Agree.

This is as pointless as comparing Dallas vs. Houston. I could scream hoarse why Houston is MUCH better than Dallas, err...DFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City