Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,542 times

Advertisements

Hello! No one has started a NY LV thread yet?
anyway, please redirect me or post your comments.

As we know, NY is 434535 times bigger than LV. But, LV is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. Will LV be like NY someday? are LV people like NY people right now?

LV is pretty much 95 percent suburban, but with crazy condos, business, entertainment (not just gambling) coming in FAST, what do you guys prefer? LV's urban area (the strip & downtown), is growing crazy fast, just think of what it looked like only 10 years ago, do you think LV can be the new NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 12:08 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,798 times
lv the new ny..are you serious?
no.
i mean no matter how much it grows no it could become what ny is..
and even i would prefer living in ny..but playing in lv..of course.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:36 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,494 times
There is no way Las Vegas will ever be a 'new' New York.

New York is the culture and financial capital of the country, and has been for decades. Las Vegas is a suburban cesspool outside of the strip.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
lv the new ny..are you serious?
no.
i mean no matter how much it grows no it could become what ny is..
and even i would prefer living in ny..but playing in lv..of course.
it couldnt*
I havent figured out how to edit posts yet lol
maybe its just late.
well nvm this one has an edit button that one doesnt..

Old 02-06-2009, 02:53 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
I don't care for Nevada or that desert feel at all. LV seems plastic, temporary, and impersonal amidst all the glitz. NY is too damn stressful, crowded, and competitive.

NY is a place of great substance and depth however, and this I can respect. My vote goes to NY...to visit.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I don't care for Nevada or that desert feel at all. LV seems plastic, temporary, and impersonal amidst all the glitz.
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:51 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times
Las Vegas is my second favorite city. I loooooved it out there. It reminded me a bit of NY, kind of like a city that's always alive and has a certain kind of energy about it. I think LV and NY really only have that feeling. I love the southwestern style of everything, lots to do...my fiance and I were going to move there, but the teacher salaries are pitiful out there. We would live much more comfortably in NY.

And after thinking about it, I think I would rather stay in NY in the end. I'm thinking of retiring out west (possibly in LV, who knows), even though that's many years away.

Still, no city in the US to me compares to my home of NY. Still love LV though.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,774,863 times
At night Vegas is beautiful...during the day it looks like one giant movie set. Everything looks so fake and the sweltering temps make it unbareable to be outdoors for any length of time. Vegas is one dimensional...it's a nightlife/playground for tourists. NYC is the most diverse city in the world. There is no comparison, you might as well compare Disneyland to Chicago.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:22 AM

23,450 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
At night Vegas is beautiful...during the day it looks like one giant movie set. Everything looks so fake and the sweltering temps make it unbareable to be outdoors for any length of time. Vegas is one dimensional...it's a nightlife/playground for tourists. NYC is the most diverse city in the world. There is no comparison, you might as well compare Disneyland to Chicago.
Bingo. My sentiments exactly.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 AM

2 posts, read 8,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Im thinking about starting a Disneyland Vs. Chicago Thread.
I got too much time in my hands, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City