Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:14 PM

6 posts, read 8,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
That is an excellent point!

While I would be ecstatic to have the kind of choice that sweetlilmiss has, I agree with you that at this point in her life Annecy might be a slightly better option only because it truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be able to live in a gorgeous city in the French Alps as opposed to London which will be so easily accessible the rest of her life.
thank you for your detailed and thorough advice! you do have a serious point there. I never thought of it like that before! I really want to do something that is once in a lifetime. plus the euro is closer to the dollar than the pound. the exchange rate between the dollar and the pound is unfortunately terrible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 02:26 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
^^^ My friend actually just came back from a semester abroad in London and said it was the best time of his life. He did say it was extremely expensive though. Either way, whichever one you choose, they're close enough that you'd be able to visit London at some point while in Annecy or vice versa. It would be a crime for you to not travel as much as possible while in Europe

Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 AM

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what there is to do in annecy

Old 04-17-2009, 02:05 PM

? Is there night clubs and there?

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlilmiss View Post
hello! I am new to this forum so this is my first post. I am a college student and I have two options that I really want to consider about study abroad destinations. My school has one that goes to Annecy, France and you attend a language school and live with a french host family. This is appealing to me because I have seen pictures and Annecy is BEAUTIFUL. The other option is to go to London and attend Kingston University, I am a community college student and I would love to have the " college ecperience" at a real university. London is a mega huge city and has alot of things to see and do. however, for some reason I have a strong gut feeling that if I go to London something bad will happen to me. I don't know why but its just like intuition or something. but I still really want to go. which would you choose under the circumstances?
London is generally safe, but you have to use your head, just like any other big city. Kingston is pretty safe and I doubt that anything "bad" would happen to you there. Just avoid parts of South London, i.e. Lambeth, Brixton and any council estate (the projects).

Ultimately, it all depends what you want....the French life, or the big city life. All I'll say is that you shoudn't be afraid of London...take it from me (I was born there!). It's a great city and a lot of fun.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
London is generally safe, but you have to use your head, just like any other big city. Kingston is pretty safe and I doubt that anything "bad" would happen to you there. Just avoid parts of South London, i.e. Lambeth, Brixton and any council estate (the projects).

Ultimately, it all depends what you want....the French life, or the big city life. All I'll say is that you shoudn't be afraid of London...take it from me (I was born there!). It's a great city and a lot of fun.
I think people misinterpreted what I meant when I said I felt something bad might happen to me. I really believe that certain places have different energies for different people. One person might go to a country and have the best luck and time of thier life because that place is THEIR place in the world. However another person may go to the SAME city or place and have the worst luck there because doesn't hold positive energy for that individual. I am interested in London, its a great and safe city but I have a gut feeling that If I go something bad might happen because its just a wierd sixth sense thing.Thats why I think I am going to Annecy Something about it feels right to me. I hope you all dont find me wierd for saying this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City