Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 AM

206 posts, read 439,859 times

Advertisements

Actually, it depends on what drugs you are referring to. I do know that street prices for prescription drugs cost more down South.

As far as Canada goes, there are many marijuana growers now because of the laws changing.

If you add coke or heroin to the mix, it is pretty much cheap here in the North.

I don't know about meth, as we don't have much of a problem with it here as compared to other parts of the country, like Southern and Western states.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChild View Post
Actually, it depends on what drugs you are referring to. I do know that street prices for prescription drugs cost more down South.

As far as Canada goes, there are many marijuana growers now because of the laws changing.

If you add coke or heroin to the mix, it is pretty much cheap here in the North.

I don't know about meth, as we don't have much of a problem with it here as compared to other parts of the country, like Southern and Western states.

High grade Marijuana is much cheaper and more potent up north but that's about it. Anything that comes over that Mexican border- coke, heroine, meth, low grade marijuana is going to be cheaper the closer it is to it's orgin, it's just simple economics. But you live in Detroit, and the D has some very cheap prices for an up north city, but that is due more to groups like BMF, YBI and other organized groups in the D that have branched out and networked with other groups in other cities, and not the physical location of Detroit.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
High grade Marijuana is much cheaper and more potent up north but that's about it. Anything that comes over that Mexican border- coke, heroine, meth, low grade marijuana is going to be cheaper the closer it is to it's orgin, it's just simple economics. But you live in Detroit, and the D has some very cheap prices for an up north city, but that is due more to groups like BMF, YBI and other organized groups in the D that have branched out and networked with other groups in other cities, and not the physical location of Detroit.
I agree with you about the low grade(dirt weed) marijuana in the South and YBI(don't know about BMF). Although, YBI was bringing in mostly its own people to other cities(watched a documentary of it recently and remember when it was happening). Of course, that was in the 80's.

As far as the physical location goes, have you looked at a map lately? Canada is only across the river. Some of Canada is actually South of us.

Not trying to be a smart as*.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I agree with you about the low grade(dirt weed) marijuana in the South and YBI(don't know about BMF). Although, YBI was bringing in mostly its own people to other cities(watched a documentary of it recently and remember when it was happening). Of course, that was in the 80's.

As far as the physical location goes, have you looked at a map lately? Canada is only across the river. Some of Canada is actually South of us.

Not trying to be a smart as*.

No I was saying that despite Detroit being up north they have very cheap prices, and I think that is due to the fact that Detroit has allot of organized crews(YBI, Chedda Boyz, BMF..) that are branched out all over the country (St. Louis, LA, ATL, Oakland, Orlando....). Most of the drugs that come over the Canadian border are high grade marijuana, extasy pills, and other synthetic drugs. Not Cocaine, Heroine and meth, those come over the southern border.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
[quote=youngMichaelJackson;10424735]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post

Drugs are cheaper in New York you can buy drugs in the NYC, and go to Texas and Florida and sell them for a lot higher prices.[/quote]

Did this man really just say that???? This man listens to waaay to many Jay-Z songs, lol. That seriously is the funniest thing I have heard a while, this cat has no idea what he is talking about. *News Flash* my dude, Texas is the Wal-Mart of drugs, you can get everything for dirt cheap in Texas, c'mon use your head. People literally walk across the border with large amounts of illegal drugs on their back daily. Any half wit in the dope game will tell you that the product is more expensive the farther it is from it source. So unless they are growing cocaine in Canada now....... common sense will tell you that the prices on the "work" are cheaper in Texas than anywhere because it's right next door to Mexico, as opposed to up north because you have to factor in the transportation cost to get it there. I know what you cats in NYC are paying for birds and it is almost twice the price of what they are in Texas. Some of posters on here from NYC should keep your mouths shut when it comes to this "street talk". All you do is embarass yourselves and your city, I know that there are plenty of real dudes in NYC, but some of you all aint them.
Exactly. Texas, CA or FL are the biggest drug trafficking states in the country. You can literally sit on your front porch in some places along the border and actually watch people drug smuggling over the borders. NY can't touch these states when it comes to drugs and weapons; the inflow of it is unbelievable and goes on daily.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:46 AM

[quote=jluke65780;10425839]
Quote:

Exactly. Texas, CA or FL are the biggest drug trafficking states in the country. You can literally sit on your front porch in some places along the border and actually watch people drug smuggling over the borders. NY can't touch these states when it comes to drugs and weapons; the inflow of it is unbelievable and goes on daily.

Dont waste your breath, some of these people are so ignorant and naive to the very stuff they claim to know so much about that they wouldnt understand the truth if you hit them in the face with it.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
No I was saying that despite Detroit being up north they have very cheap prices, and I think that is due to the fact that Detroit has allot of organized crews(YBI, Chedda Boyz, BMF..) that are branched out all over the country (St. Louis, LA, ATL, Oakland, Orlando....). Most of the drugs that come over the Canadian border are high grade marijuana, extasy pills, and other synthetic drugs. Not Cocaine, Heroine and meth, those come over the southern border.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Thank God, Meth has not hit here hard. I have seen what it has done down South and other places.

I thought I read somewhere recently, that Canada is the hydroponics capital of the world. Ontario, maybe? Not sure.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
[quote=jluke65780;10425839]
Quote:

I live really close to the main pipeline outta Florida to the rest of the country (I75), I could tell you stories that would curl your hair!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 PM

45 posts, read 49,179 times
Quote:
Sorry, I misunderstood. Thank God, Meth has not hit here hard. I have seen what it has done down South and other places.

I thought I read somewhere recently, that Canada is the hydroponics capital of the world. Ontario, maybe? Not sure.

Folks in Vancouver and Ontario have been growing dro for decades.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:36 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
Thats cool I agree with you to POLO89

"Listen everybody is going to rep were their from."

I really didn't mean to **** you or your other boy or dude on the message board off from Texas or Florida.

I had this arguement with New York vs Philly also. It was even worse.
In the East we stay fighting each other I don't know why!!!

Its all LOVE HOOD TO HOOD !!!!!

Its alright you just reppen where your from polo89 that cool

I got less respect for people who lie about were their from.
I no longer live in the hood. I live in a decent suburb now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City