Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:03 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,262,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
DC never been about gangs...even ms13 has to operate in the burbs of md bc in the city its no play for them..Baltimore be on that silly gang stuff
yeah, i was thinking the same thing. dc does have gangs though, they're just called crews. crews and gangs are the same thing except that in dc, crews aren't stupid enough to color associate like preschoolers. but back to the point, not all east coast cities have la gangs. and the ones who do, they're just about as powerful in the city they operate as the mafia is in san diego. so the same could be said both ways. a few west coast cities have east coast mobsters who really have little relevance there, while a few east coast cities have west coast gangs who really have little relevance here.

la gangs never made it to dc. i don't know if they tried to but if they did try, they were run out of town real quick.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 07-16-2011 at 12:15 PM..

Old 07-16-2011, 12:20 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
New Jersey. I love the place but it's not one of the prettiest!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:29 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,239,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Yeah this pretty much sums it up. Dude is beyond desperate lol. I should have just left it at that, but this clown was just begging to get checked.
LOL i wanted to check him badly too, but i felt like i needed to keep my braincells for that day.

I think the city vs. city forum should be renamed "CelticGermanicPride and pollster31 against the world".

Old 07-16-2011, 06:37 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,913,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
you're wrong. it had just 24 murders with about 90,000 people. that leaves about 89,976 people who went outside, shopped, etc and didn't get "hit up." lol at your response. it's so simple and ignorant. i'm not even going to argue with you any further.

and jman, i already said i'm done arguing with you. you can't even argue with me, you lost that right when you posted pictures of the bronx in the 70s in your attempt to TRY to make people believe that's what nyc still looks like, you failed at that, i owned you in the pm's we had, i posted pictures of the redevelopment and 21ST CENTURY new york, and you had no argument other than to say "nyc is old, dirty, ghetto, falling apart like it just went through world war 3, blah blah blah." you're a joke too.

ecyde is a simple minded ignorant who thinks the cia and fbi are scared of compton. jman is just weird little guy who rambles on and on about nothing way too much and thinks that new york still looks like it did in the 70s and 80s. nowincal doesn't have a clue about how the criminal cycle works. just SHUT UP. i CANNOT argue with three ignorants. it's impossible to keep up. so it's done. i'm calling it. when you all can take a dose of reality, then maybe we can start talking. but shut up about compton. it's not hard. shut up about street gangs being more powerful than organized crime. that's pure stupidity to even think that. and shut up about "technique doesn't matter in a fight."
Now that you mention it. New York had 532 homicides in 2010. New York has 8.3 million people. That means 8,299,468 people didn't have a problem.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 PM

54 posts, read 166,339 times
Quote:
if i truly wanted to, i could do anything any gangbanger in compton can do. if i was that determined to make money without having to get a real job, i could be a gang member. there's nothing unique or hard about a compton gang member that makes them genetically fit to be a gang member. but what keeps me from doing that is 1) i'm not a simpleton 2) i'm not stupid enough to risk prison time selling dope on the corner for burger king wages and 3) i graduated from high school.

The gang banging lifestyle is something they're born into, they don't do that sh*t for fun. You can't compare your Hampton lifestyle to that of Compton or South Central cause you didn't grow up watching your friends and family die left and right. You couldn't do what they did cause I guarantee you couldn't kill somebody if you had to.

I lived in South Central during late 80s when I was young, and there was nothing funny about that place. I could of sworn it was hell on earth, every other friend you had his parents we're on crack cocaine, couldn't wear certain colors, heard gun shots and sirens all night long, we couldn't go to the closet supermarket cause it was in another gang neighborhood, couldn't go to certain gas stations cause it was in the wrong neighborhood, had to sleep on the floors cause of stray bullets from drive bys, ghetto birds flying around your neighborhood all the time, police wouldn't come to you when you called, finding dead bodies in the alley ways and dumpsters, people stealing sh*t from your car and breaking into your house, can't go to school cause you get harrased on your way. Hell I say school is we're the gangs get most of there recruitment.

South Central and Compton is a war zone, these gangs go to war with same intentions as the middle east, and there goal is to create as many funerals as they can. That ain't no joke man, you have to join gangs and slang dope just to survive. Both South Central and Compton have gang members and children that are exhibiting high levels of post-traumatic stress disorder, the same thing war veterans suffer from.

Peep this documentary from the 90s ‪SLIPPIN' 10 years with the bloods part 1‬‏ - YouTube (http://youtu.be/h8iqkF6_vk0 - broken link)

Last edited by ECyde; 07-16-2011 at 07:43 PM..

Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 PM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times
That I've been in:

Most Ghetto: Newark
Most Depressed / Rundown: Scranton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City