Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 12:36 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,526 times

Advertisements

But the best weed still comes from Northern California!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:46 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,844,245 times
North Philly is the worst I've seen in person... coming a distant second would be areas like Over The Rhine in Cincy, East Cleveland, and areas in East Columbus.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM

206 posts, read 439,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochieReaves View Post
Folks in Vancouver and Ontario have been growing dro for decades.
They just made Michigan a medicinal marijuana state, but you can't go across the border to get it. Can't even order seeds via mail. No prescriptions either. You have to grow it yourself, have someone else grow it for you or buy it yourself. Also, plants have to be located in a locked building, not outside.

One good thing, is that if you are pulled over by the police with marijuana in the car and show them your medicinal marijuana card, they can't use that as an excuse to search your car. Can't be over 2 1/2 OZ though.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:49 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
The border towns in TX, what they call Colonias, those are some of the worst parts of the US. And also neighborhoods and areas in South Florida, such as Belle Glades, and Opa-Locka. It's funny(or sad) Palm Beach County has HUGE swaths of poverty, and HUGE areas of Affluency(if that's a word). I didn't know Palm Beach County had rich people til I moved, and people told me about Palm Beach County, because the areas of Palm Beach County that I lived, and went to school at, were NOT rich, and were ghetto.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
New York is almost ten times as dense as Houston and about six times as dense as Dallas. So if there is a dead guy on the street in NYC, about ten times more people see it than in Houston. Plus NY is more pedestrian based so more people will see the dead guy regardless of density.

The murder rates of New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, Baltimore, and other Southern cities speak for themselves. Saying **** the rate is merely saying that you will not let facts get in the way of claiming you are from the hardest hood.
Unlike 90% of NYC my neighborhood isn't dense at all with the exception of the projects and a co-op, I said forget the crime rate because the City lies about the real stats, the murder rate in my neighborhood alone is 6 times higher (according to the City) than NYC as a whole so my point of view is different from someone who lives in "safe NYC". I don't normally base my opinion on stats I base it on how I feel in a certain place. I'm not glorifying crime or anything I'm honestly sick of living in South Jamaica.

Oh and to Young Champion we do say "Be Easy" in NYC .

Old 08-24-2009, 02:40 PM

22 posts, read 61,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
And your cleverly crafted picture of Cincinnati...........?

Anyways, sprawl is bad, and much worse in the middle of a desert where there is, um..... NO WATER!!!!!!!!!

You can't grow food, you can't have utulities, and yes, no championship golf courses. The existence of Phoenix in its present form is pure stupidity. Hopefully this will be realized before we waste any more of my tax dollars on that cesspool.
Pure stupidity, huh? How about people that write posts with a thousand stupid marks while talking about things they know nothing about? Do you really think that a city could grow to have around 4 million people in its metro area if there was no water? The valley in which Phoenix sits is a water shed area in the wettest desert in the world. There is a lot of water here, a lot more than say San Diego. So before you go browbeating yourself to death, take a second to look something up.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:25 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times
The worst neighborhoods I've seen were on the Eastside of Cleveland, and the South Side of Chicago. Both of which are made up of alot of smaller neighborhoods. Than some of Chicagos suburbs like Hammond, Calumet City, and Harvey are kinda grimey. Actually tho Cal. City has alot of nice looking areas but its got a high crime rate, and not all of Hammond is bad. The parts by Munster aren't bad looking. I also saw Gary, Indiana from the highway. That was probably the most boarded up houses and decay I've ever seen before.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
The border towns in TX, what they call Colonias, those are some of the worst parts of the US. And also neighborhoods and areas in South Florida, such as Belle Glades, and Opa-Locka. It's funny(or sad) Palm Beach County has HUGE swaths of poverty, and HUGE areas of Affluency(if that's a word). I didn't know Palm Beach County had rich people til I moved, and people told me about Palm Beach County, because the areas of Palm Beach County that I lived, and went to school at, were NOT rich, and were ghetto.
Yes its amazing that Boca Raton,and Manalapan are in the same county that has some of the poorest places in Florida.Manalapan is out of this world!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChild View Post
I thought I read somewhere recently, that Canada is the hydroponics capital of the world. Ontario, maybe? Not sure.
British Columbia.

The bikers there have hundreds of grow-ops around the province.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 AM

250 posts, read 413,006 times
Indio, California
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City