Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Alot of these "street gangs" actually rake thousands to millions a year in drug sells, and are constantly being raided by agencies. Plenty of 3 month operation "so and so" to take down "so and so" supposedly tiny insignificant "street gang". What is a "street gang" nowadays when that gang is involved in narcotics trafficking and call out hits on people? These gangs are organized crime at this point. And why do people love to glamorize the Mafia and the old Outlaws of the West? I guess European based gangs have a certain glow in the eyes of America. They actually have a museum in NYC dedicated to Organized crime. I don't mind the glamorization, because they've spawned great movies, but be consistent. They criticize Hip-Hop for it's violence but have museums of mobsters.
Exactly. Great post.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
oh, really? i'm not that bright?
No, you're not. Disturbingly so at that. This is why everyone keeps clashing with you and trying fruitlessly to knock some sense into you. Its also why your lies keep resurfacing and everyone winds up mocking you. You would need to at least be brighter than you are to catch up and see what everyone else here sees very clearly.

Quote:
1) you don't know
2) neither do you.
Quote:
there are 20 kids in a classroom and 1 teacher, but who's got the power?
Well actually the kids are the ones who have the actual "power" since their attendance is what determines whether or not their school gets funded and their teachers get paid. But I don't expect you to even be aware of or able to grasp that so I'll stop there.

The rest of this post I'll just leave alone since you are obviously beyond help.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
thanks for your input, you joke. and yes, compton is a joke compared to the worst sides of cleveland and baltimore.
Actually your inability to display any accurate knowledge on this subject while persisting to dabble in it is quite the joke. Cleveland and Baltimore are worse in certain ways, appearance being one of them - that much I'll agree on. Compton is far worse in terms of gang-related crime. You can cherry-pick a random year to try and argue against this if you want, but you're basically driving by yourself, bumping yourself on the way to go pick yourself up cause ain't NO ONE riding with you on this one. Lol.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECyde View Post
Please. If you drove to Compton, *****s there will stop you, harass you, ask you we're your from, and what your doing around there. They probably wont kill you but most likely will pull your car at gun point. And we all know you wouldn't get all big man like you do here on the internet.
Hahaha exactly!

Man its sad, this thread feels more like a youtube comment thread with all this BS going back and forth. But when someone is as clueless as that dude its really tough not to let them know.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:30 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECyde View Post
Please. You can't even walk down the street in Compton without getting hit up or shot at. Let alone coming out your house.
you're wrong. it had just 24 murders with about 90,000 people. that leaves about 89,976 people who went outside, shopped, etc and didn't get "hit up." lol at your response. it's so simple and ignorant. i'm not even going to argue with you any further.

and jman, i already said i'm done arguing with you. you can't even argue with me, you lost that right when you posted pictures of the bronx in the 70s in your attempt to TRY to make people believe that's what nyc still looks like, you failed at that, i owned you in the pm's we had, i posted pictures of the redevelopment and 21ST CENTURY new york, and you had no argument other than to say "nyc is old, dirty, ghetto, falling apart like it just went through world war 3, blah blah blah." you're a joke too.

ecyde is a simple minded ignorant who thinks the cia and fbi are scared of compton. jman is just weird little guy who rambles on and on about nothing way too much and thinks that new york still looks like it did in the 70s and 80s. nowincal doesn't have a clue about how the criminal cycle works. just SHUT UP. i CANNOT argue with three ignorants. it's impossible to keep up. so it's done. i'm calling it. when you all can take a dose of reality, then maybe we can start talking. but shut up about compton. it's not hard. shut up about street gangs being more powerful than organized crime. that's pure stupidity to even think that. and shut up about "technique doesn't matter in a fight."

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 07-15-2011 at 07:54 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 07:39 PM

54 posts, read 166,309 times
Quote:
you're wrong. it had just 24 murders with about 90,000 people. that leaves about 89,976 people who went outside, shopped, etc and didn't get "hit up."

i'm done arguing with you jokes. lol at your response. it's so simple and ignorant.

Not just Compton. I'm talking about South Central, Watts, Inglewood, and Long Beach too. Same **** happens in all of them.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM

54 posts, read 166,309 times
Quote:
you're wrong. it had just 24 murders with about 90,000 people. that leaves about 89,976 people who went outside, shopped, etc and didn't get "hit up." lol at your response. it's so simple and ignorant. i'm not even going to argue with you any further.

and jman, i already said i'm done arguing with you. you can't even argue with me, you lost that right when you posted pictures of the bronx in the 70s in your attempt to TRY to make people believe that's what nyc still looks like, you failed at that, i owned you in the pm's we had, i posted pictures of the redevelopment and 21ST CENTURY new york, and you had no argument other than to say "nyc is old, dirty, ghetto, falling apart like it just went through world war 3, blah blah blah." you're a joke too.

ecyde is a simple minded ignorant who thinks the cia and fbi are scared of compton. jman is just weird little guy who rambles on and on about nothing way too much and thinks that new york still looks like it did in the 70s and 80s. nowincal doesn't have a clue about how the criminal cycle works. just SHUT UP. i CANNOT argue with three ignorants. it's impossible to keep up. so it's done. i'm calling it. when you all can take a dose of reality, then maybe we can start talking. but shut up about compton. it's not hard. shut up about street gangs being more powerful than organized crime. that's pure stupidity to even think that. and shut up about "technique doesn't matter in a fight." YOU PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
Both South Central and Compton have gang members and little kids who suffer from high levels of post-traumatic stress disorder, the same thing war veterans suffer from. Gang banging is not a joke people are dying over that. And you saying that these places ain't dangerous, anyone who has lived or lives there will quickly object you on that.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,589 times
Quote:

ecyde is a simple minded ignorant who thinks the cia and fbi are scared of compton. jman is just weird little guy who rambles on and on about nothing way too much and thinks that new york still looks like it did in the 70s and 80s. nowincal doesn't have a clue about how the criminal cycle works. just SHUT UP. i CANNOT argue with three ignorants. it's impossible to keep up. so it's done. i'm calling it. when you all can take a dose of reality, then maybe we can start talking. but shut up about compton. it's not hard. shut up about street gangs being more powerful than organized crime. that's pure stupidity to even think that. and shut up about "technique doesn't matter in a fight."

Of the 10 largest street gangs in America, 5 originated in Chicago and 5 in LA. Not 1 originated on the East Coast.

Here's the list:

Chicago:
Gangster Disciples
Latin Kings
Vice Lords
Black P Stones
Maniac Latin Disciples

LA:
Gangster Crips
Blood Nation
MS 13
18th Street
Sur 13

The Latin Kings didn't even make it to the East Coast to New York until 1986, fully 40 years after beginning in Chicago and spreading throughout the South and West.

The Bloods made it to New York in the early 1990s, followed by the Crips shortly thereafter.

MS 13 came to DC around the mid 1990s.

As to your other comments about the Mafia, you need to learn to live in reality and not in fiction. While the traditional Italian Mafia still exists, it is nowhere near as potent a force as street gangs, which have now crossed into more organized crime.

By the way, the narcotics trade in this country back in the 1950s thru the 1970s was controlled by the Mafia. Now, at the street level, it's all street gangs who receive it from the cartels in Mexico and Latin America. That's not really a debate anymore, at least it hasn't been for about 20 years. You being in the backyard of all the federal law enforcement would be expected to know at least that much.

Perhaps you would understand this if you ever leave the paradise that has the best school system in America, the best mall in America, a lot of gov't agencies. Yes that one, Fairfax County, VA.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I'm getting too flustered to hang in the game I started so now I'm copping out by doing the online equivalent of plugging my ears and going, "NANANANANANANA" so I can't hear anyone.
Lying is the only way I can try to save face, but I'm obviously upset b/c I got caught in my lies and exposed, so I'll just keep repeating them without proving a single thing b/c that's the only option I'm left with.
Sorry, but this is still too pathetic. I don't care what you read b/c none of it will sink in anyway. I'm plenty content forcing you to meltdown and resort to blatantly lying. But you could have done your blood pressure a solid and simplified all of this by simply saying, "you guys are absolutely right and I've made a fool of myself by sticking with my ignorant statements and lies."

Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
I grew up as a Dupont Brat, moving from both ends of the country and various places inbetween, the only place I did not enjoy was Martinsville, Va. Well.....not quite true, I did enjoy moving away to go to college, and have no reason to go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City