Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:08 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,632,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
What in the hell is a moon pie?
And you say you live in South Carolina, my yankee friend?

Seriously, a moonpie is....welll, this link explains it better than I can!

Moon pie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 06:22 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,497,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
And you say you live in South Carolina, my yankee friend?

Seriously, a moonpie is....welll, this link explains it better than I can!

Moon pie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah, I LIVE in SC. I am not FROM SC and the food culture is not for me.

I read what a moon pie is from your link.

I am a health nut with running and lifting weights. I only eat fruits, vegetables and lean meats.

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 05-02-2009 at 06:35 AM..

Old 05-02-2009, 06:28 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,108,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dut View Post
Well I will never EVER try chitterlings!!! I also don't like frog legs, which people eat here in Louisiana. Do not like black eyed peas either.
Me either!!!!!! but I do like black eyed peas

Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I know you're being facetious, but I've seen the word "yankee" thrown around once or twice on this site.
Do people really use such terminology in any sort of seriousness in 2009?
Yes they do, I had a distant cousin when talking about how reserved her son's wife is that "it's the yankee in her".

Old 05-02-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have never eaten chitterlings and never will. Don't like any kind of tea. Don't like or eat black eyed peas, grits, hominy, red eye gravy, okra, oysters, most seafood, squirrel, turtle, frog leggs, possum, veal, mature green peas, applesauce cake, pineapple upside down cake, eggs that are cooked over easy or pickled green beans, pickled watermelon rind, or pickled peaches or pickled pigs feet. Love butter but hate buttermilk. I don't really like the taste of any milk except chocolate milk. That is just a few, I may add more later. No mountain dew for me--no moonshine or soft drink with that name. No wild grapes for me either. I like some greens, but don't like mustard greens. I can eat them, but they are really strong tasteing.

I think this is a very good thread, because we usually praise Southern food, but some of it is not good to everybody. We don't want someone trying the wrong foods first.
I LOVE hominy and my kids love the taste but my daughter told me she thought they have a "sad" smell lol I don't have any idea whta that means lol

I didn't know anybody else even ate hominy but me!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have never eaten chitterlings and never will. Don't like any kind of tea. Don't like or eat black eyed peas, grits, hominy, red eye gravy, okra, oysters, most seafood, squirrel, turtle, frog leggs, possum, veal, mature green peas, applesauce cake, pineapple upside down cake, eggs that are cooked over easy or pickled green beans, pickled watermelon rind, or pickled peaches or pickled pigs feet. Love butter but hate buttermilk. I don't really like the taste of any milk except chocolate milk. That is just a few, I may add more later. No mountain dew for me--no moonshine or soft drink with that name. No wild grapes for me either. I like some greens, but don't like mustard greens. I can eat them, but they are really strong tasteing.

I think this is a very good thread, because we usually praise Southern food, but some of it is not good to everybody. We don't want someone trying the wrong foods first.
I bet you gave your mama fits lol My jusband is a picky eater too lol

Old 05-02-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
I hate grits, pretty much all beans, of course chitterlings, cow tongue, gizzards, turnups, and fried salmon patties. I hate sweet tea, apple pie, cobbler, and sweet potatoes.
I worked with a guy who would bring t ongue sandwiches to work .... it made me sick just thinking about it!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 AM

893 posts, read 1,582,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I LOVE hominy and my kids love the taste but my daughter told me she thought they have a "sad" smell lol I don't have any idea whta that means lol

I didn't know anybody else even ate hominy but me!
Hominy will make you go blind.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'm sorry ya'll, but not liking Moonpies is just unAmerican and anti-South!!! I'm pretty sure that not liking Moonpies is listed as a sin somewhere in the Bible.
Amen brotha! http://secure.woodgroupinc.com/moonpie/images/Apparel/girls-RC-detail.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-02-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Hominy will make you go blind.
LOL Well that explains my vision problems.... I thought it was just me getting older!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City