Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SF vs Chic
San Francisco 161 40.97%
Chicago 232 59.03%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:45 AM

287 posts, read 548,204 times

Advertisements

SF Bay Area. Can't handle those harsh winters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 07:41 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,089,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeeeee View Post
SF is A LOT more poplular than chicago...not as big...but its a city famous all over the world. chicago is mainly just known in the US bcuz new york really overshadows it :P
You win Most Incoherent Post of the Day Award. How can Chicago be known if NYC overshadows it?

Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,405,405 times
How many of these stupid effing threads do we need going at once?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:25 PM

614 posts, read 1,768,106 times
No competition at all.... Chicago

Old 09-10-2010, 09:58 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,569,833 times
San Francisco has a lot going for it; but overall I'll say Chicago.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:37 AM

147 posts, read 148,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Ridiculous comparison.

When making the daily drive from underground pkng garage in San Francisco en route to the estate in Woodside, one can't help but feel sorry for the blue-collar poors in Chicago slipping and sliding on the terribly icy third-world roads while I safely steer my high perf. Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG or Ferrari 599GTB on scenic 280 route while having phone conf. w/ peers at offices in New York/London.

Would argue that San Francisco/Woodside (along with Manhattan/Greenwich) collective IQ is 10X that of Chicago. SF/Woodside/Manhattan/Greenwich boasts some of the world's brightest/most enlightened/$1mm+ per/yr earning populace in the entire world while aspirationals from big midwestern dump universities/Ohio State/community college end up in Chic.

Would also argue that SF boasts the highest QOL on the Western Hemisphere. SF/Woodside is an exclusive club; would hope that CA's current economic collapse/housing crisis will further cleanse unwashed underachievers out of the area and into dumps like Illinois/Arizona/Houston/Podunk as us tax-payers in the top 1% see the poors as nothing more than a great tax burden/waste of space.

You sound so dumb and ignorant it is seriously making me laugh. So by your logic University of Chicago and Northwestern University and University of Illinois are all just big dumpy Midwestern community colleges that nobody cares about. You seriously need to go to a GOOD college driving to one in your minivan not in the Bugatti of your deranged fantasy.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,869,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
How many of these stupid effing threads do we need going at once?
maybe we'll find the answer when somebody (soon, no doubt) starts the

People who want a Chicago vs. San Francisco thread vs. People who do not want a Chicago vs. San Francisco thread

(to be posted, i'm sure, once they figure out how many items they want listed in their poll)

Speaking of polls, i would very much like to see a

Poll vs. Pole poll on city/data.

It would be interesting to take Gallup, Harris, and Rasmuseen and pit them against Karol Józef Wojtyła (Pope John Paul II), Lech Wałęsa, and Copernicus. The only thing that could blow up this delightful possibility is: what do we do if we find a pollster who just happens to be Polish. Drats! Back to the drawing boards.

then again…..I could still have a Poll vs. Pole vs. Pole (flag, dance, totem) poll.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prarie State View Post
You sound so dumb and ignorant it is seriously making me laugh. So by your logic University of Chicago and Northwestern University and University of Illinois are all just big dumpy Midwestern community colleges that nobody cares about. You seriously need to go to a GOOD college driving to one in your minivan not in the Bugatti of your deranged fantasy.
Prairie State, you are crediting this guy with far too much intelligence. He may not be driving his minivan in Bugatti, but he very well may be a techie taking a "big white bus", the one that is gentrifying a city, San Francisco, that has already been gentrified 4 times already, from his neighborhood (probably the Mission) that is squeezing out al the poor as it squeezes out everything else on the road to carry its privileged elites down the peninsula to Palo Alto and all the other Silicon Valley outposts they reach in their reverse commute. The very techies that squeeze the life's blood out of quirky, liberal, tolerant, eccentric, diverse, funky, cool, deeply rooted, sublime San Francisco.

Yep, I really think he thinks Chicago and Northwestern don't belong in the same league, or same country, as Cal and Stanford.

I guess he can't be as lucky as me: I look at Chicago, Chicagoland, San Francisco, and the Bay Area…..and I love them all: my 2 favorite cities, my 2 favorite metros. Without feeling any need to trash either.

this guy's comments, like those of other self-centered, air heads on city-data, say far more about himself and his ability to troll, than they do about Chicago, San Francisco, or anyplace.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:35 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,371,845 times
Chicago for me.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:35 AM

this thread must be heaven-on-earth for the ultra right wing wing nuts. What could they love better than to see folks trash Chicago and San Francisco.

the tea party is eating this stuff up. Do you realize there are few places if any that the right hates as much as Chicago and San Francisco (although I imagine NY and LA are right up there).

Two cities that have so much in common and, I believe (unlike the idiocy here) really like each other are being pitted against each other like pit bulls. the lunatics cheering in the audience want them both to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City