Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Six Flags Park?
Over Texas 17 18.28%
Over Georgia 19 20.43%
St. Louis 7 7.53%
Great Adventure (NJ) 24 25.81%
Magic Mountain (Santa Clarita, CA) 22 23.66%
Great America (IL) 10 10.75%
Fiesta Texas 7 7.53%
America (MD) 3 3.23%
Great Escape (NY) 4 4.30%
Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo, CA) 6 6.45%
Kentucky Kingdom 2 2.15%
New England (MA) 7 7.53%
Mexico 4 4.30%
La Ronde (Montreal) 2 2.15%
New Orleans 4 4.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:02 AM

210 posts, read 846,390 times

Advertisements

Discovery Kingdom in the itty bitty citty by the water that's steady getting taller mayne..Vallejo California!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,923,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
OMG, you have something good to say about NJ? Just kidding

The great adventure in NJ is fun. I voted for it too

No. You see she isn't saying something good about New Jersey. She's saying something good about The Tri-state Region. If Long Island had a six flags it would be waaaaaaaay better than New Jerseys.

I voted for the one in mass and chicago cuz those are the 2 I have been to. But honestly, **** six flags. CANOBIE LAKE PARK!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,862,843 times
I am at a lost as to how Six Flags of Georgia is leading in this poll. I mean it is certainly one of the better parks, but there are atleast three other parks in the franchise superior to it. I guess there are just a lot of Atlanta ppl on this forum.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,693,616 times
Not to be bias but NJ

It has the fastest and highest roller coaster in the world ( Kingda Ka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

we're going in 2 weeks

Old 05-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Newark.. I agree. I am from Georgia... but being objective, the Jersey Park is superior, it's larger and has superior rides. I mean now maybe ppl like the smaller parks, for their quaintness.. I actually prefer Busch Gardens Williamsburg over the Six Flags parks.. the atmosphere is just nicer and more polished. But as far as Six Flags goes.. the one in Jersey is the superior park...next would be Magic Mountain in my opinion (You gotta Love Wally World)

Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM

210 posts, read 846,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Not to be bias but NJ

It has the fastest and highest roller coaster in the world ( Kingda Ka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

we're going in 2 weeks
Interesting..When I went to cedar point in sandusky, oh they claimed that title. I guess it has been takin down finally. Though cedar point I believe is still the largest amusement park with the most rollercoasters, most rides, most twists in a rollercoasters, most water parks in and amusement park etc..

Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,555,545 times
Never been to one, always had tampa/orlando stuff to go to growing up...and roller coasters not my thing, unless I want to see how far I can vomit. I don't even like riding in back seat of cars. I voted for Mexico, they need some help these days. Water parks are cool though.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_810 View Post
Interesting..When I went to cedar point in sandusky, oh they claimed that title. I guess it has been takin down finally. Though cedar point I believe is still the largest amusement park with the most rollercoasters, most rides, most twists in a rollercoasters, most water parks in and amusement park etc..
Yeah, Cedar Point held that title for a long time, but the coaster in Jersey beat it. Cedar Point still has the record for the most coasters at any one amusement park. If you are a coaster enthusiast, cedar point can't be beat.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,693,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
Newark.. I agree. I am from Georgia... but being objective, the Jersey Park is superior, it's larger and has superior rides. I mean now maybe ppl like the smaller parks, for their quaintness.. I actually prefer Busch Gardens Williamsburg over the Six Flags parks.. the atmosphere is just nicer and more polished. But as far as Six Flags goes.. the one in Jersey is the superior park...next would be Magic Mountain in my opinion (You gotta Love Wally World)

I agree, Busch Gardens is a lot better because it just has more to offer for the whole family of all ages. Six Flags is more if you just want to be tossed, turned, and flipped excluding the teacup ride.
Six Flags Great adventure also has a safari which is great.. the Giraffes go in your car to be fed , here's a vid

YouTube - Six Flags Great Adventure's Wild Safari..

They used to let the monkeys run freely but that was a problem, So you can imagine

Old 05-07-2009, 03:21 PM

7,057 posts, read 19,338,912 times
I've only been to two Six Flags parks (Great Adventure and Over Georgia). Great Adventure is a bigger park and I think there are more roller coasters. Of course Kingda Ka at Great Adventure is a huge boon for that park.

Cedar Point is awesome.
Busch Gardens - Williamsburg is great. Not the best for coaster enthusiasts but the mock European villages are nice and well-landscaped.
The Paramount parks like Kings Dominion and Canada Wonderland are pretty good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City