Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:12 AM

346 posts, read 730,454 times

Advertisements

Well, if someone tells you you are "closed-minded" because you think sushi is gross, then it is a little "trendy." It's pretty new in the U.S., get over it.
Don't you little children have school today?

Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 AM

322 posts, read 800,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Krud, you guys are in such denial. Where you even alive in the 80s? Why didn't we see all these little trendy sushi places then? Sounds like you're obsessed with a "city" image too. You people need to grow up and get personalities of your own. It's sad how shallow and dumb some of you are.
No...Monk' comes from a city that is shunned by SF'ers for being "too suburban" "too hot" ...basically L.A minus Hollywood and plus a tech sector. His city actually has incredible diversity, a population of a million, great weather etc...and here is the kicker, no one there seems to brag about it. (They have great sushi places too+ a Japantown)

So have fun chowing on them burgers 4eversearching, .

Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 AM

Wow, if no one there brags about it, then I guess you'd hate it there. Not everyone who hates sushi "chows 'em burgers." Again, showing what a moron you are, nightmare. How old are you anyway? I think you need a little diapy-change.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 9,255 times
wat are you kidding theres a lot of gangs, crime,murder,homicides,robberies,blurgarries.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM

what are blugarries? Lol.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM

322 posts, read 800,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastave13z View Post
wat are you kidding theres a lot of gangs, crime,murder,homicides,robberies,blurgarries.

Oh , but Chic'ans can look past that! I mean the hot and HUMID summers are great! The freezing cold winters are stupendous! Oh, and that ocean...erm..i mean lake doesn't have salt in it so your hair doesn't feel icky! oooh

Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 AM

177 posts, read 479,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
Chic looks boring and grey in those pics...dont do that again.

Like I said, Chic is a cute town...but the hokey-ness...inferior complex needs to stop
Hahahahaha! That is simply too funny. I know it hurts, young person, to admit that Chicago is a great city. But its not that bad once youre over it. It comes when you experience other cities and regions and grow out of your adolescent shell called ignorance.

And what the hell is 'chic' supposed to mean, youre using it in the wrong context. Understandable for a young person I guess. But FYI, 'Chic' means style, which especially in the realm of architecture (as can be seen in the pics), Chicago clearly has in spades.

BTW, 4ever, sushi is clearly not a fad.

And yes, any midwestern seafood in general is probably not quite as good as that on the coasts, unless you are talking about great lakes fish (salmon, trout, perch etc). There certainly is some excellent seafood here in the midwest too though.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM

Salmon is a salt water fish, btw.
Maybe I should've used the term "trend" instead of "fad." As in, it is "trendy" to go out for sushi. A lot of people like it, but it is "trendy." Get over it people.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 AM

Nevermind, I guess they live in both.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Salmon is a salt water fish, btw.
Maybe I should've used the term "trend" instead of "fad." As in, it is "trendy" to go out for sushi. A lot of people like it, but it is "trendy." Get over it people.
Maybe its trendy where you live, but in the Bay Area, sushi is very popular, is certainly not considered a fad, and you can get it all over. Not just trendy restaurants with minimalist decor and maitre'd's wearing all black with german accents. LOL

Lots of mom-n-pop places and neighborhood restaurants have sushi. You should check some of them out the next time your in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City