Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shack in NY or Mansion in Florida
Shack in NY 21 31.82%
Mansion in Florida 45 68.18%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:14 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Mike Peterson--don't you realize that some people would rather be poor and love where they live, than be rich in a place they despise? Some people just don't care about having little money. I don't see why you find that so hard to understand.
Why are you trying to read into a very simple question?

I know people that would rather live in a tent in the forest but that has nothing to do with the question I posted.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
Default Ding, Ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Why are you trying to read into a very simple question?

I know people that would rather live in a tent in the forest but that has nothing to do with the question I posted.
My daughter GETS it and you Mr. Real Estate Agent DON'T. Not speaking for anybody else, but her MOTHER would rather be DIRT POOR living in New York, or ANYWHERE in the NORTH, than rich, or even middle class, in FLORIDA.

This state is so phony and artificial. Fake trees, fake mice, fake, fake, fake. Above all YOU have a major horse in this race. You NEED to get people to move to Florida so you can sell REAL ESTATE.

Go back to Florida with all the other starry eyed, sun stroked, brain fried transplants buying houses from you.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:21 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
My daughter GETS it and you Mr. Real Estate Agent DON'T. Not speaking for anybody else, but her MOTHER would rather be DIRT POOR living in New York, or ANYWHERE in the NORTH, than rich, or even middle class, in FLORIDA.

This state is so phony and artificial. Fake trees, fake mice, fake, fake, fake.
It's pretty sad how I seem to know more than someone 20 years older than I am.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:28 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,524 times
Quote:
We could have bought in 1988 for $150,000. I could be living there now instead of here in Florida.
It was the perfect day for a nice walk in the city. I hope your able to come back soon.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
You should have changed it to a shack in NYC. The shack looks like it's in the middle of nowhere.
I didn't look at the pic I just took it as NYC and every one esle should.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:32 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
It was the perfect day for a nice walk in the city. I hope your able to come back soon.
You are right, the weather is absolutely perfect.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Mike Peterson--don't you realize that some people would rather be poor and love where they live, than be rich in a place they despise? Some people just don't care about having little money. I don't see why you find that so hard to understand.
Not to mention many people don't desire a huge house and a suburban lifestyle. In my experience those in the city and those in the country are far happier with where their liifestyles than those living in the suburban lifestyle. IMO the suburban lifestyle offers the hassles of both lifestyle with the benefits of neither.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:

This state is so phony and artificial. Fake trees, fake mice, fake, fake, fake. Above all YOU have a major horse in this race. You NEED to get people to move to Florida so you can sell REAL ESTATE.

Go back to Florida with all the other starry eyed, sun stroked, brain fried transplants buying houses from you.
I don't think either of you gets it. This was a very simple question but you seem to have trouble with that.

As far as fake trees and fake mice, I do believe you are losing it as I have no idea what you are trying to say.

You also allude to me needing people to move to Florida.

Who in their right mind could look at this thread and come to the conclusion that I am trying to bring people to Florida with it?

There are enough people still moving to Florida and even though you view them as "starry eyed, sun stroked, brain fried transplants", it is what they want to do just like you want to move back to NY.

Is it really that hard for you to understand that not everyone likes the same things as you?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
It's pretty sad how I seem to know more than someone 20 years older than I am.
Please explain what you know more than me.

You could not even answer a simple question in the poll.

Oh wait, your mommy said you are smart, my bad.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Please explain what you know more than me.

You could not even answer a simple question in the poll.

Oh wait, your mommy said you are smart, my bad.
Why are you being so confrontational and insulting to other posters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City